• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New, All Different Marvel | OT | A New 52+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

It's a bit sad looking at the list of cancelled or ending books now when Marvel Now! 2.0 is on the way and this thread will die and be reborn(or "rebirthed" if you go by what Bendis says).
  • Hercules
  • Starbrand & Nightmask
  • All-New Inhumans
  • Web Warriors
  • Hyperion

Noooooo!

Also, didn't Hercules JUST start?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just to be clear, you guys are aware that it's All New Inhumans being cancelled, not Uncanny Inhumans.

All New Inhumans was trash and dumb to smoke.

Goldrush

Sad about Weirdworld. Absolutely beautiful art and reads like the Avatar cartoon. It's weird, with the exception of the Ultimates, my Marvel pull list post secret-war are the light hearted stuff like Weirdworld, Squirrel Girl, Silver Surfer, and Moon Girl.

Angela was extremely good. I don't see why it wasn't very well received...

I'm surprised that Web Warriors is getting the axe though.

Read the first issue of Angela, but felt like I was jumping in the middle of a story arc.

While waiting for the Marvel Now! 2.0 thread, here's the final teaser for it:
marvel_jigsaw22pux6.jpg

Where are the non cable mutants?
What are "mutants"?

Cable is probably the only one here because he'll be in the next Deadpool movie which Marvel are fine with promoting and since he's part of the Avengers now. Looks to have the virus again.

jph139

So, are those supposed to be the new "sides" in the Fall? Post Civil War?

From a glance I'm guessing that Tony Stark dies, the left side is the victorious totalitarians and the right side is the scrappy rebels.

Hummmm.... I don't recognize like a quarter of those characters, and I thought I was up to date with Marvel stuff....

That green girl is Gamora, right? I was browsing with my phone and for a second I thought she was She-Hulk.

Surprisingly after the success of Captain America Civil War only two characters that were in that movie in this preview are BP and Cap.
Edit: Also no Luke Cage or Punisher.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Surprisingly after the success of Captain America Civil War only two characters that were in that movie in this preview are BP and Cap.
Edit: Also no Luke Cage or Punisher.

They started to go away from MCU status quo with ANAD. I have no clue why people still bitch about "everything is going to be the same", they really emancipated themself from the movies and just make details the same now.

They started to go away from MCU status quo with ANAD. I have no clue why people still bitch about "everything is going to be the same", they really emancipated themself from the movies and just make details the same now.
True.
War Machine survives Civil War movie but dies in the new event
For better or worse.

jph139

Hummmm.... I don't recognize like a quarter of those characters, and I thought I was up to date with Marvel stuff....

That green girl is Gamora, right? I was browsing with my phone and for a second I thought she was She-Hulk.

From left to right...

Deadpool Merc Guy, Deadpool Merc Guy #2, Jessica Jones, Quake, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Thor, Dr. Doom(?), Slapstick, Captain America, Black Panther, Gamora, Cable

Gwenpool, Mosaic, Squirrel Girl, Ms. America, Wasp (Nadia), Prowler, Moon Girl, New War Machine, Hawkeye (Kate), Hulk (Cho), Spider-Man (Miles), Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange

Just for general reference.

CazTGG

Moon Knight #4: This is an issue that's going to be remembered more for its ending twist
i.e. OMG it's Moon Knight, who's the real Specto-you know it's going to turn out to be an illusion created by Seth to stop Marc from foiling his plans, right?'
than it is for anything substantial that happens, mostly because it rushes through everything with little regard for the characters it involves. Thus far, Lemire's run of Moon Knight favors iconography of the character rather than characterization of Marc and his supporting cast. The people here have the names of people from Doug Moench's original run, but they lack the personality that they had as well as any of the chemistry they once shared. There's a moment where Marc and Marlene reminisce about their love for one another (well, her love for Grant, one of Marc's many identities) since they were romantically involved at one point, but it's a hollow reminder of a romance that the character has moved past/that the reader could see in the original run rather than see it done poorly here. Even Spector himself is not one to have their personality so easily pinned down beyond "he doubts himself sometimes", which doesn't make for the most compelling drama when said self-doubt is repeated more than it is explored in every issue with a slight variation to the dialogue. Maybe it's just me, but i'm not feeling this run of Moon Knight. I'll give the final of the five a shot but if it doesn't improve, i'm dropping it. The artwork is amazing but i'm simply not enjoying the story they're attached to.

That being said, this issue is did give us the glorious image of Khonshu sitting on a toilet:
CmvGt8jWIAE8cC4.jpg

Sandfox

No Parker? No Deadpool? no Sam Cap?

Not everything is included in that image, but those books probably are probably not a part of this. Peter Parker Spider-Man for example will be dealing with the Clone Conspiracy in his book around this time and the X-Books should be dealing with Death of X.

Suzzopher

Not everything is included in that image, but those books probably are probably not a part of this. Peter Parker Spider-Man for example will be dealing with the Clone Conspiracy in his book around this time and the X-Books should be dealing with Death of X.

I guess ASM doesn't really feed into the Marvel Universe very often anyway.

They better not take away my Sam Cap though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Moon Knight #4: This is an issue that's going to be remembered more for its ending twist
i.e. OMG it's Moon Knight, who's the real Specto-you know it's going to turn out to be an illusion created by Seth to stop Marc from foiling his plans, right?'
than it is for anything substantial that happens, mostly because it rushes through everything with little regard for the characters it involves. Thus far, Lemire's run of Moon Knight favors iconography of the character rather than characterization of Marc and his supporting cast. The people here have the names of people from Doug Moench's original run, but they lack the personality that they had as well as any of the chemistry they once shared. There's a moment where Marc and Marlene reminisce about their love for one another (well, her love for Grant, one of Marc's many identities) since they were romantically involved at one point, but it's a hollow reminder of a romance that the character has moved past/that the reader could see in the original run rather than see it done poorly here. Even Spector himself is not one to have their personality so easily pinned down beyond "he doubts himself sometimes", which doesn't make for the most compelling drama when said self-doubt is repeated more than it is explored in every issue with a slight variation to the dialogue. Maybe it's just me, but i'm not feeling this run of Moon Knight. I'll give the final of the five a shot but if it doesn't improve, i'm dropping it. The artwork is amazing but i'm simply not enjoying the story they're attached to.

That being said, this issue is did give us the glorious image of Khonshu sitting on a toilet:
CmvGt8jWIAE8cC4.jpg

Hmm. I'm loving this. Then again, I'm not too familiar with the character's mythos and his supporting cast. However, I can see there being an explanation for them being so different from the cast you remember. The whole run is kind of like a fever dream so far with the mental asylum thing where they try to spin a false reality it feels appropriate that the characters kinda seem...not all quite there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fucking hell, the new Punisher comic might be the worst thing I've ever read. I've given it 3 issues, but fuck this.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's way better then the Edmondson run it replaced.

Waaaaaaay better.

I almost suffered a stroke trying to read the Edmondson run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom