• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
It was probably discussed a thousand times, but is there a way to buy stuff off Amazon if I live outside Amazon? That Alice deal is super tempting.

daviyoung

Banned
Will I receive a code for Alice? The game is described as 'download' not as 'download game code', but it apparently requires Origin.

You'll get a code for Alice for sure, it'll be under 'I need download code only' or something like that once you complete checkout. Just buy it dude.

Why? The Amazon downloader isn't region restricted.

It isn't? Oh, ignore that then.

Apparently you should choose an address in Oregon because of sales tax. Although I haven't had tax added on any of my orders.

Aselith

Wasn't Syndicate on sale at the beginning of this sale for $25? Kinda sucks for the people who bought it on the first day, no?

Oh well, I didn't bite on 25 but I'll bite for 18.

Tony, when will the Crusader Kings II sale go live? I want to make sure I pick it up, so a heads-up would ensure it doesn't slip by me! PM me if you don't want to reveal when publicly.

No worries, sorry I hadn't stated this clearly. Crusaders Kings II, and the Plentiful Paradox Package (with Crusader Kings II plus some other games for $12.99) goes on sale at midnight-ish.

Cheers,
Tony

Chrysalis

So does the ME3 Digital Deluxe download still come with From Ashes? I was pretty sure that the page explicitly mentioned it when the game launched, and now I don't see it.

iqubal

Banned
Damn, amazons not letting me get Alice Madness Returns for the pc as I'm a canadian. If someone can be nice enough and buy it for me (just need the code), I can paypal them!!

thy_

Tony,
I just bought Saints Row 3, but it seems like I can't activate it on Steam while being in Germany.
Steam said:
Not Available

Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled.
I assume that message has something to do with the existence of a German low violence version, but I also noticed that the key for SR3 is listed as a "Product Code" in my Games and Software Library, while the rest of my games have a "Activation Key". Is there any difference between the two I need to be aware of?

And if the problem is on the Steam-side, is there any chance that Amazon will give me a refund even though I've already accessed the key?

Ledsen

Damn, amazons not letting me get Alice Madness Returns for the pc as I'm a canadian. If someone can be nice enough and buy it for me (just need the code), I can paypal them!!

Put an american address as your billing address. I'm from Sweden and I bought Alice and about ten other games over the last year without any problems.

FYI guys,

I'm headed out for most of the day to play with my new puppy.

http://i.imgur.com/fBH6i.jpg

I'll be online again this evening if you have any questions. Just a reminder. Mass Effect deal ends today, 1 day only, as in on Sunday it will be back to full price.

The same goes for TERA and the Square Enix stuff.

Paradox sale starts tomorrow.

Deals running 5/27-6/2:

Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (only for 2 days then off sale)
Crusader Kings II - $9.99 (only for 2 days, then moving to $14.99)
Magicka Collection - $4.99 - got this in due to the request in thread.
Sword of the Stars II- $7.49
Sword of the Stars - The complete collection - $4.99

Des0lar

will learn eventually
FYI guys,

I'm headed out for most of the day to play with my new puppy.

http://i.imgur.com/fBH6i.jpg

I'll be online again this evening if you have any questions. Just a reminder. Mass Effect deal ends today, 1 day only, as in on Sunday it will be back to full price.

The same goes for TERA and the Square Enix stuff.

Paradox sale starts tomorrow.

Deals running 5/27-6/2:

Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (only for 2 days then off sale)
Crusader Kings II - $9.99 (only for 2 days, then moving to $14.99)
Magicka Collection - $4.99 - got this in due to the request in thread.
Sword of the Stars II- $7.49
Sword of the Stars - The complete collection - $4.99

Paradox bundle is very tempting. Steam keys?

Edit: My operations guy hopped on and fixed it, all is well now :)

FYI guys, I'm having issues with the Paradox bundle, can't get a buy box to show up. As soon as I have progress I will update. Sorry for the delay, I'll work on trying to get the deal extended to make up for the time lost.

Cheers,
Tony

Catshade

FYI guys, I'm having issues with the Paradox bundle, can't get a buy box to show up. As soon as I have progress I will update. Sorry for the delay, I'll work on trying to get the deal extended to make up for the time lost.

Cheers,
Tony

The buy box is up, but looks like you forgot to apply the discount. ;)

I've been waiting on a great deal for Saints Row 3 so I'm jumping on that price as well. I doubt it'll be that cheap during Steam's Summer sale, anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh man, totally just made the connection between them and Pathologic. That's interesting.
Cargo's pretty fun and weird in classic IPL style, but I felt the game was being weird just for the sake of it, and I don't really care for that unless it's tied to a wonderful gameplay (say, like, Katamari games).

The Void is one of my favorite games in recent memory, so I feel so bad about not being able to get past Pathologic's bizarre translation. I'm actually considering learning some russian just to play that game. I mean, how hard can it be and I doubt it's something more complicated than I could learn in, say, a few years. Besides, learning new languages is probably good for Alzheimer's :p

Sye d'Burns

I ended up getting FM2012. I don't even have a basic understanding of soccer but the game has always intrigued me. I love my spreadsheets. I am going to be so lost.

zkylon

zkylewd
I ended up getting FM2012. I don't even have a basic understanding of soccer but the game has always intrigued me. I love my spreadsheets. I am going to be so lost.
Heh, I know a lot of soccer (people here in Argentina would kill me for calling it that) and I got easily overwhelmed with the Football Manager games, but they're a lot of fun and weirdly addictive

bigace33

Seems the Mass Effect series is where i kinda get shafted price wise buying from Amazon :(

Nothing to buy this time around *whew*

I don't regret buying ME3 off of Amazon because they gave me 2 free games with it (dragon age origins, and deadspace). Some people had issues installing the Amazong version of ME3, so they gave everybody vouchers for 2 free games from EA. B^)

Sye d'Burns

Heh, I know a lot of soccer (people here in Argentina would kill me for calling it that) and I got easily overwhelmed with the Football Manager games, but they're a lot of fun and weirdly addictive

Heh, I really should've said football. If the people in Argentina get angry at you, just tell them you were talking to one of my kind and, thus, you had to use small words. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom