• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Really wish I could transfer my steam copies of mass effect 1 and 2 to Origin :/

2 should work. It was either on my origin account already when I put it on my laptop or I put the key in from steam, I don't remember which. 1 was a huge a pain in the ass though and it required their customer service making me do some unnecessary 8 step process before they could put it on there.

coopolon

Really wish I could transfer my steam copies of mass effect 1 and 2 to Origin :/

Have you tried and it's not working? Or are you joking? Cause regardless of whether it's Steam, Origin, or Retail, all Mass Effect saves go in the same folder in your documents (under bioware).

Edit: I'm an idiot, for some reason I read "wish I could transfer my saves"

I've been asking this around the internet for a while and no one seems to have an answer. Or they never bother to answer.

I thought Sony stopped letting online retailers do that after the hack. I could be wrong but thats what my sleuthing results said back in feb when I was trying to pick up some psn codes.

Is there a reason why amazon sells xbox live card digital cards but not PSN cards?

I've been asking this around the internet for a while and no one seems to have an answer. Or they never bother to answer.

I thought Sony stopped letting online retailers do that after the hack. I could be wrong but thats what my sleuthing results said back in feb when I was trying to pick up some psn codes.

This is one of those things that is out of my purview (as in we stopped carrying it before I came on board and I'm not sure who made the decision/why). I've commented to this affect a couple of times but I'm sure I've missed questions (like Derrick's) before.

Cheers,
Tony

Derrick01

Banned
Thanks for commenting anyway Tony. I searched around for articles about it but neither Amazon or Sony commented on it as far as I can tell. I hope it does get fixed though because everytime I want a PSN card I seem to only have Amazon credit. Tis a cruel fate lol.

Patriot2

Banned
I wanna thank tony for the heads up about ME3, with a $10 gift card it got it down to 20 bucks, amazon is my Favorite DD shop right now.

Any of the 1C games activates on Steam?

In any case i'll like to suggest that when the first post is updated with the latest deal make some notes about what games can be activated in other services. That's probably what you guys are doing right now but just in case :)

alf717

Could anyone suggest some 1C games? I was watching some Youtube vids on Penumbra and Cryostasis and they seem to look and play like the Amnesia demo.

$5 Crysis is now live:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And the voting for THQ titles next weekend is now live:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote

Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction Armageddon all activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

I assume this was the most you could have done from the request i had (Crysis Maximum download version, which includes Crysis and Crysis Warhead for a reduced price)?

Oh well thanks anyway since i just nabbed it.

gdt

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

Been waiting till Crysis went to $5, but I clicked on the "Maximum Edition" link to check the price on that. Apparently, I already own the ME edition! Bought it for $7.50 during the summer or something. Awesome.

Elginer

Crysis 1 does not activate on Origin. At least it sure as hell doesn't work for me. Also thanks Tony for trying to get Torchlight 2 up on Amazon for launch. I'll def be picking it up from you guys.

vazel

Banned
The amazon page says so as well but maybe a Origin rep can add it to to the account similar to Mass Effect 1.
They're very stingy about doing that these days. I was not able to get them to add Crysis or Mirror's Edge to my Origin account despite repeated attempts to do so and no matter how hard I begged.

They're very stingy about doing that these days. I was not able to get them to add Crysis or Mirror's Edge to my Origin account despite repeated attempts to do so and no matter how hard I begged.

Hmm didn't know about that and i'm surprised about your Mirrors Edge since it added normally for me (unless it was on steam first or something).

vazel

Banned
Hmm didn't know about that and i'm surprised about your Mirrors Edge since it added normally for me (unless it was on steam first or something).
Yea, my Mirror's Edge was from Steam. Lots of other people were able to activate it on Origin during Origin's early days but I got on the Origin bandwagon too late and wasn't able to get them to activate the game on Origin for me.

My copy of Crysis was from Gamersgate and they wouldn't activate that one either.

Zizbuka

Banned
Could anyone suggest some 1C games? I was watching some Youtube vids on Penumbra and Cryostasis and they seem to look and play like the Amnesia demo.

I think the Penumbra games were by the same team that did Amnesia. They're all very good, with maybe the best atmosphere ever. Be prepared to be scared.

Don't remember Gaf's thoughts on Cryostasis. I really liked it. Similar to Penumbra/Amnesia, very atmospheric. Again, be ready to immerse in the environment. Buy Penumbra (did Amazon have the trilogy for $5?) and get Cryostasis with your 'free' code.

Edit: Checked, Amazon has the Penumbra Collection (all 3 games) for $5. Grab it.

alf717

I think the Penumbra games were by the same team that did Amnesia. They're all very good, with maybe the best atmosphere ever. Be prepared to be scared.

Don't remember Gaf's thoughts on Cryostasis. I really liked it. Similar to Penumbra/Amnesia, very atmospheric. Again, be ready to immerse in the environment. Buy Penumbra (did Amazon have the trilogy for $5?) and get Cryostasis with your 'free' code.

Edit: Checked, Amazon has the Penumbra Collection (all 3 games) for $5. Grab it.

Thanks for the info. Sadly I missed the sale, maybe next time.

Lain

Grabbed the Deus EX: HR Augmented Edition deal (I'm glad it was redeemable on Steam) and saw the 4.99$ deal for Dungeon Siege 3. Is the game any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom