• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

68th Primetime Emmys | Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel | Sept. 18 7e/4p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

QGKuHTF.gif

W-what's happening here?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
They ended ahead of schedule. That's practically unheard of.

This was actually a pretty damn good Emmy's for me. A lot of deserving people and shows won.

Mr. Robot deserved more than it got and The Americans stays robbed though

That Outstanding Comedy category was stacked. Would have been happy with anything but Modern Family. Veep was probably the right choice. Funniest show on TV and season 5 was its best yet.

Ughhh at GoT winning Drama though. At least it won't be eligible next year...

Ledbetter

It was a good show overall, good to see that there were some surprises. Enjoyed Kimmel as a host and thank God there wasn't a lot of awkward unfunny bits.

Sheroking

Better Call Saul had a good argument for it, but Thrones was significantly better this year than the other nominees.

Mostly good choices this year. The only one that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is The People vs. OJ Simpson beating the actual best show on television, Fargo.

_Isaac

That Outstanding Comedy category was stacked. Would have been happy with anything but Modern Family. Veep was probably the right choice. Funniest show on TV and season 5 was its best yet.

Ughhh at GoT winning Drama though. At least it won't be eligible next year...

Why won't it be eligible?

Jigorath

Banned
So Game of Thrones steamrolled again?

I'm shocked.

Good for Mendelsohn. I haven't watched this season of Bloodline yet, but he was terrific last year and should have won.

jrcbandit

Production has been delayed so they can shoot in winter. It will start airing after the cut-off date.

Which just means it's going to win everything in 2018 ;)

Did it actually win anything for Season 5 other than the Hardhome episode? That season was a turd overall other than that episode.

I'm glad Rami won, and can't complain about GOT it's been a great season.
The Americans and Fargo were robbed, at least in some categories. Fargo will be alright, but more people need to watch The Americans.
Travolta and Schwimmer (especially Schimmer) being nominated is a joke and you know it.
I think I'm finally gonna start watching Veep.

Sheroking

I'm glad Rami won, and can't complain about GOT it's been a great season.
The Americans and Fargo were robbed, at least in some categories. Fargo will be alright, but more people need to watch The Americans.
Travolta and Schwimmer (especially Schimmer) being nominated is a joke and you know it.
I think I'm finally gonna start watching Veep.

Why do more people need to watch The Americans? They've already set an end-date.

kevin1025

Banned
Can't say I'm disappointed with any of these wins, they were all well deserved. Some may have deserved it more, but all were excellent choices. Best Actor and Best Actress were the most satisfying wins of the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom