• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

mcz117chief

Ok so I am about to unlock Fenrir, my favourite plane from Ace Combat X and I find out that it costs almost 5 mils to unlock...
PopjzVY.gif

cj_iwakura

What is your matching rate? What planes are you using, and what level? Even people around 1500 matching rate have high level and high tier planes nowadays.

With a few levels and the right parts a multirole or attacker could also be decently fast. Despite being fast you are in a severe disadvantage when fighting ground targets at least until around level 7 or 8 I'd guess. I'm not saying to stop using the Typhoon, but unless it's a map like Moscow or second phase of Weapons Base Assault where there are lots of air targets for you to go after you will find yourself getting outscored by players with planes that are more suitable for A2G.

How are you supposed to take out the targets without lock-on? UGBs I assume?

Also, I'm at Mission 10 of AC6. Loved the last mission. Is any of Infinity's content from 6? Tokyo seems like it could be.

You can dumb-shoot missiles at targets (missiles will just fly straight), this is only really effective if the target is large enough to be hit by the missile. This works especially well on Stonehenge's jammers as they're large structures and you can easily hit them.

Machine Guns, UGB and TLS can also hit targets well without lock on. It just requires good aiming. A good tactic I use in my Morgan is to fire TLS, and then fire missiles and gun at the same time, you'll be doing consistent damage to whatever you're facing directly.

Aquila

So many comments for once. Quite a spectacle.
Also, I'm at Mission 10 of AC6. Loved the last mission. Is any of Infinity's content from 6? Tokyo seems like it could be.
AC6 lends Butterfly Master's CFA-44, Aigaion fleet, and the mission maps of Moby Dick 1/Selumna Peak, Pipeline Destruction/Anea Landing, and Alps Air Corridor/Bartolomeo Fortress.

Tokyo, Moscow, Dubai, Weapons Base, and Adriatic Sea(?) are from Assault Horizon.
Why do they think six minutes is enough for Stonehenge?
Aerocrane already explained better than I could've, but if it's any consolation, somebody would have blown up the last railgun early and ruined the run anyway. A Fighter can be useful on Black Ring and maybe Gold Ring, but well-modded Multiroles are better for the last ditch air defense.

GPB sucks so much. The matchmaking sucks there should an option where it can restrict the room based on the aircraft cost.

They should've implemented that ages ago. It's hard for new players getting into the game with their F-4E that can barely do anything plus it's difficult to do challenges with Lv.1 aircraft when everyone was running around with high level F-15S/MTDs and the like.

Yep, I used to place in the top 2 in my squadron but now my level 4 (I think) F/A-18F just doesn't cut it. I am a bottom feeder with my ~1580 rank, lol. Even with LASM's equipped the other planes are so much faster than I am they can hit targets with regular missiles. On the other hand, grouping all together allows for more full rooms.

I recently redownloaded the game onto my PS3. Tried one match. The other players were head and shoulders above me, both in terms of planes and rank.

I could barely keep up. My team mate was very angry with me.

Not going back.

At this point you should just host your own lobbies and kick any high match rates that you don't know. A yellow or even orange host ping will handle a 4-6 person lobby with bots. Low match rates who have played continuously since launch can afford F-22's, X-02's, and even R-101's at this point so you just have to outfly them the best you can. If you're below 1st Lt I think, your lobby can be made to only be visible to fellow lower ranks with lower tier aircraft.

Easy S ranks, credits, and research can be had on Aerospace, Pipeline, Dubai, and B7R if a lobby has good teamwork, bots, and spawns. Tokyo is easy too but Red F-22's can waste time spawning late. Alps is too spread out while Moscow, Avalon, and Weapons Base have too many targets. Adriatic Sea is good but Butterfly Master, F-22/T-50 squad, or Scinfaxi can spawn during the emergency update and ruin time. Avoid Hard missions.

Ok so I am about to unlock Fenrir, my favourite plane from Ace Combat X and I find out that it costs almost 5 mils to unlock...
Check out the X-49's price tag. XFA-27 -Scarface 1- is even more hilarious.

mcz117chief

Check out the X-49's price tag. XFA-27 -Scarface 1- is even more hilarious.

x-49: 7,989,940
giphy.gif

What THE FU** is this shit. How can you even amass such a murderous amount of credits ? You would have to constantly play level III emergency missions, use 3 fuel and get an S to make so much credits in any reasonable time frame. I have no problem with upgrade costs being high but 5 mils for Fenrir and 8 mils for X-49 just to unlock them is just retarder.

XFA-27 Scarface 1: 3,040
lel

Aerocrane

UGBs can work although I think they don't do all that much damage to the jammers without levels or parts. Leveling up SWPs is slow and expensive, so it's probably not worth it. I'm just using my plane's machine guns on the jammers, but then again I'm probably too used to the attackers having way more gun ammo than other types of planes. I usually slow way down to destroy the jamming towers at the start, which does also mean that sometimes I get shot down by railgun fire or the AA and SAM sites below.

What THE FU** is this shit. How can you even amass such a murderous amount of credits ? You would have to constantly play level III emergency missions, use 3 fuel and get an S to make so much credits in any reasonable time frame. I have no problem with upgrade costs being high but 5 mils for Fenrir and 8 mils for X-49 just to unlock them is just retarder.

lel

Any new planes that get high cst (aka everything except MiG-31B) also get ridiculously high prices. Clearly there are some whales who will go for these hangar queens just to have them. The XFA-27 -Scarface 1-'s price scales up really fast. Leveling it up from Lv. 5 to Lv. 6 costs 18,835,600 credits. Leveling the plane all the way to Lv. 10 costs 87,862,000 total.

If you want to see the costs of the incredibly high cost planes as they are being discovered, check out everyone's favourite whale tanakaichirousan's twitter https://twitter.com/jimakusuper

mcz117chief

Any new planes that get high cst (aka everything except MiG-31B) also get ridiculously high prices. Clearly there are some whales who will go for these hangar queens just to have them. The XFA-27 -Scarface 1-'s price scales up really fast. Leveling it up from Lv. 5 to Lv. 6 costs 18,835,600 credits. Leveling the plane all the way to Lv. 10 costs 87,862,000 total.

Atleast you can actually unlock the damn plane, which is not something I can say for the Fenrir. But **** that, I am still going to unlock Fenrir, even if it costs me my liver !

cj_iwakura

So many comments for once. Quite a spectacle.

AC6 lends Butterfly Master's CFA-44, Aigaion fleet, and the mission maps of Moby Dick 1/Selumna Peak, Pipeline Destruction/Anea Landing, and Alps Air Corridor/Bartolomeo Fortress.

Ah, I guess Tokyo reminded me of Gracemeria. Beautiful city, too.

The drone mission would be pretty insane for Infinity.

giphy.gif

lel

I have 6 million credits currently but that's only because I don't spend them unless I really have to.

If you have no research ongoing you can gain credits very quickly and combined with forced sorties and mercenary contracts you can gain 100k+ credits a mission. I'd love to do it more often but I don't buy any fuel, I can only really do it once every couple of months or so.

mcz117chief

All right, I went balls to the wall with my fuel and I am getting close to start researching the Fenrir so I just need to amass the necessary credits to unlock it.

I actually got pretty lucky today and unlocked the Osean Falken :)

All right, I went balls to the wall with my fuel and I am getting close to start researching the Fenrir so I just need to amass the necessary credits to unlock it.

I actually got pretty lucky today and unlocked the Osean Falken :)

Unless you've got another 4 million credits lying around, that's staying at Level 1. :/

I was looking forward to getting it as well as I missed out on the ZOE skin.

mcz117chief

Unless you've got another 4 million credits lying around, that's staying at Level 1. :/

I was looking forward to getting it as well as I missed out on the ZOE skin.

But as I said many times already, I can at least unlock it and play it ! It costs about 1500 to unlock and even at lvl 1 it is an awesome plane.

Aquila

Anybody playing a marathon today for the last few hours of the Mobius tourney? Top 300 is way too far out of reach but I plan to be online all afternoon depleting my stock fuel for top 1000.

What aircraft are you going to use your special aircraft upgrade forms on? I love my Yellow but it is going to be even more common in two days. Kind of wish I had tried for a Rena or Scarface Flanker and at least have gotten a broken 6aam whalebird out of the deal.

cj_iwakura

I'm just exploiting the six fuel gifting as much as I can.

Also, there's a good community at /vg, surprisingly. Lots of good advice(and they love the PS2 Trinity, so there's that).

The general consensus seems to be that emergency missions are a LOT rarer during this period, and I agree. Haven't seen a single one all weekend.

Is the Taurus any good? I happened to get one.

And I saw a player with the Razgriz emblem, causing The Unsung War to play during the results. I need that.

It'd be nice if they had some AC0 emblems that make Zero play.

Aerocrane

New set of items now available in the Special Supply Items Catalogue.

Planes:
F-2A -Nagase-
X-29A -Cancer-

Emblems:
XEVIOUS #1-10

Nicknames:
Solvalou

I missed out on the XEVIOUS event last summer, I'm glad the emblems are back.

Aquila

Ugh, get Stonehenge IV and some idiot blows his load with 30 seconds to go... A rank. I think my top 1000 is secure but I'm staying up for another half hour. I'll pay the price at work a few hours later.

Welp, CFA-44 -Strigon Leader- is June's special aircraft drop.

850 cst Multirole, 38 body, 36 arms, 37 misc
Speed C+
Mobility C+
Stability C+
Atk Air B+
Atk Grn C+
Defense D

ADMM, EML, and ECM are its special weapons.

