• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS] Tetris Axis coming on October 2, Nintendo publishes!

hatchx

Banned
Nintendo will launch the upcoming Tetris®: Axis game for Nintendo 3DS systems on Oct. 2.
The Professor Layton and the Last Specter™ game for the Nintendo DS family of systems will launch Oct. 17.

The original portable Tetris® game was a smash hit on the Game Boy™ system. The new Tetris: Axis game lets players use the magic of the Nintendo 3DS system to jump into the action in 3D without the need for special glasses. The game includes more than 20 different modes – some familiar, some new. Up to eight players can compete in wireless multiplayer battles, even if only one player has a game card**. Tetris: Axis also makes use of the augmented-reality and SpotPass™ features of Nintendo 3DS. Tetris: Axis is part of a stirring fall lineup for Nintendo 3DS that also includes Pokémon™ Rumble Blast (launching Oct. 24), Super Mario 3D Land™ (November) and Mario Kart™ 7 (December).

So Kid Icarus delay confirmed?

Was I the only one excited for Sakurai's new action-adventure title and the return of a twenty-year-old franchise?

hatchx said:
So Kid Icarus delay confirmed?

Was I the only one excited for Sakurai's new action-adventure title and the return of a twenty-year-old franchise?

Maybe just not fall, early winter?
followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season

For those wondering, this is the sequel to Hudson's Tetris Party on Wii and DS.

These were excellent versions of Tetris that took a Tetris DS style approach to the game and included some fantastic additional modes like Bombliss, Co-Op Tetris and Field Climber.

From the looks of what we've seen, this looks to be another fantastic Tetris game and well worth keeping an eye on for any fans of Tetris DS or Tetris Party (especially for the AR Tetris mode, looks awesome!)

jooey said:
SORRY, THEY'RE NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINE

They have been loosening up on the guidelines recently though. Tetris Party dumps the infinite rotation rule in all multiplayer modes!

I never even considered the idea of Nintendo re-licensing Tetris. But if they're the publisher for Tetris Axis, then I guess they'd have to wouldn't they?

Would be a good time to push for the release of Tetris GB and Tetris NES on the VC in that case!

Considering you can play Tetris for free on practically everything short of a toaster I don't think I'll be spending $40 on this, but at the same time if any game deserves more money, it's Tetris.

So conflictedddddddd

gunstarhero

walking fiend said:
what makes me think is that why they just don't put this up on eShop? I think Tetris isn't a game that people want to keep in their cartridge for a long time and only play it?

but maybe I am wrong, I have [only] FIFA in my ds for the last whole week.

I know people you never took Tetris out of their Gameboys....ever.

Then again, that was a long time ago... man, I'm old.

Don't misunderstand, I'm perfectly fine with buying a well-constructed, premium handheld game. But when the competition is offering their version for an affordable $0, Nintendo's $35 version is going to be a hard sell, no matter how many unnecessary 3D graphics are laid on top of an ancient game.

Destructoid

Every occasion is good to repeat over and over the same things acritically without knowing exactly what players want, or what the game is about, uh?

Hmm. I only recently found a copy of Tetris DS, which is outstanding, so I doubt I'll jump on board for this. Besides, I don't think I want a 3 dimensional game of Tetris.

watershed

Banned
Interesting to see that Nintendo is publishing this, but that also means it will never get a discount. Will people be willing to spend $35 dollars on tetris? I wonder. I also wonder what kind of advertising Nintendo is gonna put behind this.

Hudson? Not Nintendo? Is Nintendo publishing this in Japan as well?

anyways, the good news is it comes with Club Nintendo points. Don't think I'll pick it up unless impressions are superb. Miis aren't even used in the game.

XtUuopnAyzj1FrxzCgCzIC7OHzWEEaj6.jpg
vAFwrWG5jSqNSmHjG8GZLTBqdG1YugtY.jpg
iQxOv8-mleqi-yHk68ab-l3GsUOUj4KJ.jpg
gZ5j6wi19aIqNcHWjxrG_QZOg6XVm7y_.jpg
UAAz19t9geU-td_yCrCs3iZqW6-v2Fy_.jpg
CjdEq9lefZK2rWJkTUWF8Nnjn7jW90RM.jpg

beje

Banned

OMG, is that Bombliss from Tetris 3 SNES? If so, get! (we still need confirmation for the PAL release u_u).

Edit: I still don't know why NoE is being so ass-backwards with the last quarter 3DS schedule: leave October completely deserted, release Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Pokémon Rumble in 2 weeks span (Mario on Nov 25, Kart and Poke on Dec 2) and completely ignore this game. I just don't get it.

Shiggy said:
Mario 3D Land delayed a week, Tetris Axis prelayed a week :D
Now coming October 21.

Good move. October was looking a bit barren since they delayed Super Pokemon Rumble to December.

beje said:

OMG, is that Bombliss from Tetris 3 SNES? If so, get! (we still need confirmation for the PAL release u_u).

Edit: I still don't know why NoE is being so ass-backwards with the last quarter 3DS schedule: leave October completely deserted, release Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Pokémon Rumble in 2 weeks span (Mario on Nov 25, Kart and Poke on Dec 2) and completely ignore this game. I just don't get it.

Yes that is the same Bombliss mode from Tetris 3 SNES (they had it in Tetris Party Deluxe as well), you should be getting excited!

BTW, for those saying that it should be like Tetris DS. This IS like Tetris DS. If you are a fan of that game (like me!) then you should be very excited for this version of Tetris!

Top Bottom