• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

ZeoVGM

Banned
We'll see if it amounts to anything but the actors who played
Hunter and Trip
have been posting pictures on Instagram with the cast a bit lately...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Also, we have a synopsis for the second episode back, along with an image.

THERE’S NO WAY OUT FOR DAISY AND SIMMONS, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“Identity and Change” – As Daisy and Simmons struggle to discover an escape route to the real world, the identity of
the Inhuman leader of the Resistance
is revealed, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, APRIL 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe .

Guest starring are Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Jason O’Mara as Jeffrey Mace, Frances Gregg as Amy, Jordan Rivera as Hope, Randall J. Bacon as lead Hydra agent, Brandon Walter as person in line, David Landry as Hydra special agent, David Weiss as serious man and Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows.

“Identity and Change” was written by George Kitson and directed by Garry A. Brown.

Grant-Ward-Brett-Dalton-in-Agents-of-SHIELD-episode-17.jpg

Speculation:
My guess is that The Resistance is a group of people inside Hydra who are secretly S.H.I.E.L.D. and that this time, Ward is on their side.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I know everyone jokes about Ward redemption, but I honestly hope they aren't planning for that kind of shit.

Even if you wipe his memory there's no way any of the main characters can look at Ward's face for more than a few seconds without breaking down or wanting to kill him.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I know everyone jokes about Ward redemption, but I honestly hope they aren't planning for that kind of shit.

Even if you wipe his memory there's no way any of the main characters can look at Ward's face for more than a few seconds without breaking down or wanting to kill him.

Easy! LMD Ward realizes his original was evil, and voluntarily goes into exile for the good of everyone, becoming the wandering, darkly heroic Punished Ward! And being an LMD, he'll always have perfect hair and the perfect 5 o' clock shadow.

Just caught up. Wow. I am pleading, praying and begging that this show gets renewed for a fifth season. The LMD+Framework+Ghost Rider+Darkhold stuff is amazing.

Easy! LMD Ward realizes his original was evil, and voluntarily goes into exile for the good of everyone, becoming the wandering, darkly heroic Punished Ward! And being an LMD, he'll always have perfect hair and the perfect 5 o' clock shadow.

He's gonna hook up with Deathlok and ABC will have a spinoff series for them.

AMUSIX

OK, so watching the early AoS right now with my friend (who hadn't seen any of it) and it made that preview for next week's show so fucking good. The Ward-Skye situation is insanely twisted and awesome.

Also, yesspoilers posted a little article yesterday about ABC's cancellation plans, what shows were truly out, which were on the bubble, etc, and their take is that AoS isn't quite as doomed as one might think. Generally is boils down to AoS having a largely male audience and, really, because so much of ABC's lineup is horrible.

"Agents of SHIELD, not as shit as the other shit!" Possible renewal by default?
https://yesspoilers.com/2017/03/29/agents-of-shield-once-upon-a-time-renewal-conundrum-at-abc/

Shaanyboi

Banned
OK, so watching the early AoS right now with my friend (who hadn't seen any of it) and it made that preview for next week's show so fucking good. The Ward-Skye situation is insanely twisted and awesome.

Also, yesspoilers posted a little article yesterday about ABC's cancellation plans, what shows were truly out, which were on the bubble, etc, and their take is that AoS isn't quite as doomed as one might think. Generally is boils down to AoS having a largely male audience and, really, because so much of ABC's lineup is horrible.

"Agents of SHIELD, not as shit as the other shit!" Possible renewal by default?
https://yesspoilers.com/2017/03/29/agents-of-shield-once-upon-a-time-renewal-conundrum-at-abc/

lol I'll take it...

Poor Skyeward shippers. The dream is dead.

8UK05VB.png

Good riddance. It's like those people who came out as "shipping" Jessica Jones with Kilgrave. Like... as if everything about Kilgrave completely went over their heads. Ward is a fucking nazi.

Hystzen

Wait Ward is a nazi ? How? He worked for hydra but never believed in ideals plus Hydra had roots in nazi germany but not after. Ward worked for Garret thats it.

Ward is a psychopath who muredered his own family thats about it

shingi70

Banned
Wait Ward is a nazi ? How? He worked for hydra but never believed in ideals plus Hydra had roots in nazi germany but not after. Ward worked for Garret thats it.

Ward is a psychopath who muredered his own family thats about it

If you work for Nazis you kinda are a nazi man.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Eh bit of a blanket statement Hydra was not exactly following nazi ideals
Hydra was the Nazi science division that went rogue. And when they went rogue, it wasn't because they saw what Hitler was doing as wrong. They were apparently so evil they even wanted Berlin destroyed too. But they were still fucking nazis.

Hell, Skye screams at Ward for being a nazi, and the best he can respond is "nuh uh!" He's a nazi. He works for nazis. He's killed for nazis. The only reason he could find some possible redemption here is because the Framework is built on some inverse reality where he might be an undercover SHIELD agent.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the core tenets of what make a nazi a nazi were dedication to German dominance and an extreme penchant for a specific type racial purity. Neither of which seem to be factors in the modern-day Hydra portrayed in the show and MCU whatsoever. Their bag is more general world dominance/power grabbing with no concern for specific races or stuff like that.

It's almost like saying BMW are still nazis because they did nazi shit 70 years ago, except driving a BMW is only slightly worse than being a member of an evil shadow society bent on world domination.

jph139

Doesn't HYDRA actually predate the Nazis by millennia in the MCU? Like the whole Hive worship thing. They were a Nazi organization for like... 1/1000th of their overall history.

Like, once a Nazi always a Nazi, sure, but it seems like a bit of a footnote in the HYDRA history books.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
People don't want to see the worst in Ward I guess.

Like, Ward is a psycho piece of shit and Hydra are the most evil dudes on the planet, but it's even established in First Avenger that Red Skull doesn't give a shit about Hitler's nazi agenda. Hydra has its own batshit crazy kill the world agenda.

Doesn't HYDRA actually predate the Nazis by millennia in the MCU? Like the whole Hive worship thing. They were a Nazi organization for like... 1/1000th of their overall history.

Like, once a Nazi always a Nazi, sure, but it seems like a bit of a footnote in the HYDRA history books.

Oh man I forgot about that. They were "the spear" or some shit, right?

Top Bottom