• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 2 playable in Paris @ MGS 2007 (new pics post #216)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Haunted One said:
You haven't signed an NDA for this footage? So just leak the vid, Stephane. ;)

Yes, and get in the bad side of one of the biggest gaming companies on the planet?

Not worth the trouble.

Dascu

A JeuxFrance blogger who went to the show confirms that there was a WFC logo in the game and thus concludes that the game will have an online mode.

Dascu said:
A JeuxFrance blogger who went to the show confirms that there was a WFC logo in the game and thus concludes that the game will have an online mode.

Well, now it's worth a certain purchase. Hope it turns out to be true.

Dascu

Hcoregamer00 said:
Yes, and get in the bad side of one of the biggest gaming companies on the planet?

Not worth the trouble.
But he could become a proud martyr for NeoGAF. A 1000 virgin consoles in the Afterlife.

Dascu said:
Gets my hopes up, but really doesn't mean shit.

Yoshi's Island DS had the logo up until release. As far as we know, online could simply mean leaderboards.

Sule

ShockingAlberto said:
Gets my hopes up, but really doesn't mean shit.

Yoshi's Island DS had the logo up until release. As far as we know, online could simply mean leaderboards.

Why?

Jiggy

It's too bad they couldn't at least have held on to the old characters one more time so they could be in a finalized, online game, then reboot the series afterward.

Haunted One said:
You haven't signed an NDA for this footage? So just leak the vid, Stephane. ;)
Technically as it shows Nintendo's game which is their copyright they do have ground to go pissy on the video, but with no embargo/NDA, info should be free flowing.

Lee N

Membre
Isn't hinting about stuff you can't talk about bannable on GAF? I'm pretty sure it's in the TOS somewhere.

Saying you know something and that you can't talk about it/show it creates more fuzz than it's worth, and could very well be fake too.

Saitou

Banned
I hope this teaches yo idiots to remain anonymous on the internet so you can leak shit with little
less?
fear.

StephaneC

http://www.jeux-france.com/news22039_advance-wars-2-au-mgs.html

61191020070930_211022_6_big.jpg

61191020070930_211020_1_big.jpg

Zeed

Banned
StephaneC said:
unfortunately it's really impossible

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/61191020070930_211023_9_big.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/61191020070930_211022_8_big.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well at least keep the pictures coming then! :D

I'm digging this new style.

Cool, thanks for the images.

A zoom option? Interesting. And looks like the split screen attack animations are gone, maybe the enemy's animation is on the top screen?

Zeed

Banned
This does look like it's going to be the next-generation iteration of the series we'd expect from a GBA to DS transition. Hell it looks like a complete reboot, come to that. Not to say that AW: DS wasn't great, but it was basically a GBA game.

Lee N said:
Anything ingame? As in no character conversation.
Scroll up.

Namomura

one game you won't see comin : Ninja gaiden on Nintendo DS, the game was also playable at MGS, probably the best 3D game on the console.

Haunted

o_O

These look nice. Much more appealing than the previous character design, imo. If they nail the gameplay again.... oh baby.

Jiggy

Okay, that art style for the characters wouldn't have made me wonder if it was really Advance Wars and have to go back to the menu screen to check. Looks pretty much the same to me except with more detail.
The attack animations might have done it, though, because of the style. But design-wise those tanks and recons look... yeah, basically identical to before. Not that it matters much since I always turn the animations off anyway.

Fears alleviated--they were all due to miscommunication, but actually AW is intact pretty much same as ever. (Albeit with beloved characters gone, though. Hopefully the new ones are as entertaining.)

Hcoregamer00

StephaneC said:
unfortunately it's really impossible

61191020070930_211023_9_big.jpg

61191020070930_211022_8_big.jpg

Hot, I am liking this new advance wars.

Stuff like this is what Nintendo should do more often, use the IP's they have and aim it for an older audience, while still keeping the charm and solid game play.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Looks good but no Sami or Eagle makes me sad =(
What makes me sad is expecting now that if there's an AW character in Smash Bros. it'll be one of these people. I wanted to hear an orchestrated version of Sami's theme, or at least something a bit higher quality. :(

Jiggy37 said:
What makes me sad is expecting now that if there's an AW character in Smash Bros. it'll be one of these people. I wanted to hear an orchestrated version of Sami's theme, or at least something a bit higher quality. :(

Not necassarily, this game will come out too late for that to happen...if AW characters are in it'll definitely be the old ones

Hcoregamer00

Zoramon089 said:
Art style looks like a mix of Hotel Dusk's and the art from Capcom vs SNK

To me it just reminds me of the stuff from Shonen Jump, not that it really matters since there is no "standard manga art style."

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well, that looks niiiiiiice. The battle cutscene looks like it might use a mixture of 2D sprites and 3D environments, which will be pretty cool too. And if it's online enabled, then bitchin'.

Lee N

Membre
Here's hoping it'll be online.

Imagine being able to share and download user created levels, and also play on them online.

Top Bottom