• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines review thread of broken dreams and movie references

Kouriozan

Another disappointing "big" release.
Between this, AC 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, DmC, Tomb Raiders and more, it's getting worse and worse.

Hystzen

Marine campaign in AvP3>>>>>>>> Aliens: Colonial Marines

The campaign might been easy but at least it had atmosphere and seemed to have some thought gone into making it.

fvng

I enjoy the alien universe so in all likelihood I'll be giving the game a pass as long as its a competent shooter. I always welcome co op games as well

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i'm just going to search for an Aliens motion scanner app for ipad and pretend I'm playing the game that is in my imagination

Holy shit are they seriously releasing this for $60?!
Makes this even more of a travesty.

Was going to buy at $15 but I've lost even the will to do that.

If they had to crib ideas from another game, why couldn't it have been Left 4 Dead instead of COD?

strafer

Gearbox. :(

250px-Biafront.jpg
250px-EIBbox.jpg

x-Lundz-x

So much potential with this IP and yet they continue to squander it.

And with as much time as they have had to work on this, coming from Gearbox who at least in my opinion has a talented development team, has a CEO who claims to be the biggest Aliens homer of all time next to myself and they still screw this up.

I am genuinely sad, I really thought they would get it right. I still plan on getting the game but all these impressions just break my Aliens fan boy heart.

Please tell me you thought this footage from the old Rebellion AVP game was genuine WiiU footage.

Thank christ, I thought something was fishy. I never played the old AVP game, I wouldn't know.

The graphics still look terrible. Wtf happened? They always looked pretty damn good a few months ago. I'm guessing that was the PC version v___v

bangai-o

Banned
dont know why you guys are complaining about the wii-u footage. it looks like is running smoother, and the xenomorphs seem more menacing.

Derrick01

Banned
Another disappointing "big" release.
Between this, AC 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, DmC, Tomb Raiders and more, it's getting worse and worse.

People will learn to stop being lazy and make good games or their businesses will die. The world of business tends to sort itself out in the long run. Very few get to constantly offer shit and stay around.

Top Bottom