• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Simmons is quickly approaching Miles O'Brien tier of "we must make this character suffer."

mm04

Ever since his brain injury arc, Iain has been killing it as Fitz. Simmons has been very good as well. And this episode's scene between them was Emmy level quality stuff.

Cuburt

They should take a break after season 4, split the cast to various mcu show, like Quake goes to Inhuman, Coulson to netflix defender, other going to Runaway and Cloak and Dagger. Then next year after Infi ity War part 1 is out, do a final season 5 where they reunite and prepare for Infinity War part 2 event.

Then reboot the show with a new name with same cast start at season 1 again for phase 4 mcu.

I'd like this idea. While I wasn't really excited by how they tried to spin of Most Wanted, or what they tried to spin off as a show, AoS really should have been used as a platform of sorts for Marvel TV to introduce some characters for their own show. Ghost Rider immediately pops into mind. Deathlok could have at least been a Agent Carter type mini-series. Quake and the Secret Warriors could have been a mini-series that just focused on a side story and just focus on super powered stuff.

Not only that, besides it being nice to see more cameos between AoS and the Netflix stuff, it could be a cool way to swap out the main cast and change the dynamics without having to lose the characters. I kind of was hoping that if they were going to be making another spy show with Most Wanted that they were going to take the two shows in slightly different directions and sort of split the cast and tailor each show to those directions.

Even the initial crossovers with Agent Carter made me excited that the two shows might at least reference each other a bit more or be an opportunity to really expand that time period in the MCU and early/pre-SHIELD world building but we didn't get much, if any, more of that.

At this point, I'm not expecting Marvel TV to go further with this than they already have, but there is certainly a lot of potential they haven't capitalized on.

kirblar

To this day I still don't know how some people didn't see it. That tension was clearly there lol
It apparently just goes over straight people's heads, but if you're not straight, you pick up on that stuff immediately because you've learned to. People missed that Tim in Justified was clearly intended to be gay in S2/S3. The writers/producers confirmed that was the case, but the subplot was dropped as they didn't think they could actually do it justice w/ him having so little screentime.

I really want montages of all the crap these characters have been through since the start, fanmade or otherwise. Hope we get one for each character after the show is over.

Yeah, it would be nice to see something like a Supernatural style recap of everyone.

If I had knowledge of video editing and classic rock I would take a crack at it.

Dalek

I just realized that Daisy won't have her Quake powers in the Framework because they wouldn't have gone through that mission where she was exposed to the mists.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking about the Darkhold, given that it contains a formula that could destroy all vampires in the comics, I wonder if Ivanov would discover a formula to destroy all Inhumans.

Could be a way to jumpstart things for the tv series.

jmood88

It apparently just goes over straight people's heads, but if you're not straight, you pick up on that stuff immediately because you've learned to. People missed that Tim in Justified was clearly intended to be gay in S2/S3. The writers/producers confirmed that was the case, but the subplot was dropped as they didn't think they could actually do it justice w/ him having so little screentime.
I don't know, I'm straight and it seemed obvious as hell that they were trying to present Mack as gay and that him and Firz had a thing.

I am 100% down for Simmons to reenact the grave scene from Kill Bill if necessary. It would be an amazing cold open to the new arc.

...I expect the grave to be a red herring though.

Gambit

I guess I can confirm that for myself. Not once did it even cross my mind that there was any tension. But I initially also didn't get it with Willow and Tara, for example. So clearly there are signs I am not trained to pick up on.

However sometimes I think these fan-ships just go too far. When they are upset their imagined/hinted at/jokingly alluded to ships don't work out and they get mad at the writers for it.

I mean, nothing's ever going to come out of "Wincest", no matter how much tumblr wants it. Same for (BBC) Sherlock and Watson.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

I'm straight and I could have totally believed Mack being presented as gay. I could even see Mack's feelings towards Fitz being more than 'friends'. I just never got the impression of Fitz ever reciprocating any of that at all.

Especially, I remember someone (don't recall who) insisting that Fitz thinking "on the DL" meant "on the down-low" was a reference to the African-American male slang term for secret relations with other men, rather than the also super common, perhaps even more so, slang of keeping something secret. I remember finding that idea a bit silly at the time, but thinking back that little bit of dialogue felt odd. Kind of a non-sequitur to the rest of the scene. So maybe I wasn't reading enough into it?

I digress.

HeySeuss

OK I just watched a great episode. But what was with the Hydra base? Was that supposed to be the Avengers compound? And why would Maye regret not being a Hydra agent?

I must've missed something

jaybeeze

OK I just watched a great episode. But what was with the Hydra base? Was that supposed to be the Avengers compound? And why would Maye regret not being a Hydra agent?

Doesn't necessarily mean she regets not being Hydra per se. Her biggest regret could've been something else so with that decision never being made, it could've led her down a path that was her being OK with Hydra. Or she's undercover. Who knows.

That was the triskelion, the hq of shield shown and destroyed in cap murica the winter soldier. But hey i guess technically it was a hydra base then too, just not so overt.

ZeoVGM

Banned
R.I.P.

:(

500x1000px-LL-fddecfcb_lRlTqgt.gif

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had no plans to bring back Bill Paxton

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/27/agents-shield-bill-paxton/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had no plans of bringing Bill Paxton back on the ABC super series, sources tell EW.

Paxton, who died Saturday due to complications from surgery, appeared in six episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the first season as John Garrett, a longtime agent who was actually Ward’s (Brett Dalton) training officer.

:(

ZeoVGM

Banned
That's understandable. I was hoping that perhaps they had shot something with him for the Framework. Some final "closure" between him and Ward.

Magwik

Banned
Incredibly behind on SHIELD
"Someone needs to make Radcliffe watch all the Terminator movies."
"Even Salvation?"
"He brought this onto himself"
#dead

So, are they gonna do anything with Senator Nedir's inhuman brother at the bottom of the ocean? Seems like it's been too long for them to randomly being him back up on future episodes...

So, are they gonna do anything with Senator Nedina's inhuman brother at the bottom of the ocean? Seems like it's been too long for them to randomly being him back up on future episodes...
They have a lot of setup that goes nowhere, not surprised if they don't come back at all.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fitz: "what the fuck are we doing with our hands?"

I still can't believe Brett is back.

God damn the end of this season is gonna be wild

Do you guys think they had this planned when they killed him off last season?

GrizzNKev

Banned
I still can't believe Brett is back.

God damn the end of this season is gonna be wild

Do you guys think they had this planned when they killed him off last season?

The writing of this whole season feels very deliberate and well-planned. I want to say yes, or at least very soon after.

Top Bottom