• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of OT is on a cruise...

The dinner options for #1 suck, so I guess I'm choosing #2.

Though, I'm pretty sure we're all going to die of malnutrition anyway with this choice.

Fliesen

A Rock Island Devil appears and gives you 3 options to survive:

1) As long as you pray, the Devil will serve you 3 meals a day and keep you healthy. The same, plentiful meals every day for the rest of your life. No help will arrive. Everyone lives.

2) The Devil will give you a fishing net and an everlasting bonfire. They tell you Help will arrive in 7 years. People may die of sickness, starvation and disease.

3) Promise the Devil your souls and he'll repair your ship. You will feel the searing pain of your soul ripping out of you. Everyone lives, but at the cost of guaranteed eternal damnation.

Majority must agree on an option.

Uhm, 2 of course. IF we make it off the island alive, we have a source for infinite Energy, that's gotta be worth something, right?

But seriously, "living on a desolate, rock covered island, 3 meals a day" doesn't sound like a fulfilling life, i'd rather take my chances with option 2.

Also, option 3 strongly assumes that we have souls and that there's an afterlife, so if you accept that premise, i don't see why anyone would pick 3.

cyress8

Banned
#2 - We have a chance to minimize the negatives if everything goes well. Or even negate it completely since you said "may die".

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Option 2. Channel the collective asses of thousands of gaf dudes on the bonfire and create a fire so large NASA sees it. Trump ignores, Canada rescues immediately.

I'm trying to figure out if being trapped with all of you on an island would increase or decrease the amount of times people ask for bizarre advice.

This might effect my answer.

Once the topic of tipping comes up we'd probably just kill each other anyways.

I vote for option 2 and then I spend all day and night praying that I end up on that bonfire rather than having to spend 7 years on an island with the rest of you degenerate fucks. Actually no, I swim out to sea and let the sharks devour me.

NUmber 2, we get off the damn island and the strong will survive

It's GAF. There are no strong.

Shadybiz

I'd go with 2. I'm semi-decent at catching fish, and I can't be around all these gaffers' 10 inch dongs for the rest of my life; I'd be too jealous.

I'm fearful of options 1 and 2, since the majority of OT is male I feel some of them them might get "thirsty" being deprived of internet and all that and that makes option 3 a tempting option >_<

Its a rock island. There isn't much resources to build with, unless you decided to repurpose the ship.

If you can repurpose the ship, couldn't you instead use parts of it to make a raft or something to try and leave the island? If the ship is large enough to carry all of OT surely there are plenty of furniture, wooden, other materials on board to make a few rafts or such to try and find help. You mentioned that we'd have enough food to last the first few initial weeks so clearly the ship is stocked with normal supplies that any ship would be.

Limit

Option 3, hands down. Because if it is 100% confirmed that supernatural entities exist on this planet then there has to be a way to counteract this deal. I am sure something can be done with a soul less body of mine. Give it out for rent to other entities, for instance. In exchange for some powers, services, promises, what have you.

Let's make a deal devil.

weekev

Banned
Secret option number 4, tell the statue you have chosen 1, continue to try to escape the island using whatever means necessary. Kill the dissenters.

If you can repurpose the ship, couldn't you instead use parts of it to make a raft or something to try and leave the island? If the ship is large enough to carry all of OT surely there are plenty of furniture, wooden, other materials on board to make a few rafts or such to try and find help. You mentioned that we'd have enough food to last the first few initial weeks so clearly the ship is stocked with normal supplies that any ship would be.

I mean, sure. But this hypothetical has a devil in it. He could cloak the island or something to make it impossible to find. Or maybe unless you take options 2 or 3 it'll be impossible to leave. I don't know what he has up his sleeve.

The only female gaf will be the Queen of the island, there will be dragonball styled contest held annually to choose her next husband.

tumblr_l0f650h3NX1qbzpvmo1_500.jpg

Fuck this guy

The way I see it: belief, or lack thereof, won't mean jack shit in this scenario. There is a devil. Hell exists.

#2 please. It seems like the best long-term plan. We've got a massive cruise-ship to accomodate us for seven years.

Top Bottom