• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys is teasing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile phones of course.

If there's any series that could transition smoothly to phones without losing anything, it's Zero Escape. (Even the DS-specific stuff would all port pretty well, despite their decision not to try with the iOS version.)

Eh, I don't care what anyone says - I think 999 is paced perfectly. The way the mystery slowly gets revealed is brilliant.

The first route you take through 999 is paced perfectly.

Cody_D165

Banned
Sure there is!

Black or Dark grey
White or Light grey

A
dream
PENCIL
HOPE
EYES
TEAM

B
speak
BLACK
salt
Novel
OPEN

Plenty.

tumblr_lf3dwdkCOm1qzjvwqo1_400.gif

Everything Uchikoshi makes is poorly paced, except possibly VLR.

Even VLR has shit pacing, albeit better than everything else as far as legitimately compelling plot points getting introduced go.

I've said it a million times, Uchikoshi writing is very end-heavy. He introduces interesting plot points at the beginning, has long patches of little development and reiteration, then blows his load in the last 5% of the story.

Even so, the guy comes up with amazing twists, but whether they're worth it or not is questionable depending on who you ask. Ever17 was the worst of what I played, even if I was absolutely enamored with the last 2 hours or so after suffering through 40+ of boring.

I'll still of course get ZE3, even if I'm expecting a ton of meh for a good portion of the game. Need to know how this craziness ends.

Edit: I should mention I dropped Never 7 after an hour and haven't played Remember 11 because I heard it doesn't have an ending.

Zyrox

Reading the first page I was like "Yea, like that's gonna happen, not gonna get excited"
But then I read further through this thread and those teases....those teases man, I don't know anymore. I guess I'm cautiously excited.
If it really is ZE3, just please come to 3DS and/or Vita. I don't own a smartphone :/

FluxWaveZ

Maybe they're complementary words or antonyms?

A - B
PENCIL - Novel
EYES - OPEN
HOPE - salt
TEAM - speak
dream - BLACK

I dunno, man. Why am I wasting time with this.

Cody_D165

Banned
mild VLR spoilers below, I guess

what if ZE3 already exists but we have to make our consciousness jump timelines to play it

grim-tales

I dont know... 0303 definitely teases ZE3 but "4Infinity" could be an Infinity game.
What the hell do those words like Hope Novel Pencil Salt mean?
ZE Word Salad!

Zareka

mild VLR spoilers below, I guess

what if ZE3 already exists but we have to make our consciousness jump timelines to play it

Edit: Brain failed, I basically just repeated what was already said. That's what I get for posting first thing in the morning. (_ _).。o○

The first route you take through 999 is paced perfectly.

This so much. I loved 999, but once you got the first route, it was a ton of retreading besides the endings, which varied in the amount of content depending on how plot heavy your ending is. It especially sucks with puzzle rooms, which you may go through multiple times and feel a little tedious after the first time.

VLR did WAY better with content since it gives you more elements of the plot at a slower and steadier rate, and because there's almost no retreading when it comes to puzzle rooms.

This is beautiful lol all of GAF coming together as one, putting their all into this. I think at the end of the day we would deserve to be right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom