• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A homeless guy stole my clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bud said:
you were being a fucking dick. no wonder he stole your clothes.

That is exactly what I am thinking. The OP was being a total asshole to the guy and now acting surprised?

Tntnnbltn

fallengorn said:
At least you have an excuse for not going in casual this friday.
Oh shit, it's that guy? :lol :lol :lol

Last night, I entered the complex laundry area to wash my colors, when I noticed a foul and unkempt stranger lurking in the room.
Now I'm wondering whether it really was a homeless guy or just a slack-jawed mongrel in casual dress.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
dskillzhtown said:
That is exactly what I am thinking. The OP was being a total asshole to the guy and now acting surprised?
how is "here's 50 cents to watch my clothes" to a homeless guy spending the night there him being an asshole?

Tntnnbltn said:
Oh shit, it's that guy? :lol :lol :lol

Now I'm wondering whether it really was a homeless guy or just a slack-jawed mongrel in casual dress.
:lol :lol :lol This thread keeps giving!

-COOLIO- said:
how is "here's 50 cents to watch my clothes" to a homeless guy spending the night there him being an asshole?
Think of the condescending tone the OP must have used, the holier than thou attitude.

Lambtron said:
Karma, buddy. Karma.

How exactly does karma play into this?

Have I stolen something from someone? Did someone personal harm? Because I behave a certain way, have high goals, want to be a leader, like to look good...I deserve to get my shit stolen? I bet you and the rest of the hating fuckers in this thread pop cheap champagne bottles whenever there's news of something foul happening to someone of success.

Threi

notag
NintendosBooger said:
I bet you and the rest of the hating fuckers in this thread pop cheap champagne bottles whenever there's news of something foul happening to someone of success.
usually yes, but im at school right now so i toast my sprite can to your misfortune.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
crowphoenix said:
:lol :lol :lol This thread keeps giving!

Think of the condescending tone the OP must have used, the holier than thou attitude.

unless he whipped the 50 cents at the homeless dudes face and said "watch my fucking clothes" i dont see it being that bad. the dude got 50 cents, which is probably more than other people doing their laundry would give to a scary, camping, homeless dude.

railGUN

Banned
NintendosBooger said:

Have I stolen something from someone? Did someone personal harm? Because I behave a certain way, have high goals, want to be a leader, like to look good...I deserve to get my shit stolen? I bet you and the rest of the hating fuckers in this thread pop cheap champagne bottles whenever there's news of something foul happening to someone of success.

You're right, karma had nothing to do with it. You were stupid to leave your cloths unattended with a homeless person.

so_awes

Banned
NintendosBooger said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3KUEkxkbKc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3KUEkxkbKc :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

"don't you go dying on me" = "don't you go stealing my clothes" :lol :lol :lol

NintendosBooger said:

You're acting like an asshole. Just don't bother posting in your shitty thread again.

NintendosBooger said:
Because I behave a certain way, have high goals, want to be a leader, like to look good...I deserve to get my shit stolen?

You're right, of course. You're a shining beacon for GAF's unwashed masses to aspire to. Everyone is jealous because a homeless guy wouldn't even want their clothes.

-COOLIO- said:
unless he whipped the 50 cents at the homeless dudes face and said "watch my fucking clothes" i dont see it being that bad. the dude got 50 cents, which is probably more than other people doing their laundry would give to a scary, camping, homeless dude.
True enough, but a good act can be negated if one isn't really doing it out of goodness. The OP, perchance, could have just been doing it to prove that he has money to spare on a poor downtrodden urchin, in which case, the tone of the gesture turns the act from charity to insult.

Now, that's not an accusation, it is just an example. I've been just has hard on the OP as anyone else in this thread. And I highly doubt that even if it came off that way, he meant it that. I'm certain he meant it as a nice gesture.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
NintendosBooger said:

You're a snob/prick.

You only care about yourself.

You look down on people(coworkers and this homeless guy) less "successful" (I quote because from your history your job isn't that great.) than you.

Here's a quote for you about your "traits" since you like to pop them out to defend yourself:

"A person’s pursuit of goodness leads to greatness, but the pursuit of greatness leads to ruin. Pursue goodness and you will achieve great things."

Oh shit, it's that guy?

2j437kl.jpg

NintendosBooger said:

:lol So you have vintage wines shipped from Itally racked up in the wine cellar of your million dollar home bedroom closet of your apartment?

Were you by any chance sipping on a glass of that same expensive wine while your butler you were suppossed to be watching your Armani suits in your guest house a public laundry facility?

jorma

is now taking requests
NintendosBooger said:

Oh lol. I don't really see the thread turning in your favour anytime soon :p

Also, i think you have some pretty flawed ideas of what a leader is. Leaders don't go around being dicks to people. Thats what a boss do (when the boss isn't really a leader). I guess what you really want is to become boss over someone? Natural leaders don't tend to alienate everyone in their surroundings.

And the dumb/dumber clip is so appropriate it's not even funny.

fake edit: No my bad - it IS funny!

Dark Octave said:
:lol So you have vintage wines shipped from Itally racked up in the wine cellar of your million dollar home bedroom closet of your apartment?

Were you by any chance sipping on a glass of that same expensive wine while your butler you were suppossed to be watching your Armani suits in your guest house a public laundry facility?

Bravo, good sir. :lol :lol :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
From the cheating a drug test thread a week or so ago...

[quote="NintendosBooger]
In my professional experience, I could list a few pleasures greater than waiting in a urinalysis lobby surrounded by underachievers and ghoulish juveniles, knowing full well of their likely fate.
[/quote]

Like I said above... you're a horrible judgmental person. You look down upon anyone/everyone less successful and are in love your yourself.

We enjoy seeing people like you get owned.

Sullen

You made an asshole joke toward a homeless guy, tossed him some change (even more insulting the way you did it) No wonder he stole your fucking clothes, you sound like a fucking douchebag.

DeathNote said:
From the cheating a drug test thread a week or so ago...

Like I said above... you're a horrible judgmental person. You look down upon anyone less successful and are in love your yourself.

We enjoy seeing people like you get owned.

Jesus Christ. What a sad, sad, person. I hope he stays away from this board for good.

Syph

Neo Member
Dark Octave said:

Oh my god :lol :lol :lol

Dark Octave said:

I love this place. A guy showcasing thousands of dollars worth of video games, systems and accessories gets embraced but God Forbid someone else decides to allocate the same resources into other things and talks about them. "I HEREBY DUB THEE A SNOB!"

Blader

NintendosBooger said:

You're a douchebag, so the universe will try to knock you down a peg.

Karma.

Nore

Banned
NintendosBooger said:
I love this place. A guy showcasing thousands of dollars worth of video games, systems and accessories gets embraced but God Forbid someone else decides to allocate the same resources into other things and talks about them. "I HEREBY DUB THEE A SNOB!"

It's not the money you spend on clothes, it's how you describe those around you who don't adhere to your fucked up standards.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
NintendosBooger said:
For the 100th time.... it's your character/personality.

NintendosBooger said:

We don't dislike you buying expensive clothing. It's your shitty, arrogant, "holier-than-thou" attitude.

NintendosBooger said:

Underdeveloped, emotionally stunted manchildren with a basement view > j00

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
you guys just don't know the DC area, every power player rents an apartment and does their own laundry in a public facility.

Nolan.

Anyway, I had extra quarters in my pocket, so I handed the drunken animal $.50 and jokingly told him that I was paying him to watch my clothes. I should have suspected something was wrong when he didn’t laugh at that, but I left the laundry room area and the vagrant in there.

I'm sure anyone in that position would find your joke hilarious. Plus I bet your delivery wasn't even that obiously indicative of a joke. Or at least he probably didn't feel it was so he stole it out of spite!.

NintendosBooger said:
Dude, we don't care what you buy. It's how you act to other people that's worrisome.

NintendosBooger said:
Do yourself a favor and just STOP posting. Every time I think "this guy can't get anymore unlikeable" you spew more stupid and uppity shit.

Dick.

Bulla564

Banned
What a dilemma...

An idiot snob comes in and mocks me by giving me $0.50 that are not worth SHIT to make sure some random homeless person doesn't steal all these clothes he is putting in the washer, while he is away...

What an idiotic douche... /random homeless person

Chamber

love on your sleeve
VeritasVierge said:
Do yourself a favor and just STOP posting. Every time I think "this guy can't get anymore unlikeable" you spew more stupid and uppity shit.

Dick.
I agree with and support this post 100%.

Christopher

NintendosBooger said:
OH, OH I CAN'T BREATHE! WTF? Are you slow? Who puts suits in a goddamn washer? You ever wear a suit before, McFly? I listed what was taken --- tshirts, socks, a sweater, boxers, etc.

I take expensive garments to the dry cleaners, but you wouldn't know anything about that because all of your Target outfits get handwashed in the kitchen sink.

Oh now you're just being a catty bitch.

If there is such a thing as karma, shouldn't everyone laughing at this tragedy get their clothes stolen too? I guess that would be too simple even for yin yang physics but I'd love to see a thousand hobos lurking this thread (hai guyz!).

OP could get off his high horse for once and blows it, again.

Nore

Banned
How do we know for sure it was the homeless guy who took the clothing? Some other douche who lives in NB's building could have just as easily done it. NB is just accusing him because he looks "dirty" and "unkempt."

edit: I hope this homeless guy was the Ghost of Christmas past or something to teach you how to be nicer to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom