• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

Skyzard

Banned

It says import fee deposit, and its separate from the delivery. Not not sure exactly what it is though.

Wow, yes I think Starwolf_UK was right then about them pre-charging and paying the import duty before shipment, go amazon!

Thanks for confirming...(pretty much :))

Wow, yes I think Starwolf_UK was right then about them pre-charging and paying the import duty before shipment, go amazon!

Thanks for confirming...(pretty much :))

I bought a Kindle off Amazon US about a year and a half ago. Taxes were precharged back then as well.

Oh, and the Kindle was delivered in 2 or 3 days.

Usually when they bring back stuff, it is because it didn't sell out. Most items on the list are things that didn't sell.

100% claimed doesn't mean it sold out, as far as I know. It means that 100% of the copies they were selling at that low price are gone. Plenty of other things that got 100% claimed in a matter of seconds came back a day or two later as well, such as the external harddrives and whatnot.

Well this amazon sale has saved me loads of money.. In fact I've not spent anything! The same old items just keep coming up each day, if I see wwe 13 come up in a deal one more time I'm gonna go mad. Just reduce the price and have done with it! And as for yesterday's deals, what a joke, nothing particularly interesting which was ironic considering it was 'black friday'.. Not impressed.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Not gaming, but does someone know for how much the Blur21 box went? Might bite at a decent price when it returns in 2 hours...

Nothing good today, really wish they put that Braun electric shaver from 2 days ago
Grow a beard and get that T500RS. You know you want to! ;)

I just received mine today, from the previous lightning deal. As I just mentioned in my thread asking about wheels, it says V.2 on the box, so I'm wondering whether I should just send it straight back... but they probably can't guarantee that the replacement will be a different version...

Chopper

Okay, I really need a 32Gb MicroSD, so that Samsung deal is pretty nifty. I have a couple of hours to prepare for my purchase. How do I guarentee getting my hands on one?

Phinor

I think they finally broke me. The deals are so bad that I'm actually going to buy something just to get something, namely the Indiana Jones box set for £30. Now obviously it's the best price available in the UK but still, I wasn't planning to double dip on that movie series until it drops down to £15 or so. I mean it's only 3 movies for £30 so that's £10 per movie, not exactly a deal.

I think they finally broke me. The deals are so bad that I'm actually going to buy something just to get something, namely the Indiana Jones box set for £30. Now obviously it's the best price available in the UK but still, I wasn't planning to double dip on that movie series until it drops down to £15 or so. I mean it's only 3 movies for £30 so that's £10 per movie, not exactly a deal.

Three? Where have you been, there are four Indiana Jones movies. The box contains all four.

Don't forget the deals on Amazon.com (which now ships some games to Europe):

€22 --> God of War Saga (5 games!)
€22 --> Ratchet & Clank Trilogy
€18 --> Sly Trilogy

€22 inc shipping & tax, for all five God of War games!

Decent! Just saw they've got a deal coming up for Halo 4 across the pond too, they obviously know how to do it. Maybe they need to give Amazon.co.uk a few pointers, constantly discounting WWE 13 and Resident Evil 6 is getting beyond a joke.

mclem

Did it really sell out? 100% claimed is meaningless because % claimed can not go down. It might reach 100% claimed sooner this time though.

The waitlist filled up, it had 500+ people on it when I got on, and it was removed from the page before other deals that were opened at the same time. I took that to mean it'd actually sold out. Clearly I was wrong!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Decent! Just saw they've got a deal coming up for Halo 4 across the pond too, they obviously know how to do it. Maybe they need to give Amazon.co.uk a few pointers, constantly discounting WWE 13 and Resident Evil 6 is getting beyond a joke.

Well Black Friday is their "holiday", lol.

If it was a bigger thing here we would probably get better deals out of it, more sites seem to generally joining in every year though outside of the US, maybe one day our deals will be on par.

Grow a beard and get that T500RS. You know you want to! ;)

I just received mine today, from the previous lightning deal. As I just mentioned in my thread asking about wheels, it says V.2 on the box, so I'm wondering whether I should just send it straight back... but they probably can't guarantee that the replacement will be a different version...

Aren't they all the same? I looked it up and found that the V2 refers to the pre installed firmware. I will buy the T500RS, someday. :)

You don't really need that now, it's Movember.

I can only walk around 2 weeks unshaved, max. :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Well Black Friday is their "holiday", lol.

If it was a bigger thing here we would probably get better deals out of it, more sites seem to generally joining in every year though outside of the US, maybe one day our deals will be on par.

The boxing day/January sales is our Black Friday. I dare you to walk into a Next at 9am on Boxing day. The place is like a warzone.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) @ 9:00 AM
uDraw Tablet including Instant Artist (Wii/PS3/360) @ 9:00 AM
Nintendo Wii Console with Wii Sports @ 9:00 AM
PS3 Console + PS Vita + All-Stars Battle Royale @ 2:00 PM
Zumba Core 2012 (Wii) @ 2:00 PM

MicH

I might try to go for a pair of those STREET headphones by 50 Cent as I need a pair of headphones. Are they good? Does anyone know them?

Is that including that tax/imports fee? I just fooled around a bit and put Ratchet and Clank Collection in the basket - 12.40€ shipping, 4.98€ import/taxes, cheaper than in Austria :-(

No, that's just for the AmazonGlobal priority shipping, the import fees deposit is only added when the total amount reaches the tax-free limit, which is around 65$ here. I don't need super fast shipping, but Amazon doesn't let me change this option for games.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is that including that tax/imports fee? I just fooled around a bit and put Ratchet and Clank Collection in the basket - 12.40€ shipping, 4.98€ import/taxes, cheaper than in Austria :-(

It seems for Switzerland there is only one shipping choice and it's the expensive one. Mind you, if I send it to my German mailbox with slower shipping there's not a big difference in price.

faridmon

I realy wnt a new headphones. I hope Amazon does a good deal. Looking at the list, it seems the Seinheiser one is the only one I am intrested in and that is the cheap onw, Blah!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I kind of miss the black friday deals, it was fun waiting for midnight for another run of items to look through.

Picked up two copies of crackdown across the week, one for me from friday and one for my friend today, also some earrings and a necklace for the gf for christmas.

I know, but it had still around 1h30 minutes before I posted that comment.

Oh, not a clue then, strange.

Top Bottom