• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan (PC MMO) - Launch Thread

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Kletian said:
Still on the fence about bying.

My system couldnt handle the beta (or maybe the beta couldnt handle the beta). But I really dont want to waste the time money and effort to find out which is the case.

AMD Core 2 Duo (forget everything else and Im at work)
2 GB Ram
8600 GT
Window Vista 32-bit

I'd think I'd be ok, but the beta told me otherwise.

The card is a little weak, but considering I'm running it fine with a 1800XT I think you should be able to play no problem.

iamblades

I made some screens to show better what it looks like with proper AA and the right settings:

21n3x1d.jpg

Old Tarantia.

2s9dov9.jpg

20jk18x.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous scale.

ka3h4w.jpg

Khemi is fucking nuts, that's all there is to be said.

119mmmw.jpg

Me in my new heavy armor. She looks a little like a badass angelina jolie, but any resemblance was entirely unintended.

And finally, a couple to show what the game will look like while actually, you know, playing it:

4ujvkh.jpg

35ku6g5.jpg

look at all dat juice, oh wait :(
28c3amh.jpg

This last one tells an interesting story, I killed the boss before I had completed the quest, so after i did the quest i had to go out and come back in before I could complete it. SO just fyi, complete the quest before the boss.

Concept17

Takeda Kenshi said:
The card is a little weak, but considering I'm running it fine with a 1800XT I think you should be able to play no problem.

I played the OB with a 8600GT and ran it on medium settings at about 30fps average.

Loan

Neo Member
i have

x1950pro
core duo (w/e ) 1.6
2gb of ram
and audigy 2 card

could i run this on med setting ?>

anyone with similar spec let me know plz

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ariexv said:
Anyone got any spare friend codes yet? :)
Don't think you can get them until the game launches, so maybe tomorrow (US). I wish FunCom would just open it already =(, Play.com finally sent me my code a week later. And to make things worse I need to wait until Friday =(.

Anyway, so far what is the class population like? Anything stupidly popular, and is there a class people are going to be crying out for?

grate

Actually, the official release date is the 20th.
For some reason Gamestop/Ebgames has started shipping/selling the game early.
According to the flyers in the paper, Best Buy and Circuit City will have it on sale tomorrow. Circuit City has it for $39.99.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
what would it cost to build a new pc from scratch that was capable of playing everything out full on out today?

under 2K?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
When i say everything I must be mistaking. I should say

MB/Processor
RAM
and Video Card

The Rest I have...

I know I can do it for under 2K but if someone recently built a kick ass system for this exact reason let me know please..

grate

Dorfdad said:
When i say everything I must be mistaking. I should say

MB/Processor
RAM
and Video Card

The Rest I have...

I know I can do it for under 2K but if someone recently built a kick ass system for this exact reason let me know please..

FiringSquad has had their spring build guide up for a while now.

You can easily do it for under 2k. Keep in mind Nvidia/ATI are both launching new series in about a month, and it will likely pay to hold off til then. With that being said the g92 8800gts can be picked up for a little more than an 8800gt.

LowParry

Huh. Odd. I just called my Gamestop and they said they've had AoC since last Friday. Guess I'll go pick up a copy today some time. By then, I'll be happy to pass out any buddy codes once I get things all set up and ready. Woot! Necromancing sounds like a lot of fun!

So... is it fun? I've been playing LOTRO and having fun but I'm in the mood for some FFA PvP. I haven't gotten ganked in an mmo in so long it actually sounds entertaining again.

The vids I saw on G4 months ago looked pretty horrible but I'm willing to give it a try if people are actually enjoying it.

jestro

Banned
CcrooK said:
Huh. Odd. I just called my Gamestop and they said they've had AoC since last Friday. Guess I'll go pick up a copy today some time. By then, I'll be happy to pass out any buddy codes once I get things all set up and ready. Woot! Necromancing sounds like a lot of fun!

hi i can be buddy?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Sign me up for the buddy program as well if you can be kind enough..

Looks like im going to be getting a new PC here this week and this would be a good showcase for it :)

garath

$40 from Circuit City has pushed me over the edge. I'm going to have to give the game a shot. I've spent more on games I will certainly play less. Need a break from EQ2.

How is the community? Especially on the pvp servers. Grouping much? Is the game focused on grouping or more of a 'certain classes can solo' approach? And how rampant is the ganking in the FFA servers so far? Obviously end of beta is not a good measurement for such a thing.

Concept17

CcrooK said:

Yeah, my friend has had it installed for a couple days now... just waiting. Gonna go pick it up today, myself.

EDIT: wow missed those pics... damn do I need this game NOW.

I also LOVE the progression of armor throughout the game. noobs look like bums and street rats and slowly become completely badass looking

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Can someone tell me if this will play the game very decently?

e-GeForce 8400GS 512MB

I found one for sale locally for 50.00

I have a spare box Dual Core AMD 4200+ 4 Gigs of RAM but in need of a video card I can grab this game and the video card from under 100.00 today if it will play it decently?

LowParry

Is there a time when things go officially live tonight?

And also I'm only seeing (to what I gather in the package) just one guest pass of a 7 day trial.

Grifter

What kinda settings are you E8400/8800GT guys running in? I'm wondering if I can bump things like view distance and keep medium settings.

Also, what's the Q stand for in the AA settings?

Dorfdad said:
Can someone tell me if this will play the game very decently?

e-GeForce 8400GS 512MB

I found one for sale locally for 50.00

I have a spare box Dual Core AMD 4200+ 4 Gigs of RAM but in need of a video card I can grab this game and the video card from under 100.00 today if it will play it decently?
That card is trash, most likely low settings.

Bags

Neo Member
CcrooK said:
Is there a time when things go officially live tonight?

And also I'm only seeing (to what I gather in the package) just one guest pass of a 7 day trial.

I believe it goes live at 9am PST on the 20th. Perhaps this has been changed?

Those pictures posted above are simply astonishing.

LowParry

Bags said:
I believe it goes live at 9am PST on the 20th. Perhaps this has been changed?

Those pictures posted above are simply astonishing.

Well as soon as I can access their forums, I'll look around for any official word on it.

Ferrio

Banned
How many instances of zones are being spawned in early access? Curious how populated their keeping each instance.

Dedalus

Ok my specs are:

Dual Core 3GHz E6850
4GB DDR2 RAM (3.5 registered in XP)
BFG 8800 GTS 320mb

I realise my gfx card could use more video memory, but my real question is: will that setup handle DX10, and is DX10 such an improvement that its worth upgrading to Vista for?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
CcrooK said:
Woot! Necromancing sounds like a lot of fun!

It is! I hit 17 last night with my Necro and I'm having a blast. Nothing puts a smile on your face like walking into 4 or 5 mobs at once and having them all die screaming around you 10-15 seconds later. The spell effects are bad ass, too. Nothing like scoring a fatality and watching chains whip out of nowhere to wrap around your victim's arms then drag them screaming into Hell.

I would caution you to not give up early on, though. At level 7 (I think) you get the spell that does this for ya, Parasitic Swarm. Before that, you'll die pretty easily to multiple mobs of equal level. I still do, sometimes, if they get off a crit or two, but 2 or 3 even level mobs are do-able at 17, that's for sure.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I can't decide on a class to stick with. I've played a ranger, herald of xotli, and a bear shaman for a couple of hours each.

Victrix

*beard*
fizzelopeguss said:
Cam you pick a race and subrace? Gunderman, bossonian etc?

Nope, Cimmerian, Aquilonian, or Stygian. You run into a lot of other races throughout the lands, though you don't explicitly play or visit those lands (yet, expansions ahoy)

LowParry

Big Nate said:
It is! I hit 17 last night with my Necro and I'm having a blast. Nothing puts a smile on your face like walking into 4 or 5 mobs at once and having them all die screaming around you 10-15 seconds later. The spell effects are bad ass, too. Nothing like scoring a fatality and watching chains whip out of nowhere to wrap around your victim's arms then drag them screaming into Hell.

I would caution you to not give up early on, though. At level 7 (I think) you get the spell that does this for ya, Parasitic Swarm. Before that, you'll die pretty easily to multiple mobs of equal level. I still do, sometimes, if they get off a crit or two, but 2 or 3 even level mobs are do-able at 17, that's for sure.

It sounds like EQ2 all over again. Early on it sucks, till you get later into level, then it really starts to show. Sweeet. My main is defenitly going to be a Necro. And if I got time for an alt, probably something in Demonology. Something about this game that is telling me that melee combat is just not my style. Hell. I've always been a caster type in all the MMO's I've played. Although Warhammer Online I'm dead set on being a squig herder. They just look so badass to play. Range dps ftw!

f@luS

More than a member.
is there a list of combo/fatality list ? ive found 2 so far² (one with 2 different attack, the other 3)

Top Bottom