• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS] Tetris Axis coming on October 2, Nintendo publishes!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From the SS press release

Nintendo will launch the upcoming Tetris®: Axis game for Nintendo 3DS systems on Oct. 2.
The Professor Layton and the Last Specter™ game for the Nintendo DS family of systems will launch Oct. 17.

The original portable Tetris® game was a smash hit on the Game Boy™ system. The new Tetris: Axis game lets players use the magic of the Nintendo 3DS system to jump into the action in 3D without the need for special glasses. The game includes more than 20 different modes – some familiar, some new. Up to eight players can compete in wireless multiplayer battles, even if only one player has a game card**. Tetris: Axis also makes use of the augmented-reality and SpotPass™ features of Nintendo 3DS. Tetris: Axis is part of a stirring fall lineup for Nintendo 3DS that also includes Pokémon™ Rumble Blast (launching Oct. 24), Super Mario 3D Land™ (November) and Mario Kart™ 7 (December).

Shiggy

Same month in Europe, NoE publishes it just like the last few Tetris games.

Edit: Not sure about the releasedate.

Takao

Banned
The Broken Ska Record said:
I hope there are more Nintendo themed levels like in Tetris DS.

This was originally a Hudson game so don't hold your breath for Nintendo themed levels.

Tiktaalik

Tetris DS was pretty damn good Tetris. This will be one to keep an eye on.

edit: Oh no special Nintendo features? Hype downgrade..

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I don't care about any gimmicks, but if it's a really solid game of Tetris with good online matchmaking like Tetris DS then I'll probably buy it.

The OP's avatar just reminded me that Nintendo just announced some of the last release dates for their end of year games except for Kid Icarus Uprising.

FoneBone

Oni Link 666 said:
The OP's avatar just reminded me that Nintendo just announced some of the last release dates for their end of year games except for Kid Icarus Uprising.
Yeah, looks like Kid Icarus has slipped into 2012.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Shiggy said:
It's a simple publishing deal as with Tetris Party Deluxe.

Wonder if Nintendo re-signed for the Tetris license. That is always a good thing. Maybe we can at least hope SPD is doing their own music. Nintendo music on Tetris has always been awesome. Hudson music is NOT.

Shiggy

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Wonder if Nintendo re-signed for the Tetris license. That is always a good thing. Maybe we can at least hope SPD is doing their own music. Nintendo music on Tetris has always been awesome. Hudson music is NOT.

Is this Hudson's last game? Konami doesn't have the licence now?

Danneee

Isn't this made by the Tetris Company or something, the ones who made the last few tetrises and the mobile versions? I'll keep to Tetris DS.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
If Nintendo has relicensed Tetris, I hope we get Tetris GB/DX on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Danneee said:
Isn't this made by the Tetris Company or something, the ones who made the last few tetrises and the mobile versions? I'll keep to Tetris DS.
It's developed by Hudson, like the Tetris Party games on Wii/DS.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tetris Axis Of Evil

Danneee said:
They are all pretty much the same game as Tetris DS but with different coats of paint. The Tetris Company hasn't allowed different Tetris games to exist for years now.

Exception: Continued left/right motion in Tetris Party is really damn slow.

@MUWANdo

Banned
If you've played Tetris Party on Wii/WiiWare/DS/DSiWare than you know what to expect. Tetris Axis is essentially a port of those games and contains all the modes from Tetris Party Deluxe on DS plus several new ones; there are AR versions of Marathon and Climber that are played in a 3D space, there's a Jigsaw-style mode that has you flipping tetrominoes to assemble a picture (this supports photos saved to the SD), and a few other modes including one that uses the gyro. Six player online with VOIP during friends play, same as Tetris Party, and you unlock new powerups for the multiplayer mode every week or so through SpotPass. There's Mii Support too, but it doesn't amount to much.

bryehn

@MUWANdo said:
If you've played Tetris Party on Wii/WiiWare/DS/DSiWare than you know what to expect. Tetris Axis is essentially a port of those games and contains all the modes from Tetris Party Deluxe on DS plus several new ones; there are AR versions of Marathon and Climber that are played in a 3D space, there's a Jigsaw-style mode that has you flipping tetrominoes to assemble a picture (this supports photos saved to the SD), and a few other modes including one that uses the gyro. Six player online with VOIP during friends play, same as Tetris Party, and you unlock new powerups for the multiplayer mode every week or so through SpotPass. There's Mii Support too, but it doesn't amount to much.

AR? Gyro? No thanks!

I sure did love Tetris Party though.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
lunchwithyuzo said:
If Nintendo has relicensed Tetris, I hope we get Tetris GB/DX on the 3DS Virtual Console.
SORRY, THEY'RE NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINE

@MUWANdo

Banned
bryehn said:
AR? Gyro? No thanks!

I sure did love Tetris Party though.

Bear in mind that these extra modes are in addition to the 14 or so modes from Tetris Party Deluxe (and unlike Tetris DS, most of the extra modes were actually good).

For what it's worth, AR Climber is actually pretty fun, or at least it would be if I could hold the camera straight.

AlexMeloche said:
Interesting name. Better than Tetris 3D.
Or 3D Tetris.
256px-3D_Tetris.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Still not Tetrisphere, still not interested!

Plus I still have a wonderful copy of Tetris DX to play. No terrible T-spins there.

what makes me think is that why they just don't put this up on eShop? I think Tetris isn't a game that people want to keep in their cartridge for a long time and only play it?

but maybe I am wrong, I have [only] FIFA in my ds for the last whole week.

Top Bottom