• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys has no plans to dub BlazBlue Central Fiction [Petition Added to OP]

Have you just considered that you're just not buying the game?
I dont think I understand you, but taking a stab anyway.

Of course thats a consideration, and people are starting to say they arent. The whole point though is not to just roll over an accept it. this is clearly something people care about.

Narroo

What do you mean?

You're not buying the game because you're not happy with the product. Saying you're boycotting it is a bit melodramatic and grammatically incorrect. You boycott businesses, not their products, and it's a form of protest that's associated with some decision the business has made outside of reasons to buy the product itself.

For example, you can boycott the supermarket Market Basket because you like the CEO (hear about that?). You don't boycott Chicken McNuggets from McDonalds because they changed the recipe and you don't like it.

Not buying the game because they removed the dub falls under: "Just not buying it because they changed it and you don't like the new product."

Even if you are not buying the game, not because the change is unacceptable, but because you want to make some statement about how you feel about the principle of the matter, you should be boycotting Arc Sys as a whole, not the specific game. Usually, you should probably have some sort of activism angle; trying to convince other people to boycott Arc Sys and general protesting of some form, presumably internet based.

It's fine to be unhappy about the game and not buy it; that's what I'm doing. But, use your words correctly. Boycotts mean something specific.

eefara

You're not buying the game because you're not happy with the product. Saying you're boycotting it is a bit melodramatic and grammatically incorrect. You boycott businesses, not their products, and it's a form of protest that's associated with some decision the business has made outside of reasons to buy the product itself.

For example, you can boycott the supermarket Market Basket because you like the CEO (hear about that?). You don't boycott Chicken McNuggets from McDonalds because they changed the recipe and you don't like it.

Not buying the game because they removed the dub falls under: "Just not buying it because they changed it and you don't like the new product."

Even if you are not buying the game, not because the change is unacceptable, but because you want to make some statement about how you feel about the principle of the matter, you should be boycotting Arc Sys as a whole, not the specific game. Usually, you should probably have some sort of activism angle; trying to convince other people to boycott Arc Sys and general protesting of some form, presumably internet based.

It's fine to be unhappy about the game and not buy it; that's what I'm doing. But, use your words correctly. Boycotts mean something specific.

Oh, so just being pedantic. To be fair, me not buying this game is a complete boycott on my end, since BlazBlue is the only series ArcSys is making that I'm buying anyway. Same goes for Aksys.

if like me you arent buying the game, remember to grab the Es DLC.

I think seeing a lot of accounts grabbing free DLC without owning the game helps send the message

cj_iwakura

if like me you arent buying the game, remember to grab the Es DLC.

I think seeing a lot of accounts grabbing free DLC without owning the game helps send the message

My last update is encouraging just that. (Well, not the Es DLC. Good idea, though.)

I didn't want it to come to this, but so be it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
On second thought I'll just wait for the eventual PC version. Hopefully if it could be added as DLC (doubtful though) then we would hear something by then.

But hasn't the choice been up to Arc Sys for a while now?
I haven't kept up in a while though so I could be wrong.
arc sys definitely made the call, as they have been fully handling the localization since CSE, however aksys is publishing, their hands are on this, and since they have to do with this game they won't see money from me until I get a dubbed version

just bumping this as the game is releasing and arc sys has completely ignored everything...

Just wanted to remind everyone that was bothering to boycott to go download the free Es DLC when it pops up on the store. Can at least show a large amount of people are interested in the game that havent purchased this way

Well yeah. They can't get an entire dub made in a couple of months. And it would cost them a lot of money, probably more than the amount they'll lose from boycotters.
communicating with your fans takes no time and doesn't cost anything though

That's something JP companies with pretend NA branches (i.e. twitter accounts that post memes all day) don't get yet though

Pejo

Looks like Kotaku finally woke up and covered it.

Too late now, but still good to bring awareness. I'm probably waiting until Steam version now anyways. They might be able to mod it to at least use existing character voices for moves etc.

Producer

I always grab the free arcsys dlc for when i get around to buying the game. Dont think thats really sending any message other than people like free shit lol

Garlador

I always grab the free arcsys dlc for when i get around to buying the game. Dont think thats really sending any message other than people like free shit lol

Well, might tell them something's off if they have more free DLC claims than copies sold.

Top Bottom