• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race Canada Season 2 |OT| This Time The Race Goes Outside Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

No instructions, but they had a model to follow. The problem was they thought they just had to lash together the sticks at the top good enough to hold it together, except they were expected to build the teepee exactly like the model.

Sometimes I wonder about the equality of the judging for the dance challenges. It eventually ends up being a pity pass after they sort of succeed with multiple sloppy attempts. Judged events can be sketchy.

UberTag

Feels rather odd that we went all the way to Final 5 before our first non-elimination leg from a starting field of 12 teams. We did have one "to be continued" leg but no speed bump requirement for that finish (not that it made a difference as Nic & Sabrina bowed out the next week without needing to complete one).

Parch

That was the first non-elimination? Surprising.
At least it saved an interesting team. The gay barfers are fun to watch. Those poor guys have had some tough times during the race.

UberTag

That was the first non-elimination? Surprising.
At least it saved an interesting team. The gay barfers are fun to watch. Those poor guys have had some tough times during the race.
Most of these last teams have all been a treat to watch at various points in the race.
I'm pretty much in "anyone but Gino & Jesse" mode at this point and will be delighted for anyone else that wins.

UberTag

My expression whenever Gino & Jesse ace a challenge and leave in 1st place...

Lisas_Rival_83_zpsaw7kqdvm.jpg

I adore Ope's enthusiasm. He always gets so excited when either he or Simi conquer a challenge. The tough part about it this week was I was pretty much relegated to rooting against them because I figured that Leilani and Dujean had the better chance of knocking out one of the all-male teams from the final 3.

But it was not to be... especially when that inevitable double U-Turn play by the wrestlers sealed their fate. The last 20 minutes of this week's episode were academic after that. Not that I begrudge them that play or anything. It was smart. They went after the only team behind them in the race that had won a leg without the assist of a Fast Pass.

On the bright side we got some amusing comic relief. Sean always delivers on this front but it was cute to see Simi get in on the act by repeatedly banging her head against the glass display shielding the miniature railroad. And Leilani & Dujean delivered in the role they were cast for by fighting throughout the leg as good exes should. I would not at all be surprised if their cameraman was encouraging Dujean to really antagonize Leilani once the inevitable result of this leg of the race was locked in. For the sake of salvaging good TV and all that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not that it mattered, but the whole time penalty thing just has to be redesigned. It's just a casual part of the race now, and if it wasn't for equalizers (events only open during business hours, everyone on the same flight), you could probably find a case where someone could take a time penalty on every task and still somehow end up first. lol

this reminds me of a puzzle! *shudders*

besides not acting like exes for 9 legs, this was probably the most amazing display of exes ever

at the very least, at least she knows she can do better

and I'm really glad they didn't do any silly questioning on if you think you'll get back together

t-storm

Not that it mattered, but the whole time penalty thing just has to be redesigned. It's just a casual part of the race now, and if it wasn't for equalizers (events only open during business hours, everyone on the same flight), you could probably find a case where someone could take a time penalty on every task and still somehow end up first. lol
They just need to tone down the difficulty of the Canadian version, that's all. I mean, some of the challenges are just ridiculous. What if there was an old couple left? Really doubt they would have went through with the wakeboarding. So, penalty.

Apparently ctv's website has the team profiles in the exact order they were booted, and has had it in that order since the beginning of the season. LOL what dumbasses. If it continues, they have spoiled who wins, 2nd and 3rd too, so don't look if you care! I don't care, so I looked.

CDX

I think they should stay in Canada and not go international. It's what makes Amazing Race Canada Canadian.

I disagree. On any version of the Amazing Race I personally don't like it when they stay in only one country too long. That was one of many reasons I hated the family season of the US Amazing Race.

I also feel Amazing Race Canada is being held back by it's Air Canada sponsorship, with the teams only being able to fly where Air Canada flys. It was VERY apparent last year when the Australian version was airing almost simultaneously. The Australian version was also sponsored by an airline, Virgin Australia, but they weren't limited to only Virgin Australia destinations.

Where's Australia??

From what I understand Amazing Race Australia got low ratings. So it hasn't been renewed yet in Australia for another season, if it ever will be renewed. Which is a shame because I liked the Australian version.

Compared to Canada where Amazing Race Canada has nearly always been the #1 rated show every week during the summer in Canada.

Parch

Not sure there would much prize money if there wasn't heavy sponsorship. Air Canada and PetroCanada are probably the only reason the show exists, so I don't mind if they're heavily involved in the show.

Sorting garbage and being a bad saloon actor. That was a good episode. Yay Edmonton!
The curling face off is a natural. Watching noob curlers is always a laugh. They should do more face off challenges like that.

Brent and Sean saved by the non-elimination and end up being first going into the final. Go underdogs. Beat the athletes.

UberTag

As soon as Gino & Jesse left in 3rd place in the final leg and we got that completely unnecessary backstory bullshit story about their Mom and their childhood photos, I skipped ahead 30 minutes for the obvious finish and didn't even bother watching any of the final leg.

What a disaster of a season. Real disappointment after a rather strong Seasons 1 & 2. Perhaps Phil will deliver something better starting tonight.

The part that blows my mind is gino and jesse winning canada's favourite vote. They're inoffensive enough, I don't hate them, but they are one of the blandest, most boring, indistinguishable-from-each-other team I've ever seen on amazing race. They displayed no personality whatsoever, and inspired nothing in me more than "meh". I have nothing against alpha male teams (I loved James and Jaymes the Chippendales), but this one was just dull.

Parch

As soon as Gino & Jesse left in 3rd place in the final leg and we got that completely unnecessary backstory bullshit story about their Mom and their childhood photos, I skipped ahead 30 minutes for the obvious finish and didn't even bother watching any of the final leg.
Exactly what I thought. No subtle foreshadowing there.
Amazing Race also does some lame editing to make it seem like it's a close and exciting race when it really isn't. A team could be hours behind but you'd never know it from how production creates the shows. This type of creative TV is probably why I never really cared for Amazing Race. I was more interested in the Canadian version because I've been to a lot of those places.

When the first 2 did the bike challenge on their first attempt and the barfers needed 20+ attempts, you knew they were out of it, even when they kinda cheated on the map/math challenge.

Not the team I was hoping to win, but I can give casting some credit for providing a bunch of interesting teams. The challenges in Amazing Race Canada are pretty creative too, even though they seem hard and unfair sometimes. Overall a pretty decent and interesting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom