• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Zoon

Theory: When they are talking to yo yo they say that they found that there are duplicates of themselves in the framework. I think there are two possibilities: Either Simmons isn't dead and she's hiding or she is an LMD.

Theory: When they are talking to yo yo they say that they found that there are duplicates of themselves in the framework. I think there are two possibilities: Either Simmons isn't dead and she's hiding or she is an LMD.
Or she woke up trapped in a casket...

TheDanimal

What are the odds that the next episode starts with a mortified Daisy staring at Ward, only to have him respond with "Skye? Skye, what's wrong?"
People are definitely gonna know her as Skye.

When the boyfriend was mentioned, I said out loud "lol it's probably gonna be ward haha" in a joking manner.

I just knew they didn't have it in them to make a whole season without putting Ward in there somewhere.

But Simmons clearly said that they found code of their duplicates running around. How does a skeleton "run around"?

Guess we'll have to wait and see but if they can hack into the framework at all, maybe they can manipulate some of the code to make arrangements for their avatars. Obviously Aida would catch on pretty quick though.

wildfire

Banned
They should take a break after season 4, split the cast to various mcu show, like Quake goes to Inhuman, Coulson to netflix defender, other going to Runaway and Cloak and Dagger. Then next year after Infi ity War part 1 is out, do a final season 5 where they reunite and prepare for Infinity War part 2 event.

Then reboot the show with a new name with same cast start at season 1 again for phase 4 mcu.

That would be fucking cool. I still think Jessica Jones would fit in nicely on Agents of Shield style of storytelling but this is an even better idea. Seemingly break up the band and have them come back together in 2019.

No one has the balls to do this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
wait so if Gemma is dead in the VR world, does she die in real world ? or does she wake up inside the grave ?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ward makes me so happy, Brett Dalton was so bummed to have to leave the cast. I'd love to hear how he reacted to being written back in.

I doubt Simmons is dead because that'd be a bad way to write her out of the show since if she was dead in the Framework she'd be dead period. She's probably still working for SHIELD/Hydra and had to fake her death for some reason. Perhaps in the Framework the status quo of Shield and Hydra has been switched and Simmons is working for Shield underground in the same way Hydra operated.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Simmons died and Fitz made a new one (cloning, LMD, etc). That's who's getting out of the car with him, but now with the mind of the real Jemma.

Flavius

You know, while this show has been historically uneven like so many other series, I struggle to think of another show that has not only rebounded, but surpassed the very best its ever previously offered.

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of cheese and brain-numbing contrivances, but it's so damn good. I think I might enjoy this series right now more than anything else on television. Script, special effects, hell...even the not-so-great actors are punching above their weight!

Now to read back through the last few pages and see how much in tune I am with my fellow GAF watchers.

Kind of a creepy coincidence that all the Daisy clones were wearing exactly what the real Daisy was.

Real Daisy: I picked a good day to wear something frilly.

Fuu

Kind of a creepy coincidence that all the Daisy clones were wearing exactly what the real Daisy was.

Real Daisy: I picked a good day to wear something frilly.
yeah, that was kind of silly. Realistically they would all be naked, but it's not like the show would or even should do that lol.

But Simmons clearly said that they found code of their duplicates running around. How does a skeleton "run around"?
I mean, I doubt they were reading code like the Matrix, I understood it to mean they found hooks in the code for their doubles existence.

You're probably right, though.

Maybe she's assumed dead, having never come back from the other world...

Christian

I think the only thing that has really stuck in my craw this season is they made such a big deal about that former SHIELD agent running the Watch Dogs, just to never mention it again. Even in passing. If it was acknowledged, I'd be fine with it. But the silence is deafening.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think the only thing that has really stuck in my craw this season is they made such a big deal about that former SHIELD agent running the Watch Dogs, just to never mention it again. Even in passing. If it was acknowledged, I'd be fine with it. But the silence is deafening.

Yeah, I hope they bring Blake back again. The direction they took him in after Deathlok paralyzed him was interesting but I could see some sort of redemption for him after what has publically happened with the Watch Dogs since.

They're all wearing standard issue Shield undergarments.

Standard issue disappearing bras... My wife brought this up while we were watching it. "Why did she take off her bra? How did she have time? She'd want the sports bra in a fight."

After meeting up with Jemma, Daisy throws on a shirt with an exposed shoulder... Bra had vanished.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Standard issue disappearing bras... My wife brought this up while we were watching it. "Why did she take off her bra? How did she have time? She'd want the sports bra in a fight."

After meeting up with Jemma, Daisy throws on a shirt with an exposed shoulder... Bra had vanished.

Gotta look stylish. Can't wear a bra with a shoulderless sweater, geez. Daisy knows her fashion, even in the middle of a deadly crisis.

Nothing really, just some speculation based on this gif;
s1gif.gif

That does looks like how Grant Ward walks.

I can't stop watching the TIE-Fighters in this GIF trying to figure out if they go over or clip through the bridge... It's mesmerising.

On topic: What a fantastic episode. On top of that positive statement from ABC's president I feel pretty damn good about this show right now!

Edit: On the real topic, Daisy can ditch her bra anytime she wants, amirite?

kirblar

This really doesn't feel like the type of arc you'd do if you thought you were about to get cancelled. Alt-reality stuff doesn't really lead to closure.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I can't stop watching the TIE-Fighters in this GIF trying to figure out if they go over or clip through the bridge... It's mesmerising.

On topic: What a fantastic episode. On top of that positive statement from ABC's president I feel pretty damn good about this show right now!

Edit: On the real topic, Daisy can ditch her bra anytime she wants, amirite?

I don't think it clips, it might be going JUST over the bridge, but it's so low that it would be extremely unsafe.

s6cqQOG.jpg

31ZVHn3.jpg

IYO1wTE.jpg

Kayhan

PSYCH WARD IS BACK!

Best character. The heart and soul of the show.

This is the best episode in years.

Man, imagine if every episode was this quality.

Nobility

Banned
This episode shook me to my core.

This was the best episode of any TV show I've seen this year (still got a long way to go 2017...)

This is the same show we've been watching since season one?

Just...just...damn.

Fuu

Clearly, the season will end with Ward's original consciousness being uploaded into a Ward LMD.
wouldn't put it past the show to have a Ward persona in a Lincoln LMD or vice versa just to fuck with Daisy's mind lol

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally had a chance to watch, I agree with many others that it's the best episode they've done, amazing from start to finish.

Dude who plays Fitz may be the best damn actor on this show

He really is.

Fuu

I really want montages of all the crap these characters have been through since the start, fanmade or otherwise. Hope we get one for each character after the show is over.

Top Bottom