• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8+ Hour Long Killer Instinct Season 3 Stream, showcasing competitive matches

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Rash's design really looks like a S1 character, overall. They do a good job getting all these limb-transformation normals to look great in 3D, and he really is a big case for "Make Darkstalkers in 3D!". His normals are really starting to remind me of some of Rikuo's,, which is great.

Sure Tusk looks unfinished in comparison, but Arby and Rash make it easier to have confidence they'll be polished to similar degrees.

IG just makes bigger sweeping motions in their animations than DH did, I guess. The frame timing and overall effect seems about the same, but the travel distance of Jago's crouch Heavy Punch VS something like Tusk is quite different.

All the "OMG, WORSE BUDGET!" "OMG, THIS LOOKS SO BAD!" just doesn't ring all that true to me. Just artist with different takes on similar ideals. I can definitely understand not liking the style as much,

On the stages situation... it's kinda funny how much primo FG caliber SFV makes me appreciate KIs. KI's got some great Skybox artist, and even the static portions of KI's designs are pretty gorgeously designed. And much more active skies. They have a lot more mechanical / inanimate object design stuff going on (I.E, not humans and large animals, but cars, trains, mechanical cores, TV monitors, and boats), and they've done a great job actually feeling pretty unique among fighters.

It does suck we're not getting more stages (I still want stage alts too!), but at least what we have is pretty solid.

LOL at Dance Break.

.la1n

This is the most amazing twitch break ever. It's a bummer about the stages but at least the three new ones are really awesome. Can't really complain about 20 stages in a fighting game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I mean, obviously, we don't need more "Fatalities" in the game. We need each character to have their own DANCE BREAK. ...Which kinda sounds like an SNK Engrish (TM) counter mechanic.

Dai101

Banned
toad10yaxn.gif

toad3qly5f.gif

toad2aay2h.gif

.la1n

I like that you can make out the darker characters even on dark stages now, that was an issue on Hisako, Aria, and Omen's stages.

SimonM7

Man I hope this game gets more acknowledgement when it's on PC as well.

The default indifference towards it for being an Xbox game makes me sad.

Dinjoralo

Man I hope this game gets more acknowledgement when it's on PC as well.

The default indifference towards it for being an Xbox game makes me sad.

Sadly, it being a "Windows 10" game probably won't help the indifference much. Microsoft's damning themselves with that storefront.

Speaking of that, I managed to find a shred of footage on the PC version. So we do know have proof that it actually exists.

SimonM7

Sadly, it being a "Windows 10" game probably won't help the indifference much. Microsoft's damning themselves with that storefront.

Speaking of that, I managed to find a shred of footage on the PC version. So we do know have proof that it actually exists.

Yeah, it's certainly not ideal, but I still hope it'll punch a couple of holes in the wall between the user bases. The base game being free and windows 10 penetration being what it is, it shhhhould make at least a small difference.

Dinjoralo

Me: "Does the Windows 10 version have any improvements to KI's graphics?"
Keits (who I'm sure is a dev): "apparently you can crank the resolution really high"

"Apparently"? Uh... okay.

Keits (who I'm sure is a dev): "apparently you can crank the resolution really high"

I don't think they're aloud to say anything about it. Microsoft calls the shots on releasing info on it and all they've said is pretty much exactly what he told you. It sucks, but it's how Microsoft has chosen to do things :/.

Keits

Developer

I work on Combat. I don't work on PC ports or graphics engineering or options.

Justinh

Tusk looks awesome to play, but he sure is all
hotlinepmupx.png

Yeah, that face turned me off at first, but I saw that youtube vid where they were like... introducing him and stuff and he looks pretty awesome. I like the thing they did with his instinct where he goes all "barbaric."

This vidya.

I hope this is how they introduce new characters in SFV. I love this kinda stuff...

SimonM7

Yeah, that face turned me off at first, but I saw that youtube vid where they were like... introducing him and stuff and he looks pretty awesome. I like the thing they did with his instinct where he goes all "barbaric."

This vidya.

I hope this is how they introduce new characters in SFV. I love this kinda stuff...

Yeah, I can't wait to try him. In fact, I'm having a "problem" with KI in that I think almost every single character is fun to play. I usually gravitate toward someone in particular almost immediately in fighters, but everyone has such strong, unique hooks in this.

The Flash

Banned
Yeah, I can't wait to try him. In fact, I'm having a "problem" with KI in that I think almost every single character is fun to play. I usually gravitate toward someone in particular almost immediately in fighters, but everyone has such strong, unique hooks in this.

Sounds like a good problem to have

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Go for it. KI is one of the few fighting games where it's pretty easy to have multiple mains.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Busy doing some stuff so I'm in and out of the stream, but I'm loving what I've seen so far.

Looking at the comments, I missed some Rash gameplay though, too bad.

I did get to see when there was a good bit of Arbiter, who I really, really love seeing so far along with Rash - my two favs so far.

So we all think there's gonna be a Vampire, right?

Can't decide if I'd prefer some kind of deformed Nosferatu type or a play on the classic Dracula.

Who am I kidding, tuxedo vamp 4 lyfe.

Dai101

Banned

Can't decide if I'd prefer some kind of deformed Nosferatu type or a play on the classic Dracula.

Why not both? Remember how Demitri is rendered in the Vampire games? Somthing like that.

Sydle

I think Isgreen hinted at one when he commented how it was a major troupe they hadn't covered yet. I highly doubt it will be a glamour vamp, but maybe there would be a costume to dress him/her up a bit.

Why not both? Remember how Demitri is rendered in the Vampire games? Somthing like that.

Never played 'em, but I think I get the gist.

Could be cool as an Instinct mode thing.

I think Isgreen hinted at one when he commented how it was a major troupe they hadn't covered yet. I highly doubt it will be a glamour vamp, but maybe there would be a costume to dress him/her up a bit.

Aw man, I wanted Bela Lugosi, lol.

Zeta Oni

This is still not Darkstalkers m8

Despite all signs to the contrary.

Doesn't have to be exactly that, just think theres ample inspiration to be taken from a character who probably wont be seeing the light of day anytime soon.

Although, in his case, id imagine that would be a bad thing regardless.

Top Bottom