• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 2 |OT| - Premieres Wednesday, March 5th at 9:00pm on Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah is trash, she's lucky she got a good edit. She was one of the people constantly bullying Heather, she even said that she wishes her children could beat Heather up. Don't fall for her 'I'm just a mother who misses my kids
cry.gif
" facade.

Satch

Banned
Sarah is trash, she's lucky she got a good edit. She was one of the people constantly bullying Heather, she even said that she wishes her children could beat Heather up. Don't fall for her 'I'm just a mother who misses my kids
cry.gif
" facade.

thank you! i almost forgot about this

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
cry.gif
" facade.

You know what's trash? This season of Big Brother Canada. I think the really good 1st season (barring the mess finale) was just a fluke, season 2 is approaching BB US Season 15 levels of vileness here.

UberTag

POV player selection spoilers:
Allison was chosen and Adel used his power on her so he could play. Allison is fuming.
Heather didn't get drawn for POV, either... so the other 6 are all playing.

This is actually all kind of hilarious because the twists may all fuel one another with their execution. So long as Allison doesn't need to wait until a replacement nominee is selected if one of the Gremlins get pulled down, she can pull down the other one with her expiring secret veto and she has incentive to stiff Jon's HOH now.

It would be a move against the house but she'd have even odds in next week's HOH comp (it would be 3 vs. 3) and it's largely suspected to be an endurance comp that either she or Rachelle would excel at. With 3 votes, Allison and the Gremlins would also control who goes home this week on Jon's HOH - 5 houseguests will be voting to evict.

Adel could end up on the block this week against another Sloppy Second and booted out the door because he used his real power after leveraging his fake power for over the last month. Consider it almost a guarantee if he stumbles his way into a cash prize tonight.

This scenario can obviously play out if either of the Gremlins win POV. It could also theoretically happen if Neda wins POV and pulls down Rachelle because she knows she's lost traction in her "boot Sabrina" campaign and Allison could encourage her to do it as well saying, "I want to save Rachelle but I can't do it if both of the boys are against her, so pull her down and use me or Adel as a pawn."

Jon would have to decide on two new nominees from a pool of Arlie, Adel, Heather and Neda. He won't be putting up Neda and it seems unlikely that he would put up Arlie (although Neda would push for it). Heather and Adel would be nominated and Allison and the Gremlins would decide which of the two to send home. They seem to have more connections with Heather but she's also a greater threat to win comps they excel at like endurance so I suspect she would be the most likely casualty.

UberTag

POV WINNER:
______Jon______

He's just advertising how big of a threat he is now.

Looks like all of the pre-POV suspense may blow over without much fanfare.
He has little incentive to change his nominations.

FALSE ALARM:
Jon plans to use the POV to pull down Rachelle after all. He wants to backdoor Allison.
Now the only question is whether or not Allison can use her veto before a replacement nominee is named.
If she can, she'll pull the other Gremlin down and two of Heather/Adel/Arlie/Neda go up on the block.
If not, a pawn will go up opposite Sabrina and Sabrina will get evicted (in all likelihood - Allison would actually be the tiebreaker in this scenario).

DMeisterJ

Banned
FALSE ALARM:
Jon plans to use the POV to pull down Rachelle after all. He wants to backdoor Allison.
Now the only question is whether or not Allison can use her veto before a replacement nominee is named.
If she can, she'll pull the other Gremlin down and two of Heather/Adel/Arlie/Neda go up on the block.
If not, a pawn will go up opposite Sabrina and Sabrina will get evicted (in all likelihood - Allison would actually be the tiebreaker in this scenario).

It doesn't even make sense that she'd be able to name a replacement before he would be able to. So he theoretically would take Roach down, and then she would take down Slob before he could name Alison as the replacement to Roach?

She has to decide to use her veto before or after Jon. If she decides to use it before Jon she can take one of Sab/Rachelle off but she has to get wind of the plan to have herself backdoored. If she decides to use it after it would be after Jon completes his portion of the veto ceremony (using it and naming a replacement). In that scenario she would save herself and Jon is forced to name another replacement, most likely Arlie.

UberTag

SUNDAY NIGHT FEEDS UPDATE - BIG NEWS:
Jon just solidified a Final 3 pact with Neda & Heather in the hot tub room. After comparing notes, they agreed that Arlie posed the biggest threat to each of their respective games - both next week and against the jury at Final 2. They made a decision to replace Rachelle with Arlie tomorrow (not technically a back door as he played in POV) and that Neda & Heather along with the surviving Gremlin and Allison would vote to evict Arlie this week.

Allison's secret veto will not be played unless she wants to save Arlie herself (unlikely) and Sabrina will become the last surviving Final Five member in the house.

Heather & Neda tried to share this news with Allison tonight but she was so blitzed out of her mind from alcohol that the conversation could not take place. Amazingly enough, it was a spectacular drunken emotional breakdown from Allison that led to this late development. She essentially pulled off her own variation of Dan's funeral from BB14 to essentially save her game - by accident.

That - and Jon caught Arlie conspiring with the Gremlins without him. Heather and Jon comparing notes on Arlie's numerous Final 2 & Final 4 deals this week may well have sunk his game.

Watch the events unfold right here!

Big-Brother-Canada-2-2014-04-13-20-27-42-187.jpeg

Big-Brother-Canada-2-2014-04-13-22-25-22-387.jpeg

Big-Brother-Canada-2-2014-04-13-20-45-42-117.jpeg

The crazy part about all of this is Allison could try and leverage her secret veto into a chance to shape a new alliance of her & Arlie and the Gremlins should she choose. She could pull Sabrina down off the block after Arlie goes up, force Jon to put up Adel, say that she and the Gremlins are deciding who goes home this week in order to earn the loyalty of whichever guy they choose to keep. I'm not saying she even thinks of this move, but if she's tired of being on the bottom of an alliance with numbers this is a play she can make.

The live feeds tonight have been so good.
Allison's breakdown, the plan forming to backdoor Arlie, all this drama played out amidst a backdrop of puke littering the house....awwww yisss

allahson was in such a good position after last night, too :(

now they're all talking about targeting her :(

I guess she got antsy but I mean, come on

canada, I guess

as long as heather is safe

UberTag

The crazy thing thing about it is that playing the veto was actually a decent move for Allison. Especially seeing how she pulled down Sabrina. If they rescue Arlie from the brink and move forward with an alliance of 4, Allison won't be at the bottom.

It's really up to the Gremlins to decide whether they want to go into business for themselves or whether they want to remain indebted to Jon & Neda.

And I actually think BOTH situations could happen... in other words, I can see Sabrina buying in to this new alliance with Arlie and Allison and Rachelle wanting to stick with Jon & Neda.

Going to be a crazy week of feeds as we sort through this mess that is Jon's HOH.

Poor Adel.

And for those of you who haven't been keeping tabs on things...

POV CEREMONY RESULTS:
Jon pulled down Rachelle with his veto.
Allison pulled down Sabrina with her veto.
Your new nominees are Arlie and Adel.

UberTag

MONDAY FEEDS UPDATE:
At the moment, it's still looking like Arlie will be sent packing this Thursday. Rachelle has decided this will be the moment to start making her own game decisions independent of Sabrina and has insisted on keeping Adel in the house - without regard for whether Sabrina or Allison wish to build an actual alliance with Arlie or not to gain a numbers advantage.

This despite the fact that Adel has told everyone who cares to listen that he plans to nominate both Gremlins next week if he wins HOH. Something Arlie clearly wouldn't do after being blindsided by Jon & Neda.

I love how everyone is talking about how good jury members will have it (relaxing in a mansion without cameras) while I'm pretty sure they'll be sent to the War Room for jury. Otherwise it would be ridiculous if that War Room was only built for the first two weeks + 10 minutes for the Secret Veto.

Parch

I figured Canada's HOH was going to reset this game. The double evict cleaned up some trash and now it seems the game is really on. It was too predictable with too much house vote crap. Mix it up or be bored to death.

This is a great freaking week. My top two most hated are on the block and it looks like my least favourite is going to get voted out. Mwahahaha, love this show.

Adel! #TeamGremlins

NYR

Wow, show took a massive u turn, gotta love it. Best season of any north American big brother in years.

I kinda want
Adel
to leave on Thursday. Even though it would put my favs Neda and Heather in a worse position than the start of the week, it would make the game more exciting and force them to play more aggressively. Also,
Adel
is annoying and doesn't do anything.

UberTag

I kinda want
Adel
to leave on Thursday. Even though it would put my favs Neda and Heather in a worse position than the start of the week, it would make the game more exciting and force them to play more aggressively. Also,
Adel
is annoying and doesn't do anything.
Now that Allison and Sabrina have clearly gotten their heads screwed back on straight that appears to be what's happening. Rachelle is really the only possible holdout at this point - and I'm not sure that she's capable of deceiving the rest of <cough> Arlie's Angels <cough> to save Adel. And it really wouldn't be in her best interests to make such a move anyhow.

Thursday's HOH competition will effectively see Arlie, Allison, Rachelle and Sabrina all competing against Heather & Neda to send either Jon or Neda out of the BB house and into jury. I have a sneaky suspicion that Arlie will steer the target towards Neda over Jon.

UberTag

It seems like Allison has
finalized a final 4 with Jon, Neda and Heatheraid.

eaux
Yep, the script has flipped once again.
Currently, a 3-2 vote to evict Arlie. This is easily the most back and forth week of the season (the last being the week Paul and Heather were on the block together). Still another 36 hours or so that need to be played until Thursday's eviction vote so the dynamics could shift once again.

Incidentally, Heather is clearly the most deserving player to win this season in that house. Not necessarily the most likely - that's still probably Jon. But certainly the most deserving.

Koodo

Banned
20 minutes later to Sabs "I was brainwashed!"

I don't believe she was ever a super fan. She's worse than Adel at this point.
She would be stupid making an alliance with Jon and Neda. The gremlins give her less of a physical threat, and since everyone else hates the gremlins, better chances of getting votes from the jury. If she ends up facing Jon in a final 2, she's done.

Poor it.

Not Queen Neda salvaging her alliance's game and getting Arlie out. Too bad Adel plans to go after Jon if he gets HOH next week (lol)

Parch

Yeah, all sorts of alliances and deals this week. They're all trying to cover all bases, so it'll be the comps that will force some decisions.

Pretty knowledgable group. They talk a lot of strategy and think out a lot of scenarios. Not a lot they can do about it sometimes, but most of them are pretty sharp about what's possible. Previous seasons (especially american ones) have most of the players clueless about good strategy.

UberTag

THIS WEEK'S HOH WINNER:
______Neda______
First 2-time HOH winner this season!
Jon & Neda have shifted into Jemmett HOH domination mode.
Jemmett will be providing Neda with strategy advice on how she should map out her end game.

Also, Arlie was evicted. But you already knew that.

Both Gremlins should be the initial noms for the 3rd straight HOH cycle.
Allison backdoor option is once again on the table.
Wash, rinse, repeat. Next verse, same as the first.

They're eerily similar, not just in comps. The main reason they went as far as they did is because they made deals with everyone and broke them by winning. It's why Gary almost won in the end( well he did win but lost due to a technicality). Jon and Neda are doing the same thing. They made 3 different final 4-5 deals in the past week.

Bitter jury will be bitter

edit:
Ironically Allison fucked up Sabrina's game this week. If the special veto wasn't used Arlie still would have been a lock to go home but when Sabrina got taken off she stopped being on her best behavior and a started fights this week with Neda and Heather and question all the deals Jon/Neda have been making. She moved up in the target list. Not to mention voting Arlie out (Rachelle/Allison would have done whatever Sabrina wanted) who was gunning for Jon/Neda and keeping Adel who openly hates her and would have never been on the block this week if it wasn't for Allison.

DMeisterJ

Banned
THIS WEEK'S HOH WINNER:
______Neda______
First 2-time HOH winner this season!
Jemmett will be providing Neda with strategy advice on how she should map out her end game.

Also, Arlie was evicted. But you already knew that.

Both Gremlins should be the initial noms for the 3rd straight HOH cycle.
Allison backdoor option is once again on the table.
Wash, rinse, repeat. Next verse, same as the first.

Neda has effectively moved herself into the best position of the game. Jon got rid of the biggest person coming after her, and she has Jon who is going to protect her and be a shield to be evicted before her. And she has her pretty F2 deal with Heather. She just puts up two girls this weeks, replaces her with the third girl, and she's had a pretty successful HOH run, and is still in a prime position. She's like topaz, minus production hating her.

UberTag

No feeds for the weekend, either... because BB Canada Production doesn't like to pay their staff extra pay on stat days like Good Friday. Bunch of cheapskates.

Players should just auto-expect the instant eviction every Easter weekend now.

Neda winning HOH is bad news for Heather because Neda's building a resume she can win with at Final 2 and Heather is now sliding into the Andrew Monaghan role of being used & abused by the power couple. Adel is Gary. Allison is Topaz. The Gremlins are the Shyld. It's BB Canada Season 1 all over again.

On the bright side, the jury may also be stupidly bitter... so if Neda burns Allison and honors her Final 2 with Heather, they may be likely to give Heather the win. I wonder if Jillian and Emmett will coach Neda on jury management because that's the one area she needs the most help with - not that they were any good with it themselves.

Because it's an instant eviction it seems logical that Allison's a goner this week. The fact that her War Room secret got exposed to Neda just now will likely be the final kicker. There's a slight possibility of Sabrina going just because it would allow Neda to free up Rachelle for herself and nobody wants to endure a full week of Sabrina on the block fighting for her life and/or rationalizing her exit.

Can't believe the Gremlins & Allison were dumb enough to let Arlie go this week. He either would have been the target ahead of them this week or he would have won HOH and successfully gotten one of Jon or Neda out. They completely threw their games away. It was the equivalent of Peter sending Topaz packing last year by not using the veto on her. And they had even less reason to do it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
QUEEN getting her Target out two weeks in a row. She needs to put up AliHAND for eviction so the useless girl can GO.

And I do agree her jury management is ass, but that usually has little to do with who wins. Rachel did an awful job of it, and she won. As did Jillian.

iXZNvDcXAgvHv.gif

I don't see anything wrong with her jury management? The worst thing that can happen to Neda is going F2 only for all the jury members to vote against her, thinking that she was Jon's pet. Letting Arlie know that she was responsible for his eviction appeals to him as a self-proclaimed 'superfan' and the respect for gameplay that comes out of that.

Happy she won HoH, things are looking for her to win it all. Hopefully she can deduce that it's an instant eviction and nominate Sabrina and Allison.

UberTag

I don't think there's any chance of people on the jury thinking she's Jon's pet. If anything, they'll think Jon was her pet and be bitter at her for sending them out of the house.

Even Mr. Superfan (Arlie) has admitted he'll be a bitter juror and, for the moment, would only give Neda the win if she was at the end against Heather.
He would vote for Rachelle over her... and he never talked to Rachelle until 3 days ago.

As for the jury management arguments, Jillian would have lost had it not been for Topaz being Topaz. And that was against someone that had been evicted from the house once already. A stigma Neda's opponent won't have. As for Rachel, let's be real - Grodner wasn't going to let Porsche get the win over Rachel Reilly. And there was all of that commotion over Shelly's jury vote being strong-armed out of her.

I think jury management is a very legit concern. And this will be the THIRD person evicted on Neda's watch. From her own two HOHs and the one of Jon's that she ran on his behalf. I'll still give Heather credit for booting Sarah independently.

You need 4 votes to win Big Brother. Neda will have two jurors feeling she was directly instrumental in sending them out of the house and, if Production sours Neda's edit any, she may be outgunned for Canada's vote as well.

Koodo

Banned
When I heard Arlie was clocked out of the house, I thought it was Allison's dumb ass siding with the sloppy seconds. My surprise when I saw the gremlins were voting him out too. They truly fucked up.

I guess they were all afraid Arlie would murder them in their sleep tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom