• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL First Impressions/Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which pics of Blue best shows off what it looks like in real life? I may just get that one.

You win IrishNinja :(

Drago, I was just like you - until I made my decision - blue. Not only doesn't seem to be an appealing shade of blue (think a matte Sonic the Hedgehog blue), but also this:

Colors released:

JP = White, Red, Silver (Japan did not get blue)
EU = Red, Silver, Blue (blue is the harder color to find, silver selling not as well as red/blue)
NA = Red, Blue (Japan did not get blue as a color :p)

I haven't see it yet in person, but by all accounts of YouTube searches (and the good members here) of unboxing blue, it looks nice.

This seems to be the correct shade, averaging from most pics:

8b840cf2.jpg

And well, red:

Mickeys shorts --> =
00505555.jpg

(once seen cannot be unseen) ^_^

Drago

I expect that there will be trade in deals that are revealed once the launch gets closer, maybe a week before launch.

There aren't any known yet afaik

Ghost23

I'm considering selling my 3DS and its case for $110. Could I get a better deal trading it in? What were the deals in UK?

NeoRausch

Thanks for the pics Weird. GBA games on XL almost feels like a snes revival.

thanks! i really don't know why but my personal feeling is that old games and 2D games look waaay nicer on DAT SCREEN. makes no sense, i know, but i'm really digging the look.

oh and how about some comparsion shots forthe old and the new slide pad:

this reminds me that i really need to buy a macro lense before the wii u comes out. :)

syoaran

I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or simply less fussy about these things, but I've not experienced any sound crackling. In fact I can' tell the difference between the sound coming from my 3DS to my XL.

On closer inspection I can see that when playing in 2D, the screen does become a little warmer than in 3D. Easy to notice if your constantly switching back and forth, but fairly easy to miss if you haven't looked at the system all day.

DS games look nice on it. I was expecting it to look like a disaster in stretch, but even games like Infinite Space look a treat (pity the sound in that game is abysmal)

Honestly I'm glad I picked it up, but I hope 3rd party support in Europe picks up. Capcom, step up your game!

thanks! i really don't know why but my personal feeling is that old games and 2D games look waaay nicer on DAT SCREEN. makes no sense, i know, but i'm really digging the look.

You're not alone my man! I guess they should look worse but I definitely prefer the look of 1:1 mode on the XL over the OG and that's not simply due to the size increase.

oh and how about some comparsion shots forthe old and the new slide pad:

this reminds me that i really need to buy a macro lense before the wii u comes out. :)

awesome pics

and dat blue

Still two weeks until it comes out in NA. I'm really stuck. I would like to get one of these to upgrade my current 3DS, but the red and blue don't really do it for me.

What do you guys place the odds of the silver or white edition (or something else entirely) coming out for the holiday window?

Santiako

Still two weeks until it comes out in NA. I'm really stuck. I would like to get one of these to upgrade my current 3DS, but the red and blue don't really do it for me.

What do you guys place the odds of the silver or white edition (or something else entirely) coming out for the holiday window?

Most definetly there will be another colour before the year ends.

Ragus

Banned
Guys, you know what? After a week of using XL, those screens became a normal thing to me. Going back to regular 3DS with its tiny screens would probably be a shock to me.

kunonabi

If Nintendo releases stuff on Sunday that means the stores should have them on Saturday right? I'm actually moving on the 19th and I'd like to stop by and pick up my XL in the morning before I leave.

NeoRausch

Guys, you know what? After a week of using XL, those screens became a normal thing to me. Going back to regular 3DS with its tiny screens would probably be a shock to me.

just played a round of intersect on my wifes 3DS.....BOY! that screen became tiny! lol.

but the higher densitiy makes up for that

Robso

Has anybody got any tips on how to install screen protectors please?

I totally messed up yesterday. I found it so fiddly. I have another pair on the way and believe I can do the touch screen however the top screen just seems too fiddly to do. Although air bubbles appear to be the issue with the bottom screen rather than fitting it, whereas it's both for the top screen.

Any tips are much appreciated.

If Nintendo releases stuff on Sunday that means the stores should have them on Saturday right? I'm actually moving on the 19th and I'd like to stop by and pick up my XL in the morning before I leave.

They will probably have them a few days before. Doesn't mean they will just sell you one. Try a mom & pop store before going somewhere like EB. You might have luck if you explain your situation.

I had the same issue after playing on the Vita. I have a lot of trouble going back to the 3DS's small screen. Looking forward to the XL.

Drago

You have a Red XL, correct?

Could you provide me with some nice pics that represent what the unit looks like in real life under different lighting? If you don't mind :)

RPGCrazied

You have a Red XL, correct?

Could you provide me with some nice pics that represent what the unit looks like in real life under different lighting? If you don't mind :)

I think he did a few pages back. Would be nice if the OP was updated with both colors pictures.

Kweh

Silly question time, but on the original 3DS, when I have the 3D slider all the way down, shouldn't the 'OFF' light come on instead of the 3D one? I'm sure I have seen pics of it doing that.

RPGCrazied

I know. I have around $150 credit on Amazon that I would love to use to buy a XL. I guess the wait continues with no end in sight. Maybe when it comes available the white XL will be here.

I got tired of waiting, I'm getting in on New Egg now. Its funny, you can preorder the protectors from Hori on amazon, but not the system.

NeoRausch

Silly question time, but on the original 3DS, when I have the 3D slider all the way down, shouldn't the 'OFF' light come on instead of the 3D one? I'm sure I have seen pics of it doing that.

Nope you didn't. Cause there is none. ;)

the indicator light just shows that 3d content is available. Nothing more. If none is there...just no light.

i LOVELOVELOVE that it's gone with the XL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom