• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Emily Nussbaum of The New Yorker:

CASTLES IN THE AIR
The gorgeous existential funk of “Adventure Time.”

The animated series “Adventure Time,” now entering its sixth season on Cartoon Network, is the kind of cult phenomenon that’s hard to describe without sounding slightly nuts. It’s a post-apocalyptic allegory full of helpful dating tips for teen-agers, or like World of Warcraft as recapped by Carl Jung. It can be enjoyed, at varying levels, by third graders, art historians, and cosplay fans. It’s also the type of show that’s easy to write off as “stoner humor,” which may be why it took me a while to drop the snotty attitude, to open up and admit the truth: “Adventure Time” is one of the most philosophically risky and, often, emotionally affecting shows on TV. It’s beautiful and funny and stupid and smart, in about equal parts, as well as willing to explore uneasy existential questions, like what it means to go on when the story you’re in has ended.

Finally opening up my s3 bd. I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

cackhyena

I'm only just getting around to season 2 on Netflix. Adore it of course, but I'm wondering how come it's that many seasons behind on there?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'm only just getting around to season 2 on Netflix. Adore it of course, but I'm wondering how come it's that many seasons behind on there?
Cartoon Network are behind on home releases too though, so that may affect it a bit. Season 3 just released in the US(?) while here in the UK we only just got the first season dvd late last year.

I'd kill for a boxset of every episode so far.

Tuck

I said this in the other thread but where is the grass sword in that preview?

Three options:
-Something happens before then that sees the sword removed
-Episode takes place prior to the grass sword being obtained
-Episode is not canon.

Likely, its that thrid one - similar to that 3D episode, this one probably is not canon.

This is brilliant. I really this is the one WordAssassin picks.

I try to have the thread titles pertain to things happening in the season they're about, instead of things that happened in the previous season. Also, we don't KNOW that Finn's hand is gonna come off, so I don't want to put that in the thread title, but we do know that his dad is gonna play into it, so I'll take some suggestions on that front if anyone has them since I'm making the thread right now.

zeemumu

I get a little upset every time there's a James episode because I've had problems with believing that people find me mildly annoying and hearing my name used that often is a little weird.

EDIT: I still can't get over your tag, WordAssassin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom