• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90's Nostalgia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been rather gloomy lately and simpler times cheer me up.

e6abgp.jpg

2wmjf39.jpg

zwevj4.jpg

2gw6om9.jpg

2m5fs41.jpg

23ixi5w.jpg

2l8xhug.png

j8pthx.jpg

27yv1gy.jpg

Please post your own thoughts and images that remind you of the 1990's.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fucking Yo-Yo's, remember that craze?
I got into them when the fad was at full blast, I had several of them but I sucked at doing tricks aside from walkin' the dog or whatever it was called when you threw it down and made it hang and roll. I definitely spent more time untangling string than I did pulling off sweet tricks.
Good stuff.
I kind of wish I could find my old yo-yos so I could give 'em a sling again.

2a9tybl.jpg

ATF487

I'm 20 years old.

Put a few kids plus or minus 2 years from my age in a room, and you will inevitably get to a discussion of 90s era Nicktoons. It's Godwin's Law for our generation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Door2Dawn said:
Wasn't toonami around in the 2000's?

Wiki says 1997. And yes, Toonami was the fucking shit. The greatest block of TV I can remember. I was actually just watching some G Gundam...so good.

I was really into the Yo-Yo craze as well. That was fun. I remember a friend of mine had this like steel Yo-Yo that came in this crazy metal case. It was sick! :lol

I was in high school/college when half this stuff happened. The one thing I have to ask is Power Rangers, what was the love for this shit? In the 80's we had Voltron (Voltron>Rangers btw) so I get the appeal of the toys. But, God, Power Rangers the show was horrible when I was forced to watch it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GillianSeed79 said:
I was in high school/college when half this stuff happened. The one thing I have to ask is Power Rangers, what was the love for this shit? In the 80's we had Voltron (Voltron>Rangers btw) so I get the appeal of the toys. But, God, Power Rangers the show was horrible when I was forced to watch it.

I liked it (not as much as beetleborgs) but I was in like 1st grade at the time, just a child. I had no standards. I remember we would all pretend to be Power Rangers at recess, Billy the blue Ranger was my favorite so I would always call him. It still cracks me up that the Asian girl was the yellow Ranger and the African American guy was the black ranger.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GillianSeed79 said:
Power Rangers was live action. I'm not sure but I think Power Rangers was the first live action show of it's kind for kids and that was a big part of the appeal. That and the toys. And Tommy.

abc_twy_mckellar_070810_ssh.jpg

*Sigh*

<3

She was my dream girl at the age of six. There was an aboriginal girl who lived down my street who looked just like a tanned version of Winnie Cooper. I had such a huge crush on her.

And yes, I know The Wonder Years first screened in 1988. It didn't come to Australia until a year or so later. Back then, movie and TV studios treated us like Nintendo does today.

Don't forget RoundHouse! That's some old skool Nick @ Nite shit. Hell that might be late 80's.

nF857.jpg

Remember that motorized lazy-boy they always had?

kUskH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom