• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarques

Amazon.com recommends "Square Enix Ultimate Collection [Download]

QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82uNZb9uRwGXF1-eNv85sPpUuV8aHGbz2e3pQmrRhfHuObVQTNMUShzZr7UBvFfJ02wfdqYE_0diu6Fdb_uwLlGQAJtU9VDwUMK5dbmz30pwFRbgrmvylg83XQ.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Europa Universalis III: Chronicles is 50% off ($14.99) right now. It's just a decent discount, but if you bought Paradox Plentiful Pack before, you're qualified for $23 promotional credit for the game, which makes it totally FREE. Grab it now while Tony is still playing with his puppies! :D

Surprised more people haven't jumped on this, one of the best deals ever got even more ridiculous.

Also updated the OP with this weeks deal.
6/10-6/16
Risen DRM FREE-$5.99

Sagitario

I find it odd that Amazon's MP3 Download checks IP address when purchasing and Game Download doesn't.

[I was trying to buy some MP3s :(]

Derrick01

Banned
Hey Tony do you guys plan to beat some of Steam's sales again whenever their summer sale starts? I know you guys did some in the winter one, like I bought MW3 on Steam for $45 I think it was and you guys offered it for $30 I believe later in the day. I love that kind of competition.

Hey Tony do you guys plan to beat some of Steam's sales again whenever their summer sale starts? I know you guys did some in the winter one, like I bought MW3 on Steam for $45 I think it was and you guys offered it for $30 I believe later in the day. I love that kind of competition.

We'll have some awesome sales during that time period, obviously I don't know what they will be running but I'd be shocked if they had deals as killer as some of the stuff we've put together.

For example we're going to have a THQ bundle for $14.99 with:

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC
5. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
6. Nexuiz

We'll also be bringing back that Paradox bundle from before but we're also adding 2 new bundles:

$19.99 with:

1. Victoria II (Steam Version)
2. Crusader Kings II
3. Crusader Kings II DLC:
• Ruler Design DLC
• Mongols DLC
• Dynasty Shields DLC
• Songs of the Faith DLC
• Songs of the Holy Land DLC
• Songs of Albion DLC
4. Magicka Collection
5. Magicka Stars Are Left DLC
6. Warlock: Master of the Arcane
7. Majesty 2 Collection
8. Majesty Gold HD

and then, so the people who bought the first bundle don't feel like they got a raw deal for buying early we'll have another bundle from paradox for $7.49 with:

1. Crusader Kings II DLC:
• Ruler Design DLC
• Mongols DLC
• Dynasty Shields DLC
• Songs of the Faith DLC
• Songs of the Holy Land DLC
• Songs of Albion DLC
2. Warlock: Master of the Arcane
3. Majesty 2 Collection
4. Majesty Gold HD

There is a bunch of other stuff we'll be running (and I don't want to give EVERYTHING away early) but that should give you a look into the quality of what we're putting together.

Tony, is Quantum Conundrum DRM-free or do I need to use Steam again?

So far it appears to be Steam only.

We haven't seen any recent Squenix/Eidos titles drop Steamworks for anyone.

It is Steam only.

Cheers,
Tony

Damnit Tony can't wait to see what you guys have in store.

Yeah this is going to be so good.

Holy shit @ that $7.49 one.

Hopefully it is. What we've found in past periods like this (just before the holiday sale) is that we actually do ourselves a disservice by trying to run killer deals just before and during the major promotional periods in the channel, because (as I'm sure you've seen) a lot of customers "wait" to see what else is going on in the channel. Then they get upset and ask us to re-run the better deals we had that they missed.

I'm hoping this time will be different but I can tell you that I'm going to try to slowly release our best deals, and depending on how the early ones perform I might shift some of the best ones into a later time period so we don't just waste running them.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, how come none of the Paradox bundles have any of the Mount & Blade games? Too many strategy games imo.

Good question, we've run Paradox bundles in the past with M&B in them and they didn't perform nearly as well as the strategy packs. We'll look at another one with M&B in it, but I try to build things that people tell me they want to buy (by voting with their wallet).

Cheers,
Tony

Good question, we've run Paradox bundles in the past with M&B in them and they didn't perform nearly as well as the strategy packs. We'll look at another one with M&B in it, but I try to build things that people tell me they want to buy (by voting with their wallet).

Cheers,
Tony

How about something older that rolls in the better RPGs? I'd love to get Baldur's Gate II along with some other great games in a bundle.

How about something older that rolls in the better RPGs? I'd love to get Baldur's Gate II along with some other great games in a bundle.

That's an awesome suggestion, and RPGs are definitely some of our bread and butter (thank you Dragon Age and Divinity II :) ).

The deal with packs/bundles is we currently only bundle stuff from the same publisher together, as cool as it would be to put together an "RPG all star pack" the logistics behind doing so are insane.

Not saying it could never happen, but right now I don't see it in the immediate future.

Cheers,
Tony

diffusionx

Gold Member
I get this error when I install: 0x800b0100

It gets maybe 10% through when the error pops up.

If I try to go through "game.msi" instead of setup.exe (something I've seen online at a few places), I get an error about media1.cab.

PC GAMING

Sysgen

Disable your anti virus.

Keep the original d/l

D/l to a new directory.

That should work. If another cab is corrupted then take that cab from the other download.

Amazon has plenty of users with this problem because the d/l manager is awful.

I bought this and can't get the install to work. Evidently I'm not alone. Be careful.

http://www.amazon.com/Installation-...d_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0058KRA0K

What's the actual problem you're having?

I get this error when I install: 0x800b0100

It gets maybe 10% through when the error pops up.

If I try to go through "game.msi" instead of setup.exe (something I've seen online at a few places), I get an error about media1.cab.

PC GAMING

Thanks for the heads up and more importantly sorry for the inconvenience. I'm going to forward this over to our operations team for investigation. I'm also going to hit up our CS group to see if this is widespread.

Thanks again, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony

Sysgen

Thanks for the heads up and more importantly sorry for the inconvenience. I'm going to forward this over to our operations team for investigation. I'm also going to hit up our CS group to see if this is widespread.

Thanks again, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony

This has been going on for a long time and it's a travesty that it has not been addressed yet. Why don't you add crc checking and build re-download mechanism of individual files into your d/l manager. Maybe you know, make it easier for your customers. Being a good storefront isn't always about sale prices.

This has been going on for a long time and it's a travesty that it has not been addressed yet. Why don't you add crc checking and build re-download mechanism of individual files into your d/l manager. Maybe you know, make it easier for your customers. Being a good storefront isn't always about sale prices.

Thanks for the feedback, I forward this kind of feedback on to our engineering team whenever I see it. I don't have any specific information on this particular issue, if I get some I will definitely share it with you guys.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We definitely don't want our customers to experience any friction in their purchase/download/installation process.

Cheers,
Tony

That's an awesome suggestion, and RPGs are definitely some of our bread and butter (thank you Dragon Age and Divinity II :) ).

The deal with packs/bundles is we currently only bundle stuff from the same publisher together, as cool as it would be to put together an "RPG all star pack" the logistics behind doing so are insane.

Not saying it could never happen, but right now I don't see it in the immediate future.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmm. So when I check BGII, Hasbro is the publisher.

And they also published these gems, apparently:
Baldur's Gate I and II
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale Complete 1 and 2
The Temple of Elemental Evil (no idea what this is)
D&D: Dragonshard
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (apparently an underrated gem)

Now THAT could be an interesting pack!

Sysgen

Thanks for the feedback, I forward this kind of feedback on to our engineering team whenever I see it. I don't have any specific information on this particular issue, if I get some I will definitely share it with you guys.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We definitely don't want our customers to experience any friction in their purchase/download/installation process.

Cheers,
Tony

This one is from June 15th. I've seen these kind of reviews for this game going back to last year.

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION, June 15, 2012
By Dao - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition [Download] (Software Download)
This review is not about the content of the game, nor is it about the other versions of the game--this review chronicles my brief and bad experience with the PC Digital Download version of this game. As for the quality of the game itself, it is superb. If you haven't played it, get it...but be careful and limit your exposure time otherwise it will absorb your social life for a week or two.

Here I will list my reasons for why you should only get the PC hard copy or console versions of this game:

1.) The physical PC copy is cheaper than the download! It's about $15 vs. $25.

2.) Amazon's download support is NOT TO BE TRUSTED AT THIS TIME. I downloaded ALL 12.40 gigabytes only for an error message to pop up when it was extracting saying nothing tangible or coherent. After the error message, the slate was wiped clean; my completed download progress was erased and I had to start over. NOT HAPPENING. 12.4 gigabytes costs a lot of $$$ in terms of bandwidth; it is a ridiculously huge amount. That's MONTHS of internet capacity. And unless you have a really solid and high-speed internet connection, it will take a whole week to download. Furthermore, other reviewers (search below) have had issues of corrupted files around the 70% progress mark. Maybe in the future Amazon will be able to deliver reliable digital downloads, but NOT NOW! Do not buy.

3.) In my experience Amazon's customer service has been entirely unhelpful with this issue. After I described the problem for them, they said "we could not determine the exact reason you have encountered this problem". Again, nix the digital download version--not reliable.

Conclusion: I have bona-fide buyer's remorse! I definitely should have gotten the physical version. The worst part about this is that Amazon's policy does NOT ALLOW RETURNS for digital download software products!

On the bright side the price for the PC hard copy is the cheapest you'll find anywhere. And considering that it's loaded with every extra expansion content they made for this game, it's a fantastic deal, take it. Just NOT THE DOWNLOAD VERSION.

Have a great day everyone!

Franky, Gamersgate has the same issues. If you get corrupted your screwed. I've been able to get by this by downloading multiple times and putting the pieces together. Most users have no clue so they just give up or complain to your customer service (which is stellar) and get a refund. This is a nightmare for users on slow connections and those with limited bandwidth.

You can have all the 5 games for $12.50 sales you want. If I can't download them intact then your price means nothing to me.

Hmmm. So when I check BGII, Hasbro is the publisher.

And they also published these gems, apparently:
Baldur's Gate I and II
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale Complete 1 and 2
The Temple of Elemental Evil (no idea what this is)
D&D: Dragonshard
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (apparently an underrated gem)

Now THAT could be an interesting pack!

I totally agree with that, as soon as we get the Hasbro RPG's I plan on trying to put something together similar to what you've got above. The Forgotten Realms game you listed as an underrated gem is pretty awesome from what I remember. It has been years since I've played it.

I've also played around with various packs from some of our smaller publishers like these guys:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_v...node=468642&field-brandtextbin=Amaranth Games

I'm still trying to gather more sales velocity data from our broad sales to see if I think I could make a pack worthwhile, and what price point I'd need to get it to in order to make it work.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom