• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice? Wild possum holed up in bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

catfish said:
just chill with him man. Check out this possum I met in Australia.

Pete the party possum

15pluag.jpg

2rc97qd.jpg

he was MAX RELAXED

Your opossums are definately different than ours.

Down here in Louisiana, say you see a dead cow on the side of the road. If you were to hit that dead cow with a stick, you would see tons of opossums come out of the cow's ASS. They literally eat things from the inside out.

They're mean. We had some eating our chickens THROUGH A FUCKING WIRE FENCE.

And they are definately not chill. They have fangs, razer sharp fangs that would fuck up your shit if you put your hand near it.

Do not fuck with opossums, they are usually quite mad bro.

Reseil

Did we lose the OP? I fear he may have fallen prey to the evil oppossum whilst he was trying to retrieve pictorial evidence of the beast.

Clydefrog

Reseil said:
Did we lose the OP? I fear he may have fallen prey to the evil oppossum whilst he was trying to retrieve pictorial evidence of the beast.

The opossum probably bit OP's extension cord that powers his house. He's truly fucked now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eteric Rice said:

Down here in Louisiana, say you see a dead cow on the side of the road. If you were to hit that dead cow with a stick, you would see tons of opossums come out of the cow's ASS. They literally eat things from the inside out.

And they are definately not chill. They have fangs, razer sharp fangs that would fuck up your shit if you put your hand near it.

The Australian "possum" and the American "opossum" are unrelated species so named because of their resemblance.

soultron

Banned
OP is a moron and this is a joke thread. Anyone who lives out in "bumfuck" or the boonies would know that opossums are extremely dangerous. Rabies are a definite concern, and having teeth that are sharp enough to slice you are another concern.

Call animal control or a pest exterminator at once. If this is even a real thread.

soultron said:
OP is a moron and this is a joke thread. Anyone who lives out in "bumfuck" or the boonies would know that opossums are extremely dangerous. Rabies are a definite concern, and having teeth that are sharp enough to slice you are another concern.

Call animal control or a pest exterminator at once. If this is even a real thread.

I was under the impression that opossums were incredibly rare carriers of rabies. Then again it was from the opossum society someone linked earlier.

Edit:

http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/frequently_asked_questions.htm#Do%20opossums%20carry%20rabies? said:
Question: Do opossums carry rabies?

Answer: Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in an opossum is EXTREMELY RARE. This may have something to do with the opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the virus to survive in an opossum’s body.

Reseil

Even if they are rabid, it's not like they move very quickly. I went out on my deck one night to smoke and I hear the unmistakable clicking of claws on wood behind me. I turn and flick my lighter to find the biggest oppossum I've ever seen standing there staring at me. Needless to say we both scared the shit out of each other. The thing turned and boogied, but damn are they slow.

Of course the OP did say he was going to sleep, a perfect opportunity for the creature to strike!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Keyser Soze said:
This made me think of PossumGAF

http://s3.tinypic.com/339rd38.jpg[IMG]

Pleases excuse typos and everything else that is wrong with this image[/QUOTE]
:lol

Reseil said:
Of course the OP did say he was going to sleep, a perfect opportunity for the creature to strike!

Exactly. The OP said he was going to post at 930am and it is 3pm eastern without an update. RIP GillianSeed79 :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Eteric Rice said:

really? Wow, maybe it's a diff subspecies.

Make no mistake though, just cause that little fella is taking it easy with a beer in the photos, put him next to a house cat and he's like jake the muss on crack. Don't fuck with aussie/kiwi possums. They will bring the plague on your ass.

G-Fex

Commodore_Perry said:
I used to get opossums and raccoons at my house in Seattle. Give them cookies. They like cookies.

I had no cookies at the time but a nice plate full of foot in the ass worked.

Lucky little rodent is lucky I held back my dog from attacking it.

Tek

Best Thread Ever up to the Possum Gaf

Now one must think that the possum is currently snacking on the OP's dead body....

I think I had one in my cellar once and I believe it decided to snack on some lime I had to spread due to a leaking pipe once.

The very dried out carcass was pretty creepy...or maybe it was a rat...I'm not good at making out dead dried out carcasses...

owlbeak

I have emailed the Opossum Society of the USA for help/advice

freque2.gif

freque3.gif

Here is my letter:
Hello,

Someone I know has for some reason left his doors/windows/both open (he lives in the middle of the woods/nowhere) and an opossum ended up in his bathroom. He told me about it, I did not know what to do! I read your FAQ, and it talks about using a trash can. He does not have one and he can't put his house in the bathroom because of....well...you see what I did there?

Anyway, so he has the opossum in the bathroom, he said he was going to go to bed and tell me what happened at 9:30am this morning. I have not heard from him. I don't even know if he closed the bathroom door while the opossum was in there.

#1) Should I be worried? Is it possible he is dead/kidnapped, or possibly rabid now? Should someone take him out behind the shed and put him down if so?
#2) Assuming he is alive, which at this point we won't, would the killer opossum steal anything? I'm not even sure he has anything worth stealing since he apparently lives in a windowless/doorless hut in the woods, but hey...I like free stuff. Just wondering if I should even bother with making the trip if there's not going to be anything left.

If you could respond ASAP, I would appreciate it. This is kind of urgent.

Thanks,

My Possum story from just last summer.
Nice warm night so we had the back doors open to the screen porch. The Cats hanging out there while I'm on my 360 in the other room. All I heard was a thud. Hear the cat jumping all the time but I could tell it was a little louder. I yell the cats name and in he walks with an animal more than half the size of himself in his mouth. Scream at the cat again and it drops the critter.
I'm thinking it's a rat as the lights were low. Hear my wife coming down the stairs so I yell to her "There's a rat in the house!!! She screams and runs upstairs.:lol
Turn on the light to realize it's a possum and it goes right for the dogs water dish, takes a few licks and leaves from the the same place he entered.
This all happened in under 30 seconds so my head was spinning.
What is Gaf without a Possum thread?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Opossums love grapes. Give him some grapes.

I'm not kidding either.

Really any fruit they like.

Also fun fact the Virginia Opossum is the only North American marsupial.

Edit: Found a picture.

Opossum_with_grapes.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Combichristoffersen said:
OP is resting soundly in the possum tummy by now

It probably has separated his body into several chucks and it's pups are feasting on his innards as we speak. At least his sacrifice isn't in vain, the possum family will probably feast on his remains for a good week or so.

Tek

Snuggler said:
It probably has separated his body into several chucks and it's pups are feasting on his innards as we speak. At least his sacrifice isn't in vain, the possum family will probably feast on his remains for a good week or so.

Well....since...

Eteric Rice said:

I suppose if someone whacks the OP's dead body with a stick then a family of possums will come out of his ass

OMFG @ Possum GAF

:lol

I agree with Eteric Rice. I wish we had Party 'Possums here, too. The ones I've seen in California aren't very friendly :(

Eteric Rice

Tek said:
I suppose if someone whacks the OP's dead body with a stick then a family of possums will come out of his ass

It's possible.

Normally the ones that come out of the animal's ass are baby ones.

Ours are like this.

DemiMatt

Why not fashion a spear with a knife and a broom and go all Dutch on his ass.

254456-dutch_large.jpg

Either way this thread is brilliant.

May you rest in opieces OP.

Snuggler said:
Where are the pics we were promised? OP failed us.

Sorry, checking in. I actually got called into work this morning. I'm supposed to be off, but two people called in sick. I'm leaving now to go try and snap a photo. Give me 20 minutes or so.

owlbeak

GillianSeed79 said:
Sorry, checking in. I actually got called into work this morning. I'm supposed to be off, but two people called in sick. I'm leaving now to go try and snap a photo. Give me 20 minutes or so.
idezhh.gif

He's alive!!!

Edit: Opossum using his wii to make posts in this thread? ¬¬

Clydefrog

GillianSeed79 said:

6o0k88.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom