• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 3 |OT| - Premieres Monday, March 23rd at 8:00pm on Global

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a flop "twist." It should be mocked, if they wanted anything to come from that they should've forced them to use it. Boring season.

Tik-Tok

Johnny is absolutely unbearable. He's like the worst stereotype of a gay man wrapped up with a children's entertainer all in one. He's so phony.

calder

at least johnny is going

Johnny is absolutely unbearable. He's like the worst stereotype of a gay man wrapped up with a children's entertainer all in one. He's so phony.

GIF-breaking-bad-disappointed-disappointment-let-down-no-SMH-GIF.gif

While I haven't watched the last episode (or two? how many hours is this fucking show on anyway?) I would be pretty sad to see Johnny go. Or Sarah too even, despite her utter ridiculousness she kinda grew on me.

Someone here just asked, maybe you guys know, if ppl are voted off do they leave immediately (aka do they go home right after the show where they got booted) or do they stick around off set for a while?

Parch

What a flop "twist." It should be mocked, if they wanted anything to come from that they should've forced them to use it. Boring season.
I watched the entire episode assuming that they had to use, not that they had the choice to use it. Of course it's useless now. There I was thinking all the Johnny drama was just for show because he was going to be saved.

They're right about useless alliances. Throwing people under the bus happens much too often. They need twists or something to stop these stupid unanimous house votes.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I watched the entire episode assuming that they had to use, not that they had the choice to use it. Of course it's useless now. There I was thinking all the Johnny drama was just for show because he was going to be saved.

They're right about useless alliances. Throwing people under the bus happens much too often. They need twists or something to stop these stupid unanimous house votes.

Even if the double veto was used Bruno just would have tossed Kevin and Brit up in place of the two nominees. No surprises, no real drama.

Voting with the house and the phrase " getting blood on my hands" has made the last few years of BB (US and Canadian) hard to sit through. I'm sad Johnny's going but at least he has a chance to come back? As long as it's not Graig coming back.

If Graig comes back (this week?) and anyone from the Flop Shop wins HOH I'm done with this season.

UberTag

It's sad but I'm actually rooting for the "Flop Shop" at this point. Or at least Bruno and Godfrey. Anyone that could possibly muster enough momentum to throw a wrench in the impervious structure that is the Bromuda Triangle.

That being said, I fully expect Zach will win HOH on Wednesday night and initiate his plan to backdoor Bobby.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
That being said, I fully expect Zach will win HOH on Wednesday night and initiate his plan to backdoor Bobby.

I don't follow the live feeds and have remained mostly spoiler free. Is this plan for real??? Bobby is the one I want gone THE MOST. He's probably the most annoying cast member (besides Graig and maybe Sindy) and I'm tired of seeing his tongue.

Let me root for Zach real quick.

Lev

I hope there is a place to watch this without having to use a Canadian proxy. There was a third-party Youtube channel that posted all of the episodes, but they recently got removed off of Youtube for copyright infringement. :/

Edit: Woot. I guess I can watch with a proxy when my internet is less shitty.

The double veto being forced would be a better Twistos twist.

Even if the double veto was used Bruno just would have tossed Kevin and Brit up in place of the two nominees. No surprises, no real drama.

Voting with the house and the phrase " getting blood on my hands" has made the last few years of BB (US and Canadian) hard to sit through. I'm sad Johnny's going but at least he has a chance to come back?

Even if Johnny does come back he's still fucked. The dude has slim chance of lasting. The guy is just so disposable at that point. He can't really count on his alliance saving him if he does come back.

The editors are utterly incompetent. In monday's episode's "coming up tonight" segment, they SHOWED THE VETO HANGING ON BRUNO'S NECK as he was called away by big brother. Good job spoiling your own episode, guys.

Also, the fact that they used a pick off the unpopular style challenge meant that people on the block had no chance to win it. Whose bright idea was it to have this challenge the same week as the Canada's veto twist?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The extreme focus on showmances is ruining the edited show this season.

It seems like Johnny and Kevin are the only "characters" so far, and they're not wacky, or overly funny.

enigmatic_alex44

I mean, I wish they would show more of Pilar and Godfrey. Pilar seems nice but we're lucky to get one sentence from her per episode. She's just Kevin's showmance at this point. I was expecting Godfrey to be an early favorite of mine, but what memorable moments or conversations have they aired? Just the one where he went in on Sindy when he thought she broke a camera.

Why certain houseguests get so much focus and others are completely ignored is beyond me. Unlikeable houseguests like Bobby and Graig eat up way too much airtime.

Yado

Pilar doesn't do anything for them to show. She's just in the house hanging out like it's summer camp.

I have no idea how a casting director could interview someone like Ashleigh and think "this girl will be great for tv!"

UberTag

I was expecting Godfrey to be an early favorite of mine, but what memorable moments or conversations have they aired? Just the one where he went in on Sindy when he thought she broke a camera.
The unfortunate part about Godfrey's edit is that he's clearly the most fascinating and entertaining person on the feeds. Dude's hilarious. Pretty much everyone else in that house is a casting retread or misfire... however, because Godfrey doesn't fit under one of their pre-designated buckets they just ignore him.

Lev

So they just let houseguests cheat in POVs? Where you at Big Brother with the punishments? :/

UberTag

Spoilers from tonight's taping...

Johnny was evicted unanimously in yet another house vote.
Zach is your new HOH.
Newport will continue to dominate the season unimpeded this week.
Bruno is the expected target following a backdoor.
Two pawns will go up initially... likely Godfrey and B.

No news about the KFC re-entry comp as of yet.
It's expected it will take place on Friday in place of the Have-Not competition as have-nots have already been designated.

UberTag

Live feeds spoiler...

JP has had a mental malfunction and has decided to pitch Zach on the idea of pawning him against Godfrey prior to the Bruno backdoor. This is an insanely foolish move... which I believe Zach will talk him down from.

UPDATE:
Looks like I spoke too soon. Zach's on board with the idea. This is an insanely reckless play just asking to be fucked up by a Sarah / Returnee / Bobby / Bruno / Willow POV win. All they need to hear is that Zach is working with Kev and not planning to backdoor him at all and they can freeze the POV from being played and trap JP up on the block to get evicted under Zach's HOH. Even God winning would facilitate this possibility as it would keep JP on the block after Zach's treachery is exposed to Bobby & Bruno.

This would go down as, quite possibly, the biggest game blunder in Big Brother history. After a season of non-stop disappointment, I can't even begin to fathom this scenario playing itself out.

Parch

The last couple of shows have been lame. The edit feels like they have to show the hopeless conversations by Johnny, as if there was actually a chance that he had the votes to stay. It was such a waste of airtime, and really an insult to viewers. Everybody and their stuffed dog knew he was gone, so why bother.

Survivor is the king of edit on how to create uncertainty of a vote, but BB is a different game. Add this unanimous house vote trend in BB and trying to create voting drama is impossible. Just accept it and show something else.

UberTag

Your KFC Returnee is...
Sindy With an S
___Risha, Naeha, Graig and Johnny___
are now all officially eliminated from the BBCAN3 game.

Your POV Winner is...
Zach With a Z
JP's foolish move of exposing himself recklessly to elimination will not be punished
Zach has chickened out of backdooring Bruno and plans to keep the noms the same to send Godfrey packing by unanimous vote

Tune in next week for the next predictable developments in the season with no power shifts at all.

Holmes

Horrible. Just horrible. This is literally the reverse BBCan 2. The final two will be Zach/Ashleigh but who really cares?

I have other shows to watch this spring season.

UberTag

Live feeds spoiler... well, at least something noteworthy happened.

After volunteering to go up on the block in the first place, JP was NOT pleased by Zach chickening out of making a move on Bobby/Bruno post-POV and intending to keep the noms the same keeping JP at risk (of course, JP threw the POV comp to facilitate this).

JP has now blown up both Newport and the Chop Shop to Kevin (by name) and is throwing his entire lot in with the Fortress.

Zach's game has outright tanked this week... although the Bromuda Triangle and the Diaper Alliance remains very much a thing.

Your KFC Returnee is...
Sindy With an S
___Risha, Naeha, Graig and Johnny___
are now all officially eliminated from the BBCAN3 game.

Your POV Winner is...
Zach With a Z
JP's foolish move of exposing himself recklessly to elimination will not be punished
Zach has chickened out of backdooring Bruno and plans to keep the noms the same to send Godfrey packing by unanimous vote

Tune in next week for the next predictable developments in the season with no power shifts at all.

I've been keeping up with the latest info, but I haven't watched feeds or the show since Sindy left. Not seeing much of a reason to tune back in.

UberTag

I've been keeping up with the latest info, but I haven't watched feeds or the show since Sindy left. Not seeing much of a reason to tune back in.
Today has arguably been the first feeds-worthy day since the start of the season in terms of power shifting. Only took 30 days for it to happen although it won't change the immediate outcome of this week much at all.

Feeds Update...
Sindy just spilled the beans about the Chop Shop to Sarah. This will likely result in tanking Willow's game after it had briefly recovered somewhat prior to Sindy's return.
Sarah, Sindy and Britnee have formed a new alliance called the S.S. B.

Also, Zach's game has gone into complete free-fall. And he's taking Ashleigh down with him.

razznjazz

Neo Member
The game might actually pick up now that
Newport is having some struggles. Maybe it's not because of Sindy and more to do with a returning player period, but I'm hoping she makes some major waves. Still heartbroken about Naeha. I really thought she would break her arms off to get back into the house.

Also, did anyone see that Sideshow?
Gary being salty as fuck. He was not giving Johnny any kind of positive reception at all. I felt sorry for him.

The game might actually pick up now that
Newport is having some struggles. Maybe it's not because of Sindy and more to do with a returning player period, but I'm hoping she makes some major waves. Still heartbroken about Naeha. I really thought she would break her arms off to get back into the house.

Gary being salty as fuck. He was not giving Johnny any kind of positive reception at all. I felt sorry for him.

I'll try to catch that somewhere... but what the hell? Why was Gary being a jerk?

As horrible as this week has been, I'll consider it a success if somehow
Quindy
can get out
JP.

Parch

I think I like the Side Show more than the regular shows. They are pulling no punches and roasting the eliminated. The rants are pretty funny too.

I think Gary is completely fed up with Peter's know-it-all attitude. In an older show Peter said "a big move could be a breakfast conversation". And everybody stares at him like he's a complete idiot. Because he is.

Parch

That wasn't a very fair redemption competition. An endurance comp that favors the lightweights.

I've really grown to dislike Jordan. Friggin' smartass. I like seeing him screw up. During the SShow they showed how the house had the hot water cut off because they keep breaking mics and Jordan brings the rebel attitude and tells Big Brother to fuck off. Then he goes and cries about it when the house gets punished. Doesn't that just sum up the entitled generation.

Parch

As mentioned, Sindy coming back has the potential for some good drama. The evicted sharing all the info with her means she can blow up alliances and expose a lot of people. The show needs a shake up so this is a good way to do it.

Unfortunately I expect Sindy to be the next target ASAP. They really should have automatically given her immunity for at least a couple of weeks.

The evicted were right when they said the house wants to eliminate the strong personalities. Most of the house know how to play, but they all want to have a no blood no drama experience. Just have some summer camp fun and eliminate anybody who isn't going to sheep to the plan. That's why we're getting this unanimous house vote crap. As long as they're not the target, they're perfectly willing to play out the entire season doing this.

Big Brother needs to provide less fun, more torture. And find ways to bust up this house vote mentality. There needs to be more conflict and less kissy kissy happiness. Hopefully Sindy can blow up the house for at least a little while.

NYR

As an avid die hard Big Brother fan, I say this with furious anger - this season fucking sucks.

First season I haven't watched a second of After Dark, these people are boring and the alliances suck, everyone is too much of a pussy to make the first move. Kevin is the only saving grace of this season. And that Willow-Sarah lesbo kiss.

Can't wait for the US version in June.

NYR

Unfortunately I expect Sindy to be the next target ASAP. They really should have automatically given her immunity for at least a couple of weeks.
Of course she is the next target! Easy target, no blood on the hands. This season - it's junk.

Lev

I really have to agree with JP. He's right. There is no way that Zach can no longer float in the middle of the game, even for two more weeks. Slowly now, people are starting to see that Zach has alliances with almost everybody in the game. Considering that fact along with the idea that Zach is a beast at competitions, makes him target number one to eliminate to anyone who wants to get rid of a good player. Zach thinks that by not changing the nominations that he will avoid getting blood on his hands, but technically he already did that by keeping the nominations the same. He straight up lied to both nominations, saying that they were just going to be pawns for a backdoor. Godfrey knows this and that's why he's pissed off at Zach. JP is also pissed about that and how Zach cares more about the chopshop alliance over the Newport alliance. Either way, I find it very difficult to see one of the nominations working with Zach again, and see it more likely that they will target him for eliminations next week. Why he thinks that Sindy changes his plans this week, makes zero sense to me.

Lev

As mentioned, Sindy coming back has the potential for some good drama. The evicted sharing all the info with her means she can blow up alliances and expose a lot of people. The show needs a shake up so this is a good way to do it.

The evicted were right when they said the house wants to eliminate the strong personalities. Most of the house know how to play, but they all want to have a no blood no drama experience. Just have some summer camp fun and eliminate anybody who isn't going to sheep to the plan. That's why we're getting this unanimous house vote crap. As long as they're not the target, they're perfectly willing to play out the entire season doing this.

Big Brother needs to provide less fun, more torture. And find ways to bust up this house vote mentality. There needs to be more conflict and less kissy kissy happiness. Hopefully Sindy can blow up the house for at least a little while.

I hope Sindy can at least take out Zack. Only her, Sarah or Britney actually have guts to do so. Bobby and Bruno really need to take out Zack, but I'm sure they are going to be too afraid to even though now is the time to get rid of big players and solidify true alliances. We need people outside of the chopshop to win HOH or else the rest of the season is going to be predictable and boring.

The thing I hate the most about Big Brother is how floaters can make it so far in this game. Willow, Ashley and Pilar aren't even fucking playing this game and yet they've made weeks into this house. The only reason why they are still around in their alliance is that pawn votes are worth their weight of gold, in this game. :/ I don't want to see any more Victorias in this game. I'm going to be extremely pissed if Pilar makes it to final four or three!

Parch

Zach's game has fallen apart even without Sindy messing with it. Sindy is just going ensure it happens. I can easily see the entire house turning on him at the first opportunity. And yes, the entire house. Even floater Ash will vote with the house if that's what the house is going to do.

I'd like to see somebody throw in an opposite vote just to mess with the house. Let everybody freak out trying to figure out who would dare to vote against the house. But they're wimps and nobody would have the guts to risk doing that.

There are some strong pairs, but I really don't think there are any strong alliances. There has been no hesitation to throw alliance members under the bus when the house decides who is going to be the eviction of the week. These so-called alliances are going to change and shift with the wind from week to week as individuals work to avoid being the chosen.

Parch

The thing I hate the most about Big Brother is how floaters can make it so far in this game. Willow, Ashley and Pilar aren't even fucking playing this game and yet they've made weeks into this house. The only reason why they are still around in their alliance is that pawn votes are worth their weight of gold, in this game. :/ I don't want to see any more Victorias in this game. I'm going to be extremely pissed if Pilar makes it to final four or three!
That's really the fault of the game. You bring the weak players to the end because they're easy to beat. Be a usable vote, be crap at comps, never be considered a threat, and they'll be taken far. Unfortunately, floaters do too well at this game even when they don't think they're floaters.

razznjazz

Neo Member
Zach's game has fallen apart even without Sindy messing with it. Sindy is just going ensure it happens. I can easily see the entire house turning on him at the first opportunity. And yes, the entire house. Even floater Ash will vote with the house if that's what the house is going to do.

I'd like to see somebody throw in an opposite vote just to mess with the house. Let everybody freak out trying to figure out who would dare to vote against the house. But they're wimps and nobody would have the guts to risk doing that.

There are some strong pairs, but I really don't think there are any strong alliances. There has been no hesitation to throw alliance members under the bus when the house decides who is going to be the eviction of the week. These so-called alliances are going to change and shift with the wind from week to week as individuals work to avoid being the chosen.

And what's worse is that when Zach does get nominated, she'll mine the DR sessions for "woe is me" and they'll show it because...showmance. What's sad is that she seems a competent player (decent at challenges, shown some social skills), but her DR indicates she's just there for her crush. Ugh.

I am really hoping Sindy can gather Sarah and B and SSB their way to the end. That's the only thing I have left to look forward to at this point without my Nae. Not sure how since the girls are so "evil and working together and trying to dominate the house." It really irritates me how Nae gets pegged as the next Neda when their games are totally different. I'm hoping the stigma of female strategists changes for future seasons.

Production has really fucked this season IMHO. I don't think it's terrible, but it could have been so much better.

Lev

That's really the fault of the game. You bring the weak players to the end because they're easy to beat. Be a usable vote, be crap at comps, never be considered a threat, and they'll be taken far. Unfortunately, floaters do too well at this game even when they don't think they're floaters.

I've watched only about 5 seasons, and the last one I watched was Season 13 where Adam floated his way to 3rd place. He only won one HOH and he was too afraid to make a big move. I guess it worked out for him in the end, because I seriously didn't think he was going to make it to the final 3. Him being so shitty at the game was his saving grace I guess, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom