• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK list Earthbound for Wii U.

noal

Banned
If I remember correctly it has been up for over a week. I saw it but just assumed that everybody goes through all the pages of Wii U games just like me; like a hobby of sorts.

Probably a mistake though.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Sounds just like Nintendo to revive an old franchise.

Persona86

Banned
This will be nothing. Don't get your hopes up.

fb0g.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
Even better, Iwata or Miyamoto during the E3 Nintendo Direct:

"Every game in the Mother/Earthbound series on 1 retail disc
Bonus soundtrack CD included
A dozen scratch-n-sniff stickers included

In-game full color 180 page strategy guide, one for each game
$29.99 retail, exchange rate adjusted for Europe
10 languages, including English and Japanese, available for each game

Oh, and it'll be available *dramatic pause*... right now. On store shelves this very moment."

Imagine the bombs.

cant wait to scratch and sniff this guy
EBPoo.jpg

that indeed would be beautiful. too bad nintendo is not atlus.

brainpann

Hmm, that looks like a 3DS price. I wouldnt be surprised if it were a 3d remake compilation with bonus materials for the 3DS.

The battles in the Mother/Earthbound series would be fantastic and trippy in 3D.

Instro

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahhhhahahahahhhhhhhhhhAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ha

giapel

Their abominable Donkey Kong games are bad enough and I have little love for DK. Retro Earthbound without the involvement of Itoi? What a nightmare.

While I agree there's no Earthbound without Itoi, abominable? Really?

beta_fuse

The fact that they are releasing Earthbound for the Virtual Console has me believing that if this is legit, it will not be a compilation. Hopefully it is a remake of some kind or a brand new game. Fingers crossed for any of the above!

Davey Cakes

Well, Europe never got the game before so maybe they'll release it differently over there, or have other options for purchase.

With Nintendo's recent trend of handicraft style graphics (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Nintendoland, Yoshi's Island Wii U), wouldn't something similar be really cool for an Earthbound Wii U game? Maybe something that resembles the original clay/plastic concept figurines (I always wanted to have those as a kid) in a toyish/claymation kind of world. Or maybe something in the style of the pencil concept art of Earthbound.
Not like this is real or anything...

Persona86

Banned
I need to know when they put that image!

Looks like December 2010.

Artwork at the top of the page says "New Project Starts, Seeking Developers."

Available positions include programmer, 2D designer, planner, effect designer, 3DCG designer and motion designer.

Monolith Soft is the developer of such games as Xenoblade (Wii), Baten Kaitos (GameCube), Super Robot Taisen OG Saga (DS), Dragon Ball Kai (DS) and Disaster Day of Crisis (Wii). The studio is a subsidiary of Nintendo, but does continue to work with other publishers like Namco Bandai.
http://andriasang.com/comsu9/monolith_recruit/

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Even better, Iwata or Miyamoto during the E3 Nintendo Direct:

"Every game in the Mother/Earthbound series on 1 retail disc
Bonus soundtrack CD included
A dozen scratch-n-sniff stickers included
In-game full color 180 page strategy guide, one for each game
$29.99 retail, exchange rate adjusted for Europe
10 languages, including English and Japanese, available for each game

Oh, and it'll be available *dramatic pause*... right now. On store shelves this very moment."

Imagine the bombs.

Lost it after the scratch-n-sniff stickers... I'd kill to get a Master Belch one now though...

Neiteio

A Mother collection with Zero and translated Mother 3 would be so HYPE I could hardly contain myself. Make it a limited run and you'll sell 'em all, Ninty.

Joqu

Guys that listing is totally bullshit made up by Amazon. Seriously.

Getting my hopes up because of you fools ;_;

Tadale

Willing to be it's a download code, and the price is just a default number.

EDIT: I wouldn't want a new Mother game without Itoi.

Top Bottom