• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

That Paradox bundle is an incredible deal. I'm looking forward to trying out Crusader Kings II.
Even if CK2 is the only game in the bundle you play, it's worth it. Fantastic game that seems way too complicated at first, but after going through the tutorial everything just makes sense. Trumping up territory claims, raising armies, rewarding your loyal vassals, killing off the ones you don't like, and occasionally bowing to the pope in Rome. I'm impressed how well it all comes together.

Even if CK2 is the only game in the bundle you play, it's worth it. Fantastic game that seems way too complicated at first, but after going through the tutorial everything just makes sense. Trumping up territory claims, raising armies, rewarding your loyal vassals, killing off the ones you don't like, and occasionally bowing to the pope in Rome. I'm impressed how well it all comes together.

That's awesome to hear. I've been wanting to play a Paradox grand strategy game for a while, and this seems like the perfect way to get started.

I ended up biting on the Paradox Bundle, even though I already have Magicka (but not the Stars are Left DLC) and Sword of the Stars Complete. I primarily wanted Crusader Kings II after watching the Giant Bomb Quicklook, so I figured that SotS2, Victoria 2, and the Magicka SAL DLC were worth the extra $2.50

My purchases for this sale:
- Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY edition (I ended up buying the Korea/Wonders DLC combo pack on Steam too, so my set would be complete)
- Total War: Shogun 2
- Plentiful Paradox Package (Crusader Kings II, Magicka Stars are Left DLC, Victoria 2, Sword of the Stars 2, Magicka, Sword of the Stars)

That Paradox bundle is an incredible deal. I'm looking forward to trying out Crusader Kings II.

That's awesome to hear. I've been wanting to play a Paradox grand strategy game for a while, and this seems like the perfect way to get started.

I ended up biting on the Paradox Bundle, even though I already have Magicka (but not the Stars are Left DLC) and Sword of the Stars Complete. I primarily wanted Crusader Kings II after watching the Giant Bomb Quicklook, so I figured that SotS2, Victoria 2, and the Magicka SAL DLC were worth the extra $2.50

My purchases for this sale:
- Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY edition (I ended up buying the Korea/Wonders DLC combo pack on Steam too, so my set would be complete)
- Total War: Shogun 2
- Plentiful Paradox Package (Crusader Kings II, Magicka Stars are Left DLC, Victoria 2, Sword of the Stars 2, Magicka, Sword of the Stars)

Glad you're all digging the sale :) :). The Paradox deal just got better:

I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

Europa Universalis III Chronicles

and 1 for

The Hearts of Iron III Collection

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Just an FYI, for those who already purchased the bundle. I need to wait for my systems to catch up with all the data from the weekend, so you'll likely receive your email with promo credits mid-late day tomorrow...you'll get them though :).

Cheers,
Tony

Really would like to see Kane and Lynch 2 on there for sale...been fiending to kill some robbers and take their monies...

it recently was but in a bundle along with Just Cause 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light , Tomb Raider Underworld and Supreme Commander 2 for the low price of $7.49.

Not sure how Amazon can get such crazy deals

it recently was but in a bundle along with Just Cause 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light , Tomb Raider Underworld and Supreme Commander 2 for the low price of $7.49.

The only reason I didnt get was because I already had Just Cause 2... =/

should have just bought the bundle and gave the Just cause 2 code away... =/

Rootbeer

Banned
Proud owner of a Plentiful Paradox Package thanks to the amazing new Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II!!! I already owned Magicka but what the heck!

Amazon, thanks for continuing to offer Steam keys when possible, it is truly what most gamers prefer and you'll always get my business when this is recognized :)

And Tony, thanks for being a part of the NeoGAF community :D

The square bundle for $7.49 for five big name games really was the best bargain. I was able to give one game away to a friend who was very happy and will most likely be paid back with something better down the road, plus I get four top games in my steam account to add to my ever growing backlog.

Thanks Tony.

DenisQc

Glad you're all digging the sale :) :). The Paradox deal just got better:

I just got off the phone with Paradox.

We're going to extend this sale through the end of the week (6/2) since it is doing so well.

More importantly though. Everyone who purchased the Plentiful Paradox Package, and everyone who chooses to purchase it this week, will get 2 $23 promotional credits, 1 for

Europa Universalis III Chronicles

and 1 for

The Hearts of Iron III Collection

That will make both of these games $6 each for those of you looking to round out your Paradox Grand Strategy collection.

Just a note that we won't start giving out the credits until tomorrow likely. There are a couple of people that I need to click a button here and there to turn the promotion on...and I think they are eating burgers right now...

Just an FYI, for those who already purchased the bundle. I need to wait for my systems to catch up with all the data from the weekend, so you'll likely receive your email with promo credits mid-late day tomorrow...you'll get them though :).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony !
Got the credits in my mail :)
And probably won't sleep tonight...

The square bundle for $7.49 for five big name games really was the best bargain. I was able to give one game away to a friend who was very happy and will most likely be paid back with something better down the road, plus I get four top games in my steam account to add to my ever growing backlog.

Thanks Tony.

So i assume they game you gave away was Tomb Raider Underworld :p

anyways there was no way i could pass up that deal when a game in there is basically lauded by gamers (Just Cause 2) and i liked the amount of Guardian of Light i played from the 360 demo.

Just bought that Paradox bundle only because I'm really into Game of Thrones right now. I don't even usually buy strategy games lol.
Maybe these will convert me.

KillerAJD

Awesome, the day after the sale ends Arma 2 and company are put back up for their original price -_- Oh well, now to wait for the next awesome sale! I'm quite impressed with Amazon's (Including Tony's) commitment to awesome deals. At this point I think I'd rather go through Amazon than even Steam considering Amazon's awesome customer service.

Ledsen

Just bought that Paradox bundle only because I'm really into Game of Thrones right now. I don't even usually buy strategy games lol.
Maybe these will convert me.

I recommend starting with Crusader Kings II. It seems to be the easiest to get into AND it has the Game of Thrones mod.

Awesome, the day after the sale ends Arma 2 and company are put back up for their original price -_- Oh well, now to wait for the next awesome sale! I'm quite impressed with Amazon's (Including Tony's) commitment to awesome deals. At this point I think I'd rather go through Amazon than even Steam considering Amazon's awesome customer service.

Yeah, I got an email with more codes in my inbox at like 5AM...awesome way to wake up :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Amazon is seriously becoming a powerhouse.

Better deals than Steam at times, and Amazon Instant Video removes the need for a cable bill.

Amazon is seriously becoming a powerhouse.

Better deals than Steam at times, and Amazon Instant Video removes the need for a cable bill.

:) Glad you're digging the deals and loving our services!

Definitely, since I only watch Cheers and Doctor Who.

Not everyone wants to have a cable bill, not everyone wants a TV. Being able to only purchase shows you actually are interested in as oppose to a package.... that's appealing to some people.

I haven't had cable in years and don't regret it at all. I do regret watching The Dresden Files on demand though...love the books so much the series made me die a little inside.

I have 333hrs in my FM2012, oh boy :(

How many hours are you at now?

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

Question for you. I'm going to be out of pocket all next week at E3. I've got 3 communities I participate in regularly (here, CAG, and /r/gamedeals). I've offered to post pics of cool stuff my team and I see at E3 while we're there and post in these forums.

CAG sounds like they are down for it. The response from /r/gamedeals is mixed.

Thoughts? Do you want to see stuff from E3? Let me know either way.

Cheers,
Tony

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Hey guys,

Question for you. I'm going to be out of pocket all next week at E3. I've got 3 communities I participate in regularly (here, CAG, and /r/gamedeals). I've offered to post pics of cool stuff my team and I see at E3 while we're there and post in these forums.

Cheers,
Tony

I would like to see cool stuff from E3 :)

graywolf323

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

that'd be awesome

Derrick01

Banned
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Sure I wouldn't mind at all. I've never had the opportunity to go to one so I have no idea what it's like other than long lines at various demo stations.

E3 pics are always welcome.

Sure I wouldn't mind at all. I've never had the opportunity to go to one so I have no idea what it's like other than long lines at various demo stations.

My dad calls it "the new Wild West".

I have to agree.

It's 100% a business show, though. Don't go in expecting Comic-Con. Everyone is going to be in suits and holding briefcases filled with graphs and sales reports. The lunch area is filled with stock talk.

Derrick01

Banned
NBA and MLB for 20 total AND steam?

And I said I wouldn't spend any more money, hah.

By the way how does Amazon get steam versions for non steamworks games? I think I missed any explanation when you started talking about offering choices Tony.

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Yes, please. :)

Sajjaja

Did anyone else notice that the Paradox bundle is actually $10 more expensive than if yuo bought it individually on Amazon?

Sordid

Are XBL codes region free? I know points cards aren't but I'm sure I read that US 12 month XBL cards are (I'm in the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom