• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 2 playable in Paris @ MGS 2007 (new pics post #216)

Advance Wars without the cartoony design? What the hell? This is like finding out that a new Parasite Eve game is coming, but only for cell phones!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I AM JOHN! said:
Advance Wars without the cartoony design? What the hell? This is like finding out that a new Parasite Eve game is coming, but only for cell phones!

Except you know this game will actually be good

Amir0x

Banned
The new Advance Wars game could be given the Sesame Street license, and as long as it maintained the strategic awesome of the rest of the franchise I'd gladly take my Big Bird unit to Cookie Monster's Chocolate Chip Castle Country and fuck shit up.

AniHawk

I just worry if it's going to be in awesome 2D or shitty IntSys 3D. IntSys makes excellent games, but they can't do 3D to save their lives.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Even if they could do 3D to save their lives, DS can't do 3D to save its life... so 2D only please.

True. A 3D IntSys DS game would be a double-whammy. It would collapse in on itself in such an alarming rate, not even light would be able to escape its gravitational pull.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haha, I was about to post that BATTALION WARS != ADVANCE WARS bitches, but then I read the actual OP.

Something of a surprise, though not an unpleasant one. That said, I could have hoped for a DS FE before a second DS AW. But I wouldn't turn down an absolutely delicious orange just because I'd rather an absolutely delicious apple!

Jiggy

Even if it was IS DS 3D, which it should never, at least it would still be more attractive than Battalion Wars by virtue of character design and being an actual quality game. Mostly the latter.

Amir0x

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Even if it was IS DS 3D, which it should never, at least it would still be more attractive than Battalion Wars by virtue of character design and being an actual quality game. Mostly the latter.

not like you'd be able to decipher the character designs beneath the army of 3 polygon pixel monsters parading around the map

Mejilan

Amir0x said:
bad analogy, Mejilan, everyone knows oranges are way fucking better than apples.

This is actually very true, as far as FE is concerned, and oranges. But apples can still be awesome! :D

Jiggy

Amir0x said:
not like you'd be able to decipher the character designs beneath the army of 3 polygon pixel monsters parading around the map
Not knowing what I'm looking at is better than looking at Battalion Wars.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Not knowing what I'm looking at is better than looking at Battalion Wars.
Oh shit!

Anyway let it be said that, at the very least, that is a pretty sweet title screen.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
camineet said:
so this is basicly Advance Wars Dual Strike 2 ?

ahh and Hudson what about a new Military Madness / Nectaris?

Yes

and Hudson hasn't made a Miltary Madness/Nectaris since Nectaris for PSX. I doubt we will be getting a new one anytime soon

Mejilan

I thought there was a Nectaris for PSP announced WAY back when, which then became vaporware (like Landstalker remake dammit!)

AniHawk said:
I just worry if it's going to be in awesome 2D or shitty IntSys 3D. IntSys makes excellent games, but they can't do 3D to save their lives.
I doubt IS is willing to put the work in to overhauling the graphics for this game.

camineet

Banned
Mejilan said:
I thought there was a Nectaris for PSP announced WAY back when, which then became vaporware (like Landstalker remake dammit!)

yeah I read about that too. I've been holding out alot of hope for Nectaris on PSP since it was actually announced (or half heartedly announced)... and even a glimmer of hope for a yet-to-be-announced Nectaris for DS and even Wii. imagine DS><Wii connectivity, both wirelessly and worldwide WiFi.

grandjedi6 said:

cool.

and Hudson hasn't made a Miltary Madness/Nectaris since Nectaris for PSX. I doubt we will be getting a new one anytime soon

*sobs*

NPC

Oh no... this is bad - baaaaaaaaaad.
I liked the original artwork and characters. This is crap, crap I say!
I'll get over it(if it's good enough). :D
I will miss it though...

zsidane

ethelred said:
I'm also surprised they had this playable outside of Japan. Was it translated? We could be looking at an early 08 worldwide release.
AW has never been big in Japan.
Add to that that the first two AW on GBA were released on a single cartridge (well after being released in US/PAL), and they still didn't moved decent numbers of copies.

ethelred

zsidane said:
AW has never been big in Japan.
Add to that that the first two AW on GBA were released on a single cartridge (well after being released in US/PAL), and they still didn't moved decent numbers of copies.

ASH is not Advance Wars.

Sad_Panda said:
AW DS 2 did receive a compelte overhaul in terms of design. Gone are Max, Andy and the others, replaced by a whole new crew. IS went with a whole new, more realistic, miltary look, and quite frankly, it seemed like a pretty wise move
Graphically-wise, the look went with the new design, though it looked pretty much the same. New combat animations were pretty low-quality though, blurry and badly animated. Surely that's gonna be fixed by the time it comes out.

What?! I know that deep down its still Advance Wars but the graphics were so clean and nice looking. Ill stick to Advance Wars DS thanks bye.

Ok thats lie but Im still upset.

KINGMOKU

Excellent. I dont care if they went with nintendogs duking it out. Made by the same team=awesome.

I now have over 450hours sunk into AW:DS, and if this one can keep me inthralled for even half that time, it'll be a winner in my book.

The fresh coat of paint is a good thing as well. For those of you, like me who have played the ever lovin' hell out of the last three, you want to see some new faces, and some new things.

BRING IT ON!

guldakot

Amir0x said:
The new Advance Wars game could be given the Sesame Street license, and as long as it maintained the strategic awesome of the rest of the franchise I'd gladly take my Big Bird unit to Cookie Monster's Chocolate Chip Castle Country and fuck shit up.
bbgif.gif

First try at one of these :p

Amir0x

Banned
hehee, it's crude but somehow effective. Probably because you made it with my quote in mind. But also probably because Big Bird shooting a missile is inherently comedic!

guldakot

Amir0x said:
hehee, it's crude but somehow effective. Probably because you made it with my quote in mind. But also probably because Big Bird shooting a missile is inherently comedic!
:D
really rusty will get better for sales charts :)

NotWii

Banned
I don't mind this art change, AW2 and DS had some really dramatic moody artwork for beating chapters

But WTF at the logo, so plain!

And give us game screenshots!

Shiggy

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Nintendo is a big expert in "how to destroy the hype for every possible game". Why didn't they annouce it formally ?

It has been in their European releaselist since E3.

Zeed

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Why NOA didn't say anything at all at E3 ? Is it really possible that NOE know more then NOA ?
Europe seems to be getting a lot of things before NA or things that NA doesn't get at all. Especially on the Virtual Console.

*Glares at Sin & Punishment*

Top Bottom