• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS Now games available in open beta

Valnen

The beta is basically also testing pricing structure of course you have to pay.

Why would I pay a cent when I can't even see how well the service works? I'd totally play Catherine tonight if I could just be assured I'd be getting my money's worth.

Hexa

• Blazblue: Continuum Shift
  • Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

Why? Why include the original version with EXTEND? Hell, why even include Calamity Trigger at all considering EXTEND is there?

Also I agree with OP. Go play Catherine.

nelchaar

I think PS Now is a great idea, but there should be some sort of subscription feature. I am not going to pay $50 for a two-year old game rental for 90 days.

However, I'd be interested in paying $40 a year to access some chunk of games. Maybe Sony could give us an option to pick 5 games or so to put on an access queue. You could get the chance to rotate them out every month or so and add new games. I don't know, hell anything is better than this, even the EA Access vault plan. (Never though I'd say that).

ethomaz

Banned
Play Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots.

I'm trying to reach 100% in Ground Zeroes that is the best game (non-racing) I ever played.

I think PS Now is a great idea, but there should be some sort of subscription feature. I am not going to pay $50 for a two-year old game rental for 90 days.

However, I'd be interested in paying $40 a year to access some chunk of games. Maybe Sony could give us an option to pick 5 games or so to put on an access queue.

Question is how does Sony do this while keeping the sub price manageable and keeping pubishers happy on their returns.

It would be nice if there was one game on there to test the connection and latency. They should toss up one of the Uncharted games for free.

Also, I thought there would be an app for the dashboard? I'd prefer that over having to go to the store.

SerTapTap

Why would I pay a cent when I can't even see how well the service works? I'd totally play Catherine tonight if I could just be assured I'd be getting my money's worth.

It'd be nice for a single free game to test, yeah. Maybe they could do a rotating single game that's free to rent for a bit so you see how it runs.

Personally I'll throw $2 in to screw around if I can stop playing velocity 2x for 4 hours. ...maybe next week.

Shame my PS3 licences don't translate over. that would have been too easy though, let me have games i've already paid for with the service as a go between.

I'll be trying one game, probably Cathrine, just to satisfy my curiosity about how well it works, then i'll be waiting for a subscription structure if i do it at all.

ph00p

Banned
Maybe this is why PS Plus game selection has grown stagnant, to artificially boost demand for this over priced rental service.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PS Now is going to fail. That is BS. I'm not paying for the same games twice.

No it's not BS. Expecting to stream games for free is fucking ridiculous and Sony would be beyond idiotic to do so.

With that said the pricing structure as it is right now isn't good. But lets be real here. We need to see how the sub option is being handled before really judging this. That's the model that will determine the success or failure of PS Now. This could be the Netflix of games if they get the price as well as content available for the sub right. If they get it wrong it will fail. Can't wait to find out.

For people saying there should be a free game to test, there should be some up. I haven't accessed this new update, but previous catalogues had a couple of free games to try.

Downhome

I'm just checking it out now for myself. The pricing for most of these games doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Who in the world would spend some of these high prices, unless they are just rolling in it with tons of cash to blow? A lot of this is flat out insane.

Final Fantasy 13 is 7.99 for 30 days.

I've never played any FF games in my 30 or so years of gaming, but I've always been interested in trying. I've never seen one that cheap either in stores so to me this is a great price. I don't know what used game prices are like in the US. But in Canada, I'm ok with some of these PSNow prices. I really am.

Hexa

Is Killzone 3 the only Sony game up there? During the early phases of the beta Sony had a lot of games up. Since it went paid though they seem to have all dissapeared. :/

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
This is hilarious, you can rent the mgs collection for 4 hours for $2.99

Just enough time to beat the whole series

/sarcasm

I'm just checking it out now for myself. The pricing for most of these games doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Who in the world would spend some of these high prices, unless they are just rolling in it with tons of cash to blow? A lot of this is flat out insane.

I think the prices for the most part seem very reasonable. Not the 4 hour ones mind you (I wouldn't use that anyways tbh), but for 7 days and a month, I could see myself renting quite a bit of games at the current price point.

Steel

Banned
I am so tempted to dive in just to play catherine again, but on my vita this time.... But I hate rentals!

Valnen

It'd be nice for a single free game to test, yeah. Maybe they could do a rotating single game that's free to rent for a bit so you see how it runs.

Personally I'll throw $2 in to screw around if I can stop playing velocity 2x for 4 hours. ...maybe next week.

I might be willing to throw $2 in if the wallet system didn't work the way it does. $2 is really $5. Sony needs to stop that shit too. There should be no minimum funding amount.

still don't "get" this....why rent when you can buy for the same or similar prices?

i get it if these are the prices for brand new games...

at least they are working on a subscription format

Top Bottom