• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A homeless guy stole my clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
NintendosBooger said:
Excuse me peasant children, have you seen my alma mater sweatshirt?
No, you say??!
*sigh*
Oh well, here's $0.50 anyway... Go sit on the floor or something, just get FAR AWAY from me and my designer suit.

NintendosBoogerSnobAv.jpg

:lol

Without reading the OP or the the comments which followed, I'd just like to say that the title of this thread is kind of beautiful. Not just in an ironic/poetic justice sense, but just in the way in which we all look at life and say "what the fuck."

SUPREME1

Banned
*clothes thief looks for clothes in empty laundy mat, with no luck*

*snob walks in, insults him with crude joke and $0.50, leaves clothes unattended*

*PROFIT*

jax (old)

Banned
LOL. you insulted the bum with fifty cents and you expected less? LOL.

I'd walk out if I saw a bum in my laundromat (private home laundry ftw though)

I bet the OP rides a horse drawn carriage to work everyday and has people lay out a red carpet for him. And he likes to be called Duke Booger of Cunningham.

... well doesn't look like he's going to come back and learn anything so....

heliosRAzi said:
I bet the OP rides a horse drawn carriage to work everyday and has people lay out a red carpet for him. And he likes to be called Duke Booger of Cunningham.

Really? I thought he'd go with a richshaw and a green carpet.

KHarvey16

If only he had complied with casual Friday, Bob the homeless guy who lives in laundromats would still have a job and a home.

The OP definitely comes off as a dick, but some of you guys aren't much better. Mocking the OP for leaving his clothes in a washer with a homeless man in the room? Cause all homeless people are automatically thieves, right?

rainking187 said:
The OP definitely comes off as a dick, but some of you guys aren't much better. Mocking the OP for leaving his clothes in a washer with a homeless man in the room? Cause all homeless people are automatically thieves, right?

It is a bit hypocritical for people to condem the OP for making generalisations about homeless people, at the same time calling him an idiot because said homeless person would obviously steal his clothing.

At the same time he made an insensitive gesture which gave the homeless man every incentive to take the clothing and run. If he'd been polite and minded his own business he'd probably have both his clothing and money.

rainking187 said:

You shouldn't leave your belongings unattended

C.Dark.DN

Banned
rainking187 said:
So what you can't see can't hurt you right? Little naive don't you think? It's public access. Anyone can come in and out. As heliosRAzi said, you shouldn't leave your belongings unattended.

Also, it's clearly about him leaving it in front of a homeless man AFTER insulting him.

DeathNote said:
So what you can't see can't hurt you right? Little naive don't you think? It's public access. Anyone can come in and out. As heliosRAzi said, you shouldn't leave your belongings unattended.

Also, it's clearly about him leaving it in front of a homeless man AFTER insulting him.

First off, "What you can't see can't hurt you" doesn't even make sense in this context. And it's not really about insulting him then leaving the stuff, as there are people responding to his decision to leave it in front of a homeless man as "his first mistake". And perhaps it is naive, but I lived in an apartment building for a couple of years, and don't recall anyone going into the laundry room to steal my wet shit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
rainking187 said:
First off, "What you can't see can't hurt you" doesn't even make sense in this context. And it's not really about insulting him then leaving the stuff, as there are people responding to his decision to leave it in front of a homeless man as "his first mistake". And perhaps it is naive, but I lived in an apartment building for a couple of years, and don't recall anyone going into the laundry room to steal my wet shit.
Read his posts in this thread. That's all I have to say to you. When you do, you'll realize why it backfired.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
NintendosBooger said:
Anyway, I had extra quarters in my pocket, so I handed the drunken animal $.50 and jokingly told him that I was paying him to watch my clothes.

I know I am super LTTP on this. but you are lucky he took your clothes. I would have taken them out, set them on the floor, and taken a fat steamy dump on them before returning them to a washing machine.
not to finish washing them either

yuna55

After just working 13 hours straight at the office (an actual way to impress your bosses) with a sore throat & limited voice , I kinda just want to cry reading this thread. It hurts every time I try to laugh, and nothing else for the rest of my life will ever be this fucking funny. :lol I'm going to sue this thread!

What if the apt complex actually ran the guy off just to suck NintendosBooger's cock just how he likes, but soon realized that he left his clothes in the machine like a fucking jackass, so they took it instead. And that's why they thought it was so fucking funny when OP called them back up bitching that some dirty bum took his clothes. :lol

And I don't know if I've ever heard a grown man (lol, yea I know) use the term "tank top." You know where you got that shirt, but it sure as hell wasn't the Men's Department.

5 pages on NintendosBoogers clothes stolen. :lol

This thread delivers. Mainly because it is mocking him for giving a bum 50 cents.:lol

btkadams

i wonder what thread he'll make next week? let's ponder..

"i got fired"
"i got assaulted"
"i am so depressed"

he just is getting no luck on GAF or recently in life.

yuna55

btkadams said:

"i got fired"
"i got assaulted"
"i am so depressed"

"I tossed 50 cents to my waitress and joked, 'I'm paying you not to spit in my food,' and she took a shit in it instead! Can I sue a completely unrelated party? Because I already hilariously threatened to."

btkadams

lennedsay said:
"I tossed 50 cents to my waitress and joked, 'I'm paying you not to spit in my food,' and she took a shit in it instead! Can I sue a completely unrelated party? Because I already hilariously threatened to."
:lol :lol

next week cant come soon enough

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
btkadams said:

"i got fired"
"i got assaulted"
"i am so depressed"

His day's a comin'. He'll be the one laughing from the slopes of Vail while he hobnobs slobknobs with executives.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
btkadams said:

"i got fired"
"i got assaulted"
"i am so depressed"

GAF, I'm in jail.

yuna55

btkadams said:
:lol :lol

next week cant come soon enough

Wish I could guarantee it, but I'm quitting my part-time serving job next week. :lol

I'm sure some poor waitress will pick up my slack and poop in his food. Team Players ftw!

OP did you get fired from your job yet? I'm interviewing & hiring hella people at my main job, or I can put in a good word for you at the restaurant! You seem like such a "People Person!"

Rewrite said:
Read his posts in this thread. That's all I have to say to you. When you do, you'll realize why it backfired.

I wasn't defending the OP, I was responding to the people that made it seem like the homeless guy was going to steal the guys clothes regardless. It would be understandable fucking with the guys clothes after he insulted you, but assuming the guy was going to steal the clothes the whole time just because he was homeless is fucked up.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
rainking187 said:
I wasn't defending the OP, I was responding to the people that made it seem like the homeless guy was going to steal the guys clothes regardless. It would be understandable fucking with the guys clothes after he insulted you, but assuming the guy was going to steal the clothes the whole time just because he was homeless is fucked up.

If that's fucked up, then what's calling a homeless person a "drunken animal", "piece of shit", "trifling goon", etc.

Mind you, this "unkempt stranger" even "apologized for his intruding presence" when NintendosBooger entered the room.

EDIT: I don't care who was in the room. It could have been Bill Gates. Never leave your crap around with strangers. That's what people in this thread are saying. They aren't saying "DON'T LEAVE YOUR STUFF AROUND FOR THE HOMELESS TO STEAL."

jorma

is now taking requests
ToxicAdam said:
Dude, you are the new king of Thread Backfires.

Crown him!

Maybe it was a nobrainer, but i still think it's a little impressive how early you called this one! :)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
rainking187 said:
That's just not trusting anyone you don't know with your stuff. Doesn't have to be a homeless dude.

Mr. Sam

suffah said:
EDIT: I don't care who was in the room. It could have been Bill Gates. Never leave your crap around with strangers. That's what people in this thread are saying. They aren't saying "DON'T LEAVE YOUR STUFF AROUND FOR THE HOMELESS TO STEAL."

The thought of Bill Gates stealing clothes is funny though.

jorma

is now taking requests
Mr. Sam said:
The thought of Bill Gates stealing clothes is funny though.

I'm pretty sure Nintendosbooger would sing a different tune if he found Bill Gates in the laundryroom. Instead of being a dick he would likely be offering to suck dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom