• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

Bought Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 and Crackdown 2 for 360. I should clarify that I have no real interest in playing either but deal's a deal, I guess. I know they're supposed to be pretty crummy but they'd have to be completely broken AND offensive to my soul for me to turn down a £2.99 deal. Missed out on Hitman though, :(

I thought crackdown 2 was pretty good. it feels and plays more like an expansion pack than a true sequel to crackdown, but it's still a good game.

I won't say anything about armageddon, the anger and pain I feel over that is still too fresh.

If that same deal goes on the amazon website I will pull the trigger. NBD buying a dying system if it has LBP on it! I kid... I want one.

LayLa

Got one of these. Not sure if I should keep it though since I am still torn about getting a Wii U.

yeh i got one too, i have PS+ already so i doubt i'll have to buy much software for it. assume this doesn't come with a memory card though? (WiiU can wait till next year when the library shapes up a bit!)

The_Monk

Had Crackdown 2, Darksiders 2 and RF Armageddon on cart, deleted them all, uff that felt good. They can be a good deal but it's not a good deal to me if I waste money on games to put on a shelf.

Dodged a bullet, feels good men.

falconzss

yeh i got one too, i have PS+ already so i doubt i'll have to buy much software for it. assume this doesn't come with a memory card though? (WiiU can wait till next year when the library shapes up a bit!)

Sadly no memory card but I also have PS+ which makes it a harder decision to sell or keep right now.

Phinor

You know a sale isn't great when they are not even matching their deals from Black Friday 2011. I got Toy Story Blu-ray set for £10 back then, now it's up for £13. Not that it matters though, just about everything seems go in seconds anyway.

'You'll want to take one of these home'

I think it's gonna be the one direction album =(
You were right. I'm always rubbish at these clues. Speaking of signed/scribbled CDs. I hear Little mix decided not to draw on the album cover (like you normally do) but rather the case meaning it easily gets smudged...

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Isn't that crazy expensive? You can easily get a basic vita for £200, and a 500GB PS3 is about the same if you shop around. And only one game. Basic price should be more like £399

Is that just so they can show a big discount?

Edit - separately on amazon, the vita is £189 and a 500GB PS3 is £229 with assassins creed III. So £499 definitely seems an artificial price to make the discount look bigger.

Bundle needs to be £299 to be a decent discount

So what did everyone get today?

a vita with need for speed and a 4gb memory card. not from amazon mind, but still a cracking deal.

from amazon I bought sonic racing transformed for a friend and a 32gb flash memory stick for myself for backups of important pictures and videos.

not much, but I am very pleased with the vita purchase.

PaulLFC

Did the site just break? Lots went to "0% claimed - Deal over" and the buy button didn't appear - just blank space.

Did the site just break? Lots went to "0% claimed - Deal over" and the buy button didn't appear - just blank space.
Moved to the weekend I guess. They move items about a lot and add new ones.

Btw, I wouldn't expect new things at the weekend but given the sheer number of repeats we've had (something I'm grateful for since I got the hard drive and uDraw*).

*-Poor uDraw. You know a peripheral game is a flop when it can't even get fully claimed for £5 (let alone checked out)

Also, did the Samsung mp3 player sell out?
I think was merely 100% claimed which means little. This one went straight to deal over though. They wouldn't repeat if it sold out.

Top Bottom