• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkSage

finn-adventure-time.gif

That ending was pretty close to how the scene was meant to go down in "The Lich." It's nice that the writers finally got back to that reveal.

Anyway, it's good to know Season 6 is only a few weeks away.

Tuck

Episode was fun, ending was great. Especially that final scene at the end - nice tease.

Now, I wonder if they're gonna take care of that in the first episode back or if its going to become a major, recurring arc through next season.

Anyways, this season has been one hell of a ride. When I think back to all the stuff that has happened, its just amazing. Seen a few major arcs through to their conclusion, and the introduction of new ones. Huge variety of jokes and characters and adventures. Its pretty amazing that the show has maintained its quality so evenly over time.

EDIT: Interesting to see that the overall concept for that reveal is unchanged.

Busaiku

Haven't seen this episode, but where's all the Finn losing his arm stuff coming from?
Yeah, he didn't have it in the alternate history, but why does everyone think he's gonna lose it now (this was the thinking prior to the sword as well)?

Haven't seen this episode, but where's all the Finn losing his arm stuff coming from?
Yeah, he didn't have it in the alternate history, but why does everyone think he's gonna lose it now (this was the thinking prior to the sword as well)?

Every alternate universe, future version, or past life of Finn loses it's right arm. It's destined.

TheOGB

Banned
Just about every alternate version of Finn is missing their right arm (past, future, dreams, other realities). Then Finn got a cursed sword that's bonded to his right arm.

edit: beaten but yeah

RagnarokX

In the episode where the Lich got free Finn was meditating and saw his older self as having a mechanical arm:
sg6XZWn.png

In the episode with the pillow fort Finn lived an entire lifetime and as an adult he had a mechanical arm made of pillows:
PTL2RwX.jpg

His previous incarnation, Shoko, lost her arm and was given a mechanical arm by PB:
MzEJpcm.png

In Dungeon Train Jake sees a vision of the future where Finn stays in the dungeon until he is an old man and he has a prosthetic arm:
mLB1Gzq.png

Finn is pretty much destined to lose his right arm.

huxley00

I just saw my first episode of this show over the weekend (by chance). What a heartwarming, melancholy, funny, fascinating piece of entertainment. I really liked it!

daveo42

Banned
Didn't even think that the grass sword would end up being the cause of the loss of his arm. It does have to happen, it's just a matter of when now. It could even be what needs to be sacrificed to get to the
Crystal Citadel.
Still need an item of immense power to open the gate since there is no more Enchiridion.

Tonight's episode though was really good with the build up to the end. Wasn't even thinking much about a massive reveal, but there it was. Now April cannot come soon enough. Our little Finn is growing up.

Edit: Pretty much every alternate version of Finn we have seen so far, including those mentioned show off the mechanical arm. It's inevitable because of the consistency of the visions and past/alternate lives. It's even hit upon in the comics, which aren't canon, but I think are close enough to count for me. Plus that grass blade ain't coming off any time soon. It's cursed.

Didn't even think that the grass sword would end up being the cause of the loss of his arm. It does have to happen, it's just a matter of when now. It could even be what needs to be sacrificed to get to the
Crystal Citadel.
Still need an item of immense power to open the gate since there is no more Enchiridion.

Tonight's episode though was really good with the build up to the end. Wasn't even thinking much about a massive reveal, but there it was. Now April cannot come soon enough. Our little Finn is growing up.

Edit: Pretty much every alternate version of Finn we have seen so far, including those mentioned show off the mechanical arm. It's inevitable because of the consistency of the visions and past/alternate lives. It's even hit upon in the comics, which aren't canon, but I think are close enough to count for me. Plus that grass blade ain't coming off any time soon. It's cursed.

It's going to pretty traumatic for the younger audience when it happens.

daveo42

Banned
It's going to pretty traumatic for the younger audience when it happens.

Might end up being a cutaway where PB puts Finn under, fade to black, then Finn comes to with the mechanical arm and the grass sword sitting off to the side in a glass box or something. They could go in another direction, but that's probably the easiest to separate the sword from Finn without being traumatic and put the censors at ease.

Still, I'm thinking we are a good ways off from this moment. WE STILL NEED ANOTHER SUSAN STRONG EPISODE DAMMIT!!!

Edit: Or they could go pants on head crazy and run it as the season 6 premiere. Episode list would be fantastic right about now.

Looks like the grass sword is gonna be a big problem in season 6 since
Finn doesn't have complete control of it anymore
I don't think that's what that scene was implying. Yes, it's obvious that the blade will be the cause of Finn losing his arm, but I think that scene was more of Finn's subconscious doing something that his head wasn't aware of. He overcame his fear of the ocean for Billy, but he wasn't aware that he had until he killed his own fear. That's why he asked if it was the sword or him that did it, I think. But I could be wrong, because that arm is coming off.

WE STILL NEED ANOTHER SUSAN STRONG EPISODE DAMMIT!!!

Again I say, patience. Season 6 starts in less than a month. :)

ant1532

Banned
I don't think that's what that scene was implying. Yes, it's obvious that the blade will be the cause of Finn losing his arm, but I think that scene was more of Finn's subconscious doing something that his head wasn't aware of. He overcame his fear of the ocean for Billy, but he wasn't aware that he had until he killed his own fear. That's why he asked if it was the sword or him that did it, I think. But I could be wrong, because that arm is coming off.

Again I say, patience. Season 6 starts in less than a month. :)

really!!? can you link a dood.... dood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom