• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcatraz |OT| The Island is Over There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Didn't air in Toronto.

Yes. This isn't to make up for last week. Both of these episodes were scheduled to air today. Last week's episode that did not air will be shown next Monday at 9 EST.

WTF? that's stupid...

BTW This episode is one of the best so far. Still not amazing or anything though...

Rimfya

Banned
The idea is interesting, but the show's makers seem like they don't want to flesh it out too quickly. The lead girl is like cardboard, Hurley is a hot air balloon and Sam Neill is corny corn corn corn corny corn cornball.

The villain from the 2nd episode was Juice from Sons of Anarchy wasn't it? If not they looked exactly the same facially. Pretty good episodes tonight. Hauser is still the only one getting any kind of character development after 10 episodes. It looks like he was injected with whatever they were giving the prisoners and he will give his blood to make the doctor wake up. No update on how Hurley's date went? It's weird he didn't even aknowledge the girl when she came to the crime scene this episode.

So next week they are showing last weeks episode? Its not like these episodes are supposed to be part of a continual story arc or anything :p Fox just doesn't care about Americans :p

So next week they are showing last weeks episode? Its not like these episodes are supposed to be part of a continual story arc or anything :p Fox just doesn't care about Americans :p

Episode 8 is the one about the black chef that will air in America next week, but already aired in other places. Only thing of note from the episode was
the doctor[the older guy that works with Hauser now, but worked back then in the 60s and was the same age) can implant killer thoughts into the brains of innocents, so the chef was innocent, but he became a killer in prison due to the warden wanting to see if it was possible, and they are taking out the blood, doing something to it, and reinjecting it into the prisoners.

Episode 8 is the one about the black chef that will air in America next week, but already aired in other places. Only thing of note from the episode was
the doctor[the older guy that works with Hauser now, but worked back then in the 60s and was the same age) can implant killer thoughts into the brains of innocents, so the chef was innocent, but he became a killer in prison due to the warden wanting to see if it was possible, and they are taking out the blood, doing something to it, and reinjecting it into the prisoners.

Yea I saw it last week :p

So with Terra Nova canceled, will Alcatraz make it to Season 2? I remember Fringe's first few eps were pretty shaky and then it got into its groove. Though so far, Sarah Jones (?) is no Anna Torv yet.

Zoe

So with Terra Nova canceled, will Alcatraz make it to Season 2? I remember Fringe's first few eps were pretty shaky and then it got into its groove. Though so far, Sarah Jones (?) is no Anna Torv yet.

It took some people over 2 seasons to believe in Anna Torv.

According to IMDB, that was him.

Thanks, I found this out last night on another board. Apparently he is dating the lead Sarah Jones in real life too! The same complaints still hold true. They've done nothing really to make us care about the lead characters aside from Hauser. By this point in Fringe we already got a good amount of back story in Fringe even though most of the season 1 episodes were procedural motw. She is just wooden and doesn't have the acting range of Anna Torv either. When she yelled at one of the villains last night and tried to look serious it was kind of laughable. Supposedly
the Indian lady doctor is going to wake up and join the team soon
so that will probably help things. It needs to go more serialized in a season 2 if it gets one and I would prefer if it got rid of Sarah Jones. Shit make her grandfather turn over a new leaf and start working with Hauser and Santiago. He's shown more personality than her.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I like the show. It's not the greatest thing ever but its holding me over until the March/April TVgasmathon. I do hope it gets a second season.

Gameboy415

Aw man, seriously??
I enjoyed the hell out of that show and wanted to see where they went with the "badlands" concept.

As for Alcatraz, I'm liking it a lot, but I wish they would start revealing a bit more information about what is really going on instead of every episode being about a new inmate/guard coming back.

It's starting to feel like a repetitive cartoon - bad-guy re-appears in society, team learns something about the bad-guy's past, team catches/kills bad-guy, and everyone gets a Scooby Snack.

oatmeal

Banned
Ames Brothers was cool...not sure why they brought gold into this.

Big who cares.

Black guy episode was really cool. Sonny Burnett was alright as a standalone, but tired of not getting back story for the main bitch.

.... wait, seriously? They're gonna try to input that weak, weak MacGuffin on top of time travel and secret underground people?

Adamm

This starts tommorow in the UK.
Im hearing some poor reviews and looks like it will probably be cancelled

Is it worth watching?

Ames Brothers was cool...not sure why they brought gold into this.

Big who cares.

Black guy episode was really cool. Sonny Burnett was alright as a standalone, but tired of not getting back story for the main bitch.

That just seems uncouth.

.... wait, seriously? They're gonna try to input that weak, weak MacGuffin on top of time travel and secret underground people?

I watched that episode last week. It was pretty good. Caught up on Ames Bros and Sonny Burnett yesterday. Pretty good episodes. The Ames Bros. had a pretty good 'horror' movie vibe as they were trapped in Alcatraz.

The premise is interesting but the delivery is meh-tastic.

Not even Sam Neil can save this, am afraid.

The mythology is shaping up to be really fun, really big. The problem is that they literally introduce something new each week without any real info dumps.

But then again, this is from the people that wrote Lost.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I missed it last night, and I missed the one last week that ended with the gold in the vault. Should I bother to download them catch up, or doesn't it matter much? I'm a little worried that I've missed two eps now and it hardly even bothers me. Not a good sign. Maybe it's time I just stop watching it now and if the show gets better I'll just marathon it later on...

Man, Beauregard's such a dick. How is he not in prison after doing that mind control thing to the prisoner? I know he's in cahoots with the Warden, but I wonder if Hauser knows about it.

B.K.

Geeze, this show is really losing my interest fast

It lost my interest after the third episode. I catch bits and pieces of episodes, but I haven't watched a full episode since the third episode. I'll watch the season(series?) finale next week though.

Arment

I think this last episode was one of the better ones of the entire show.

Was cool to see the guy from The Pacific and now that Lucy is up and outed, we might actually get some answers next week.

Probably too late though. Ratings are definitely cancellation level.

haven't been watching it for awhile then decided to watch the recent episode. Thinking it might have picked itself up, and got out of the introduction rut

Halfway I started browsing GAF and watched some Youtube vid.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
haven't been watching it for awhile then decided to watch the recent episode. Thinking it might have picked itself up, and got out of the introduction rut

Halfway I started browsing GAF and watched some Youtube vid.

Yeah, I've missed the last few episodes and I honestly can't be bothered to go back and watch them to "catch up". The show just hasn't grabbed me. I like Hurley's character, I even like the girl somewhat, but they do so many things so stupidly just to make the show harder or dragged out. I mean, why is only the three of them chasing down these killers from the past? Seems like if they had the entire San Francisco police force in on this they could protect the people and catch the killers so much easier. Why the huge secret? I mean, they really haven't explained yet the purpose of keeping it all secret, and whats worse is no one in the show seems to care to ask.

I think I'm done with it. If the show gets better and comes around I'll marathon it and start watching again.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually think we're going to get a good amount of explanation this episode.

And I suspect something's going to happen involving the blood transfusions and the shooting in the preview.

Sean

Banned
Tvbythenumbers has it listed as Certain Cancellation. They've been wrong before though with their guesses.

I can see Alcatraz being moved to Friday night as a Fringe lead-in (assuming Fox renews Fringe too). I think they're probably waiting to see how Touch ratings hold up and what their drama pilots look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom