• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys has no plans to dub BlazBlue Central Fiction [Petition Added to OP]

eefara

Nice, 3500 is no small feat. It's amazing that 3500 complete strangers can come together on the internet for a common interest to make our voices heard.

Makes me wish that we could get everyone in a giant room together or something, for perspective.

Rutger

Banned
They're being cheap. If Vanillaware can dub their games; I'm sure Aksys can too.

I really think people are seriously underestimating how costly a game with at least 34 playable characters could be for a small company like Aksys or Arcsys. Sure, there's a good handful of Noel clones, but there's also a ton of NPCs as well so the number of unique voice actors needed is still going to be above that, and all for a single game that will probably sell about as well as the previous games.

Something like Dragon's Crown really is not comparable.

I really think people are seriously underestimating how costly a game with at least 34 playable characters could be for a small company like Aksys or Arcsys. Sure, there's a good handful of Noel clones, but there's also a ton of NPCs as well so the number of unique voice actors needed is still going to be above that, and all for a single game that will probably sell about as well as the previous games.

Something like Dragon's Crown really is not comparable.
no, but trails of cold steel 2 is, and that will most likely sell less than blazblue's usual 100k

Rutger

Banned
no, but trails of cold steel 2 is, and that will most likely sell less than blazblue's usual 100k

Doesn't it also not have dual audio? Couldn't that be money saved that can be put into the dub?

I mean, I'm not going to judge if Aksys/Arcsys are making a good or bad decision when it comes to cost, because I don't have all the information, hell, they're claiming they would have done it but it would have delayed the game. Some of the comparisons being made are silly though.

I'm actually curious on the sales, I'm not finding any good info on how well BBCP did in NA compared to other Arcsys games with NA release dates closer to the JP versions.

Narroo

So, the Japanese PS4 version of the game just came out with a lengthy 'demo' similar to Xrd if you preorder the digital version. The details are still coming in, but it bascailly appears to be the game's versus and training modes with most of the characters included. It even has some limited netplay.

So, all the competitive players are buying the Japanese digital version anyways to get the portion of the game important to them 2.5 months early anyways. So, in the end, not much has really changed for the hardcore, competitive players that wanted a simultaneous release, huh?

Rutger

Banned
So, the Japanese PS4 version of the game just came out with a lengthy 'demo' similar to Xrd if you preorder the digital version. The details are still coming in, but it bascailly appears to be the game's versus and training modes with most of the characters included. It even has some limited netplay.

So, all the competitive players are buying the Japanese digital version anyways to get the portion of the game important to them 2.5 months early anyways. So, in the end, not much has really changed for the hardcore, competitive players that wanted a simultaneous release, huh?

I would imagine that those that import are not a big concern to Aksys/Arcsys for wanting to move up the release date. It's not like everyone who goes to tournaments imports, and even if they did that's still a small part of the the total sales. It's missing the new game hype window that I think would hurt the most, and the people who are less invested are who they want to catch, those that might see it and think "this looks cool" and try to buy it the next day will be far less interested six to eight months later, especially if there are other new fighters on the way or out.

Well, I can't say for sure, but the idea that the tournament goers that would import have the biggest impact on this decision seems off to me, that's just not a large portion of the NA audience of this game.

I would imagine that those that import are not a big concern to Aksys/Arcsys for wanting to move up the release date. It's not like everyone who goes to tournaments imports, and even if they did that's still a small part of the the total sales. It's missing the new game hype window that I think would hurt the most, and the people who are less invested are who they want to catch, those that might see it and think "this looks cool" and try to buy it the next day will be far less interested six to eight months later, especially if there are other new fighters on the way or out.

Well, I can't say for sure, but the idea that the tournament goers that would import have the biggest impact on this decision seems off to me, that's just not a large portion of the NA audience of this game.
those kind of people wouldnt even know the japanese version was out. The delay definitely didnt seem to hurt CPs sales, however the real answer is to get their shit together and get the localization going in tandem so there isn't a massive delay, you know, like they used to

so the signatures have slowed down to <100 a day now, and we cant get any major news outlet to pick up even the story let alone the petition

That's a really commendable amount when you think of how limited in scope knowledge of the petition is, and for the market potential of the game in the first place.

CP sales supposedly 130k US. That's >2% of the total sales that signed this petition, and a good chunk of them probably don't even play BB if we're being realistic. I wouldn't expect to even get 1% of the player base to sign the petition, and we probably didn't even get that.

The numbers we got are significant.

I'm pretty happy with the numbers, but I also know they could be better if the visibility was better. Just found another guy today that heard there was no dub but didnt even know about the petition. Im imagining the number that dont even know the dub was cut is still very high

cj_iwakura

Someone posted this, saying ArcSys deleted it from FB.

Not sure if accurate, but it sounds like their snarky MO.

CrzCWwXXEAEfLPK.jpg

Garlador

Definitely has slowed down, but I've ALSO been sick for a week and unable to do any promotion for the petition.

I'll attempt to hit a few new sources and sites this weekend. I was definitely bombarding many forums with the petition and then just got slammed with a fever and went cold turkey. There's definitely some mileage to get out of this yet.

Definitely has slowed down, but I've ALSO been sick for a week and unable to do any promotion for the petition.

I'll attempt to hit a few new sources and sites this weekend. I was definitely bombarding many forums with the petition and then just got slammed with a fever and went cold turkey. There's definitely some mileage to get out of this yet.
sucks man, I spent over a week sick as well, still have that lingering cough going on

so CEOTaku poll is basically saying that Central Fiction demo will be the tournament game for blazblue...great, I was expecting that to be my last BB tournament...now it looks like combo breaker was my last BB tournament

Garlador

Inching pretty close to 4,000 signatures. It's slowed down considerably, but I think we should be crossing that mark in the next couple of days or so.

Very surprised there are over 4k signatures on the petition. I did not expect to get nearly this many.

No comment from ASW and Aksys is bad on them, and perhaps bad for them.

Hubb

Still no comment from them like at all? That's pretty sad

I think someone in this thread already said it, but unless the petition gets a lot more signatures they aren't going to say anything.

They'll probably wait until the game releases, see if it affects the sales and if it does then make an announcement. Best case is Extend version will be dubbed, but they can't exactly announce that yet.

There just isn't enough buzz for them to say anything before the game releases.

Hubb

A simple we hear our fans goes along way

At this point they probably don't want to fan any flames. Specially after the tweets they sent out the first day this came out. Seems pretty obvious Aksys doesn't want to dub it (or knows they can't), so bringing any attention to it is going to be a negative for them.

At this point they probably don't want to fan any flames. Specially after the tweets they sent out the first day this came out. Seems pretty obvious Aksys doesn't want to dub it (or knows they can't), so bringing any attention to it is going to be a negative for them.
Yea guess I'm speaking from fans perspective and not from the company's so you have a point

Still no comment from either. My thoughts are to either not buy the game, or to buy it, and then never buy an asw game again if they don't add the dub.

Anyone change their opinion one way or another?

Celcius

°Temp. member
It's unfortunate but I still plan to buy the game (a good game is a good game after all). I've been assuming this whole time that the game was coming out in November but the US release date never has been announced / confirmed right?

Still no comment from either. My thoughts are to either not buy the game, or to buy it, and then never buy an asw game again if they don't add the dub.

I bought the import, aksys and ASWNA wont ever get money from me again without dubbing this game

Hubb

It's unfortunate but I still plan to buy the game (a good game is a good game after all). I've been assuming this whole time that the game was coming out in November but the US release date never has been announced / confirmed right?

No date, just early November. Might be Nov 1, might be Nov 8, might be Nov 15.

eefara

Nah, still buying used when it's cheap months down the line. Aksys isn't getting my money from this.

Rutger

Banned

Nope, I still don't mind waiting until sometime in November to avoid the extra import costs.
Of course, I don't play the games with the dub on, so I have little reason to change my plan.

I do look forward to seeing if the fans are able to force Aksys/Arcsys' hands though.

Top Bottom