Aerocrane

I'll get the ISAF nickname from this tournament at least :p My rank is around 26k, wasn't able to play almost at all. Got to take advantage of the increased amount of supplied fuel twice though.

Did a couple sorties in my Lv. 5 F-4G and certainly proved that having high tier aircraft doesn't mean you've got any skills. Got about 60k points on WBA, 3rd in a 8-player lobby.

Managed to get a level 2 stonehenge sortie just before the event ended. It pushed me to what looked like rank 2992. I just hope it stays.

I don't care what happens. I'm getting that CFA-44

Aerocrane

Managed to get a level 2 stonehenge sortie just before the event ended. It pushed me to what looked like rank 2992. I just hope it stays.

I don't care what happens. I'm getting that CFA-44

Well the CFA-44 is here now! CFA-44 -Strigon Leader- and Rafale M Event Skin #01 are June special drops.

CFA-44 -Strigon Leader-
Class: Multirole
Cst: 850

Lv. 1 stats:
Speed: C+
Mobility: C+
Stability: C+
ATK DMG (AIR): B+
ATK DMG (GROUND): C
Defense: D

Parts:
Body 38
Arms 36
Misc 37

Weapons & Ammo:
ADMM (All Direction Multi-Purpose Missile), EML (Electromagnetic Launcher) & ECM as SWP.
520 gun ammo and 126 missiles at Lv. 1

"Mercenary King Tournament" returns soon.

Hearing people saying that that CFA-44 is ~4.5 million credits to Lv.2. I still want it for the nice colour and interesting special weapons though even if I only keep it at Lv.1.

The Nagase F-2 is so pretty to look at. The light reflects off of it in just the right way.

Hearing people saying that that CFA-44 is ~4.5 million credits to Lv.2. I still want it for the nice colour and interesting special weapons though even if I only keep it at Lv.1.

I'm with you. There. If it costs that much to upgrade I'll never use it, but I'll enjoy looking at it at least.

Aquila

So I burnt around 200 stocked fuel reaching rank 762 in the Mobius tournament. I got the emblem which was all I really wanted, right? I was only 457 ranking points higher than Mobius aircraft lottery winner rank 765. I just have no words. If I had just 2x burned on my last sortie, I'd probably have a beautiful F-22 to level up. Oh well, still happy to have my emblem.

Aaaaand of course I get kicked from a special raid mission for no reason. :/ was my MR too high for high? Did he not like that I used a Haruka F-22? Tune in for the next episode of ACE COMBAT INFINITY, where kicks fly everywhere! >.>

Aerocrane

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm having trouble finding rooms playing Moscow Battle. I need 3 more S-ranks on Moscow for part 6 of the special aircraft lv. cap form challenge.

EDIT: Joined two rooms that were set to Moscow Battle. Both were on Moby Dick Pursuit II. Both rooms were closed after completing the Special Raid. At least I got some credits and research thanks to forced sorties, but still no Moscow Battle.

Aquila

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm having trouble finding rooms playing Moscow Battle. I need 3 more S-ranks on Moscow for part 6 of the special aircraft lv. cap form challenge.

EDIT: Joined two rooms that were set to Moscow Battle. Both were on Moby Dick Pursuit II. Both rooms were closed after completing the Special Raid. At least I got some credits and research thanks to forced sorties, but still no Moscow Battle.

I'd help you but judging by our post times we play at totally opposite times of day. Moscow is a well-known whale preserve now; I'll sometimes have to wait 20 minutes for my rooms on any map.

Good luck with the GPB challenge. That should be a nice exercise in frustration.

Aerocrane

I'd help you but judging by our post times we play at totally opposite times of day. Moscow is a well-known whale preserve now; I'll sometimes have to wait 20 minutes for my rooms on any map.

Good luck with the GPB challenge. That should be a nice exercise in frustration.

I got it done with some 2000 MR folk. I have no idea how to use the GPB well because of the pitiful blast radius.

EDIT: Why would you fly a 1900 cst multirole on WBA with A2G SPW when all you are going to do is steal my aircraft kills when I fly a fighter? That would've been an easy S-rank if all of the other players actually attacked the ground targets instead of going for the SP aircrafts.

cj_iwakura

If I'm having dreams about The Unsung War, it must be a sign that I should step away from Infinity. :p

A bunch of new emblems are drops now, so there's that. Hit me with that Valde Razgriz.

Aerocrane

It seems Mr. Kono is travelling to Los Angeles with an Oculus. VR Ace Combat to be announced at E3?

11324242_855387517863444_677500095_n.jpg

チョット急遽、機内持ち込みサイズの鞄が必要で『グローブトロッター』を買いました。1回しか使わないのに高いっ! - https://instagram.com/p/31gwx2jBCd/

Aerocrane

Where is Ace Combat?!

Dead.

Supposedly Namco have some unannounced game being shown at noon today, so that has a chance of being Ace Combat.

Then again, the series 20th anniversary on consoles is approaching, maybe there's going to be a reveal or teaser at the end of this month.

Summer Lesson was shown at E3, I guess Mr. Kono is part of the team working on that.

Aerocrane

Kinda random, but I'll take it

Another Namco series anniversary, another collaboration event :p
Would've been nice to do some color schemes.

(Topical: a rainbow plane would be something else.)

Well, Mirage 2000-5 -Yayoi- features Don and Kat on the wings.
003342.jpg

(That's a picture of the Assault Horizon skin, but Don and Kat are on the Infinity SP aircraft too.)

10423778_977247168972403_7575041160985234864_n.png

"Ace Combat 20th Anniversary Event" ranking tournament is now on!
From 30th of June until 14th of July

Rewards:

Planes:
F-22A -Reaper- (rank 200 or better)
MiG-21bis -Viper- (rank 1000 or better)
Typhoon -Omega- (rank 5000 or better)

Emblems:
Reaper Squadron (rank 1000 or better)
ACE COMBAT 20th Anniversary (rank 100000 or better)

Nicknames:
Infinity (top 20 only)
Grim Reaper's Scythe (rank 200 or better)
Flying On The Fly (rank 5000 or better)
ACE COMBAT 20th Anniversary (rank 100000 or better)

Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form:
Three for top 20, one for ranks 21-3000.

Lucky numbers: 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 765, 800, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 7650, 8000, 9000, 10000
Reward: F-22A -Reaper-

Lucky numbers: 1020, 2020, 3020, 4020, 5020, 6020, 7020, 8020, 9020, 10020
Reward: Reaper Squadron (Emblem)

With it being Ace Combat's 20th anniversary, series producer Kazutoki Kono has prepared a message that can be viewed in the notification section.

【ACE COMBAT's 20th Anniversary - A message from Kazutoki Kono (Producer)】
To all Ace pilots,
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the ACE COMBAT series.
Last month, I had the opportunity to write a message about ACE COMBAT INFINITY's 1st anniversary.
However, today is another special day for the ACE COMBAT series and once again on behalf of the PROJECT ACES team,
I would like to thank you for playing our games and for your continued support of the series.
Maintaining a series for 20 years is a major accomplishment. However, this isn't due to the efforts of the team creating games in the series.
I believe that this accomplishment was achieved through your appreciation and support of the series.
I am humbled to be able to express my gratitude to all of you via the "community" within "ACE COMBAT INFINITY".
We will continue to expand the ACE COMBAT series, so your continued support and encouragement will be deeply appreciated.
Please find an in-game notification and an attached "Lv. Cap Increase Request Form" as a token of our appreciation.
"We must let time shed light on the future. In the meantime, ACE COMBAT has already begun to head down a new path."
"And this path shall go on, as long as the players that have supported the series remain by our side."
ACE COMBAT Series Producer
Kazutoki Kono

Attached to this notification are a Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form and a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form (Lv.5 > Lv.6).

R-101 -Neucom- and F-15E Event Skin #02 are June's limited drops.

The R-101 -Neucom-'s initial purchase cost is 3040 credits.

R-101 -Neucom- (Fighter)
Cst: 850

Stats at Lv.1
Speed: A
Mobility: B
Stability: D+
ATK DMG (Air): A
ATK DMG (Ground); D+
Defense: D+

Slots at Lv.1
Body 30
Arms 28
Misc 29

Weapons and ammo at Lv.1:
Gun: 520
Msl: 126
HCAA: 26
LAAM: --
4AAM: --

Maximum number of supplied fuel will be increased to six from 6th of July until the 14th.

11010984_977247345639052_1437652530557464646_n.png

F-4E -20th Anniversary- is available as a reward from a special challenge which requires you to sortie 20 times while the challenge is active.

Special skins based on (or taken from?) the original Ace Combat are available through challenges for the following planes:
F-4E
F-16C
F-14A
F-15C
Su-33
Typhoon
YF-23
F-22A

Aquila

Infinity Update 10

Be sure to watch the end, haha.

J35J Draken!, Su-27 Flanker-B!, Mig-1.44 Flatpack!, GAF-01 Varcolac!?!...

Aerospace Center Defense (Hard), Pilot Aptitude Test special raid (ie: tutorial mission with ring targets), Solg IV Gould.

Upcoming F-5E -Wardog- after the upcoming retro F-16C -PJ- NTDM.

cj_iwakura

Funny how I keep running into AC6 bosses after I saw them in 6, heh. I ran into the giant battleships for the first time.

To hell with Stonehenge. They could give you 20 minutes and it wouldn't be enough.

Top Bottom