• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom was watching the lemon hope episode with me and noted how very soviet/nazi/etc the lemongrab film reel was. That was probably the darkest part of the whole episode. And I totally thought phlannel boxingday was pb right off. I was really surprised when there was no reveal that he was.

Psxphile

And I totally thought phlannel boxingday was pb right off. I was really surprised when there was no reveal that he was.
This. They pretty much left it for the audience to figure out. Maybe they thought it was obvious enough. Or maybe she'll don the disguise again down the road and for some people, it'd be "holy shit THAT WAS HER!!??!!" reactions out the wazoo.

The rest of us will just sit there and have this smug look on our collective faces.

NEO0MJ

This. They pretty much left it for the audience to figure out. Maybe they thought it was obvious enough. Or maybe she'll don the disguise again down the road and for some people, it'd be "holy shit THAT WAS HER!!??!!" reactions out the wazoo.

The rest of us will just sit there and have this smug look on our collective faces.

It would be really interesting though if he really wasn't a PB disguise. Not to say I expect that, but it would be really funny if the writers decided to toy with their fans.

I just wrote a stupidly large post about Jake's absence like 5-6 up from yours. Whatever the reason it happened almost a year and a half ago.

Edit: Plus, it's not like they wrote the episodes, he was busy, and they went "oh, uhhhmmm" and went back to cut Jake out. The episodes are written and boarded weeks if not months before recording happens.

Tuck

Courtesy of Reddit.

tumblr_n34dj43g8N1rivlyro1_1280.jpg

Synopsis for the "double-sized" April 21st season premiere:

"Wake Up" (Part 2): Finn and Jake must commit a cosmic crime in order to find Finn's father.

"Escape from the Citadel" (Part 3): Finn and Jake follow the Lich to the Citadel, where Finn meets his long lost father.

My frothing demand increases.

MMaRsu

Banned
How's this season been so far? Enough good stuff to justify watching it? I haven't seen the show since forever....

Epcott

So bored at work today.
Nothing to do but draw a little ball point pen sketch while supervisors were away...

erZDxXd.png

Can't wait for Season 6!

#sixseasonsandtwomovies

Odoul

I'm hyped as shit.

Even if AT is famous for having having huge game changing plot twists, then returning to the status quo almost immediately.

I wonder if having Mark Hammil voicing two (antagonstic) characters in the ep means something?

He has played a bastard dad before. Or maybe someone related to him.

Have they had James Earl Jones on AT before? Or Kevin Conroy?

Amir0x

Banned
Ok, I just saw the Lemonhope arc. This show is operating on another tier right now for sure.

1000 years in the future, Finn and Jakes tree is like some magical beanstalk way in the clouds. I wonder what that implies, because that seems like it's thriving but Candy Kingdom seemed fucked.

My mental state right now whilst waiting for Season 6:

dnhilp.gif

Ok, I just saw the Lemonhope arc. This show is operating on another tier right now for sure.

1000 years in the future, Finn and Jakes tree is like some magical beanstalk way in the clouds. I wonder what that implies, because that seems like it's thriving but Candy Kingdom seemed fucked.
Even though there was nothing during that ending to substantiate my impression
of the tree potentially being the root of the Candy Kingdom falling, I was thinking the same thing after that episode reached its conclusion. Life and death seems to have a regular connection with that particular tree, never mind it being a little odd to me that the area surrounding the tree itself is still lush and lively (with sight of the very top hidden of course), opposite of the Candy Kingdom's condition. I doubt we'll ever get a direct answer of what has happened here with it being so far into the future in conjunction with how the show itself rarely holds the viewer's hand, so who knows knows whether that 'mystery' will get resolved eventually.
Season 5 had a knack for throwing around sad or dark developments as it is though, I'll give it credit for that.

Super hyped for the new season. I've sprouted into a huge adventure time fan over the course of season 5. Bring on season 6!

Even though the movie did get canned, I'd be psyched if they eventually did make a full fledged adventure time movie to wrap up the story of the show. Also, it'd be the first big 2d animated movie in a long time.

Super hyped for the new season. I've sprouted into a huge adventure time fan over the course of season 5. Bring on season 6!

Even though the movie did get canned, I'd be psyched if they eventually did make a full fledged adventure time movie to wrap up the story of the show. Also, it'd be the first big 2d animated movie in a long time.

I don't want to be a buzzkill but if they do ever make the movie it won't be theatrical. It'll be about 40-45 minutes, MAYBE an hour long.

Crispy75

I think the last thing AT needs is an hour long movie. The 10 minute format makes it what it is; it forces the writers to trim all the fat off, leaving just the juicy core of the story. The gags, wtfs and moments of awesome come thick and fast. They can't maintain that pace for an hour, so they'd have to pad it out. It wouldn't be Adventure Time as we know it.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Everytime this thread is bumped now I get all excited hoping S6 started airing early. One week to go!

Are we going to have a new thread or are we all still planning to hang out here?

I think the last thing AT needs is an hour long movie. The 10 minute format makes it what it is; it forces the writers to trim all the fat off, leaving just the juicy core of the story. The gags, wtfs and moments of awesome come thick and fast. They can't maintain that pace for an hour, so they'd have to pad it out. It wouldn't be Adventure Time as we know it.

They've made great three-part stories though, and that's just one more episode away from an hour long (with commercials) movie.

Latter half was better than the first half imo.

Yeah it really picks up around the time Lemontown starts going mental. Some of the episodes end and me and my gf turn to each other and all we can say is Wut and then laugh.
The 12 year old rock from The Pit had me in near tears of laughter. I cant find it on youtube anywhere though.

Tuck

Eh, they've done two and three parters before, and they've all been fine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| The Jake's in the Cradle and the Silver Sword
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Little Boy Finn and the Billy in the Moon

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| The Future of Ooo

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| The Jake's in the Cradle and the Silver Sword
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Little Boy Finn and the Billy in the Moon

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| The Future of Ooo

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Good clean armless fun!

thats the best ive got right now

daveo42

Banned
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Good thing I'm ambidextrous
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Finn Disarmed

and...

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| We all have to grow up sometime

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
so i just finished watching all of season 5. holy shit this show is amazing. i ... i think this maybe the best season yet. its just a roller coaster of emotions. like that moment where
Simon starts singing the cheers song. then right at the end "I love you..... Gunther".
and so much history starts to get unraveled. Or the episodes where we see
Jake's kids, Lemon hopes future, Fins pillow life, Simon seeing betty again, and fin getting out played by Sinnabon (this and the cheers one esp kinda got to me.)
and the last episode
were we find out fins dad is still alive (and is possibly frozen(?))

i dunno i feel like i might have to watch the other 4 seasons again just because it feels like i rushed those. but this season has been fantastic, its also felt more "adult" than before. but that could just be because its all so fresh. i really hope season six will be EVEN BETTER than this. anything else would just be
UNACCEPTABLE!!

edit:
also the way you guys were throwing out thread tittles. i thought i was spoiled.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| I love you...Gunther
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| Sinnamon is alpha as fuck, Eat your heart out James Baxter.
Adventure Time Season 6 |OT| In the thread, part of the thread

Amir0x

Banned

you know Adventure Time is operating at such a high level right now I think I would trust them to attempt a 2 hour movie, let alone an hour one. These guys really have a sense of purpose right now.

I'm gonna be at WonderCon all day tomorrow doing god knows what they have planned for us, so I don't know when I'll be getting home, but I'll make sure the thread is ready before the Monday premiere. Even if it's just a skeleton and I have to update it with fancy art and shit after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom