• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

JPS Kai

Wouldn't I deserve the $10 credit everyone got for the "hassle" since I paid full price for the collector's edition regardless if I get my watch or not?

I'd say no. It's linked to the buyer's account and there wouldn't be an easy way to transfer the voucher.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Got my watch today. The case was broken and had globs of glue on it. I haven't had a chance to look at the watch in detail yet. I also got a confirmation they'd waived all the shipping fees with it. Hope this sorry mess can be at an end now.

GppWWsp.jpg

So has anyone getting their watch sent to Europe had the tracking completely stuck in the US? My watch has been in Columbus, OH for 9 days now yet is supposedly due to be delivered tomorrow according to Amazon (fat chance of that happening).

chrono01

So, after it seemed like Amazon wasn't going to find some work-around for the extra duty fees, I gave them an email. Here's their response:

"This is Sen writing in from the Marketing and Promotions team.

I understand that you'd like to know why you're being asked to pay for the second watch you're entitled to because of your purchase for the two copies of Zero Escape 3 - Limited Watch Bonus Edition.

I've looked into the matter and can confirm that while the first watch was sent a code for via an email to our valuable customers, for customers who placed more than one order for the game will be receiving the rest of the watches directly from Amazon within 5-7 business days, as per the information from the relevant teams working to resolve this issue.

Additionally, the cost of one of the watches (which you were provided the promotional funds for) should fully cover the cost of the import + any extraneous charges resulting from the order. In case you're charged more than $600 towards this singular purchase, please let us know immediately, so that we can waive off any additional charges.

Please feel free to respond directly to this email, just in case you do not receive the second watch (free of charge) within the timeline specified above (counting from the date of this email being sent to you), and rest assured, we'll be taking further action.

Your patience and understanding has been phenomenal so far in this matter, and we hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Sen"

So, it sounds like they're sending out watches (for those that didn't receive a second discount for a free watch, if you made multiple orders) on their own, without the user needing to do anything. It does nothing to help me on being refunded on the duty tax for the first one, but if this is the case, I might just opt not to order the order through their website (with the promotional credit) and instead wait for the second one to come in the mail (if it works like it's supposed to). I'll be missing out on one of the two watches I was supposed to receive with this edition (since I ordered two of them, one for the 3DS and the other for the Vita) but at least I wouldn't have to deal with duty. Or maybe I'll just order it and the contact them back, I haven't decided yet.

hayejin

So, after it seemed like Amazon wasn't going to find some work-around for the extra duty fees, I gave them an email. Here's their response:

"This is Sen writing in from the Marketing and Promotions team.

I understand that you'd like to know why you're being asked to pay for the second watch you're entitled to because of your purchase for the two copies of Zero Escape 3 - Limited Watch Bonus Edition.

I've looked into the matter and can confirm that while the first watch was sent a code for via an email to our valuable customers, for customers who placed more than one order for the game will be receiving the rest of the watches directly from Amazon within 5-7 business days, as per the information from the relevant teams working to resolve this issue.

Additionally, the cost of one of the watches (which you were provided the promotional funds for) should fully cover the cost of the import + any extraneous charges resulting from the order. In case you're charged more than $600 towards this singular purchase, please let us know immediately, so that we can waive off any additional charges.

Please feel free to respond directly to this email, just in case you do not receive the second watch (free of charge) within the timeline specified above (counting from the date of this email being sent to you), and rest assured, we'll be taking further action.

Your patience and understanding has been phenomenal so far in this matter, and we hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Sen"

So, it sounds like they're sending out watches (for those that didn't receive a second discount for a free watch, if you made multiple orders) on their own, without the user needing to do anything. It does nothing to help me on being refunded on the duty tax for the first one, but if this is the case, I might just opt not to order the order through their website (with the promotional credit) and instead wait for the second one to come in the mail (if it works like it's supposed to). I'll be missing out on one of the two watches I was supposed to receive with this edition (since I ordered two of them, one for the 3DS and the other for the Vita) but at least I wouldn't have to deal with duty. Or maybe I'll just order it and the contact them back, I haven't decided yet.

They did do that earlier two weeks ago. I received my missing watches from multiple 3DS order.

But I was still missing one watch from One Vita and One 3DS order and I've been emailing them about it all this week. Twice I talked to CS and was basically told to take a hike b/c according to their promo/business dept, it's one watch per customer and that was final.

If they do go through with it and send you the watches, you will not receive any emails about it. I was aware only two weeks ago to expect the watches b/c UPS emailed me to expect packages from amazon due to my UPS account setup.

chrono01

They did do that earlier two weeks ago. I received my missing watches from multiple 3DS order.

But I was still missing one watch from One Vita and One 3DS order and I've been emailing them about it all this week. Twice I talked to CS and was basically told to take a hike b/c according to their promo/business dept, it's one watch per customer and that was final.

If they do go through with it and send you the watches, you will not receive any emails about it. I was aware only two weeks ago to expect the watches b/c UPS emailed me to expect packages from amazon due to my UPS account setup.
Thanks for confirming!

I guess I'll wait and see if I get that UPS confirmation, then. Granted, I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if Amazon will use UPS for this or not, it could be standard mail and take a decent amount of time to arrive. If I don't hear anything in the time quoted, I'll send them another email.

I just hope, after all of this time, that the watch I do receive (if any) isn't too badly-damaged.

hayejin

Thanks for confirming!

I guess I'll wait and see if I get that UPS confirmation, then. Granted, I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if Amazon will use UPS for this or not, it could be standard mail and take a decent amount of time to arrive. If I don't hear anything in the time quoted, I'll send them another email.

I just hope, after all of this time, that the watch I do receive (if any) isn't too badly-damaged.

The ones I got two weeks ago had new plastic wrapper and were shipped in boxes.

I think they exhausted all the broken ones.

chrono01

Great news!

Still, I feel bad for those not as fortunate. I've seen some images of the broken, ones, it's pretty heart-breaking. :/

hunnies28

So guys. My GF is selling her copy of the game + watch ( both new). She couldn't handle the wait and ended up buying the game on the eshop. I figured I would ask here if anyone's interested in it before trying the b/s/t thread. I would also like to ask how much would you guys consider a fair price for it.

That's different from what they told me last week. Hmmm. Still waiting for my second watch.

Ephidel

Finally got them to sort my refund for the import fees, although I can't seem to get them to waive the postage. I guess $5.49 isn't terrible, especially compared to the horrific import fees, but I can't help but feel I shouldn't really be stuck with that either :|
Now just to wait and see what state my watch is in when it arrives, I guess.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

My one came in that plastic wrapper too. The case was still broken. Watch seems to be fine though, so I'm glad this mess is over now.

So after my first watch was "lost" (I don't feel particularly ingratiated to USPS so I'm more inclined to say it was stolen), Amazon agreed to send me a replacement.

That just came today, and my watch is flawless. A piece of the case is broken on the inside, but I don't mind that very much.

Finally done.

IronRinn

Hahaha, I contacted Amazon about the other two watches I haven't received and they gave me a phone number, email, and website for Aksys and told me to contact them and extended my Prime membership for a month.

Flandy

Hahaha, I contacted Amazon about the other two watches I haven't received and they gave me a phone number, email, and website for Aksys and told me to contact them and extended my Prime membership for a month.
Lol they give me their number and didn't give me any prime or anything

Fro-

Neo Member

This wasn't the case for me. My replacement came yesterday, didn't come in a wrapper, had a glue spot on one side, one tiny crack in the case, and had a date of 7/3. The watch is fine, but this is clearly an original shipment watch. It probably depends on the warehouse it shipped from.

So did Amazon actually send you as many watches as copies of the game you ordered? If so, how did the process work? I ordered a PS Vita and 3DS version and they've been very cagey about actually providing an answer as to how to get both of the watches. This is the latest message they sent on the 15th:

Hello,­

My name is Tagore and I'm from Amazon promotions team

I understand your concern regarding the 'Limited Watch Bonus Edition' associated with you order #XXXXXXXXXXXX

I also understand that you've ordered for 1 Nintendo 3DS and 1 PlayStation Vita and you've received $600 promotional certificate for one of the item for which you can place the order for the watch from the given link below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW9ALUG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Further be assured you will also be receiving a Zero Time Dilemma: Bonus Watch for the other item

We've been contacted by our business team­ stating that the manufacturer will be ta­king 5-7 business days to deliver the 'Zero Time Dilemma: Bonus Watch' at your door step.

To help you further, I will personally followup on this issue until the issue is resolved.

I really appreciate your patience and co-operation in this matter.

We constantly thrive to satisfy our custo­ers, your happiness is our pride

We value your correspondence with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use­the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,­
Tagore vas­

I've heard that the "manufacturer will be ta­king 5-7 business days to deliver the 'Zero Time Dilemma: Bonus Watch' at your door step" part is supposed to be interpreted as, "they'll send another one if you order the first", but it seems really vague, and I haven't received anything now that it's 8 days later. I've been holding off on ordering the first watch, because if I do I feel they may be more unlikely to help if I don't get the second.

If anyone has had success getting the amount of watches as they ordered copies of the game, please let me know how that was done. Thank you!

(BTW, if I try to order two copies, it says I have "$620" dollars of credit. I think that extra $20 is from the $10 credit I got for each version I ordered, which I was hoping to save for later. I've tried to apply it to other games now to use it before trying to order the watch, in fear that if I did order the watch before using the $20 credit it would disappear, and I've had no luck.

It used to show up for video game orders at the payout part of an order, before checkout, but now it doesn't show. The page that displays the promotional credit an account has still shows it for me, but now it doesn't want to apply to anything. If anyone can let me know if they've still got their $20 credit after ordering their watch(es) or have had the same issue as I've described, I'd really appreciate the help.)

grim-tales

I got my watch yesterday, not opened it yet. The label on it says "New" but the box had a big crack in it and some glob of glue on the back.

dgco86

Well, my watches arrived and both cases were cracked. I wonder why Amazon doesn't seem to take cost into consideration when deciding how to ship certain items.

Anyway, I'm really sick of talking to clueless Amazon reps about these watches so I'll just shove them in the back of my cupboard and try to forget this whole mess ever happened.

I spoke to customer support again yesterday and they processed the Import Fee Deposit refund pretty much immediately, so now at least I won't have $90 coming off my card. The watch itself is still stuck in the same Landmark facility in Columbus though, Amazon's worst postage estimate places delivery at Oct 5th so if it doesn't arrive by then I'll have to get in contact AGAIN to get another sent out.

Remind me to never pre-order an Aksys game again.

As someone who dealt through a scalper, I finally managed to receive my bonus watch earlier in the week and, thankfully, it arrived without receiving any sort of the horrendous damage that's well documented in previous posts. With two blotches of glue on the casing, I suppose it's safe to assume this copy derived from the botched batch, but everything else does appear to be in acceptable condition outside of two cracks on the plastic shell. Does anyone know if the side buttons are intentionally wobbly? I thought the knob was about to snap off when I touched it, but it feels loose by design and I was able to activate the display without fault. Overall quality does feel admittedly cheap with the strap itself being pure rubber and the center piece appears to have been made with minimal detail to evoke its video game counterpart. It partly sours my desire to chase after the previous two pre-order watches even with Danny at Aksys suggesting the desire for a potential reprint of them. Although I might not have been at the forefront of this debacle, I hope folk continue to wag their finger at the publisher as they can certainly buckle down and do tremendously better with their customer relations.

hayejin

As someone who dealt through a scalper, I finally managed to receive my bonus watch earlier in the week and, thankfully, it arrived without receiving any sort of the horrendous damage that's well documented in previous posts. With two blotches of glue on the casing, I suppose it's safe to assume this copy derived from the botched batch, but everything else does appear to be in acceptable condition outside of two cracks on the plastic shell. Does anyone know if the side buttons are intentionally wobbly? I thought the knob was about to snap off when I touched it, but it feels loose by design and I was able to activate the display without fault. Overall quality does feel admittedly cheap with the strap itself being pure rubber and the center piece appears to have been made with minimal detail to evoke its video game counterpart. It partly sours my desire to chase after the previous two pre-order watches even with Danny at Aksys suggesting the desire for a potential reprint of them. Although I might not have been at the forefront of this debacle, I hope folk continue to wag their finger at the publisher as they can certainly buckle down and do tremendously better with their customer relations.

Second game watch is crap. Probably worse than current game watch.
But first game's watch is amazing. Made of metal and has metal clasps and feels very heavy and sturdy.

Gogo_ZvC

Initial Question:

Hey there,

I originally bought Zero Escape 3: Limited Watch Bonus Edition- PlayStation Vita (ORDER #{order-number}), and my preorder watch was damaged in transit.

I got an email on September 8th that a new watch is now in stock and I can redeem it with my credit. When I went to checkout, I got this:

Order Summary
Items: $500.00
Shipping & handling: $5.49
Zero Time Dilemma: -$500.00
Total before tax: $5.49
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $67.00
Order total: $72.49

Why do I need to pay $72.49USD more (that's more than the initial order itself!) for something I was supposed to get for free and on time?

07:05 PM PDT Neil(Amazon):
Hello, my name is Neil. Hi there. Nice to meet you.

07:05 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
Hey

07:06 PM PDT Neil:
I'm sorry if you're having an issue with your order. No worries, I'll be glad to look this for you. Allow me a moment to check this for you. Can you please provide me the link of the item?

07:07 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
{link-from-amazons-email}

07:08 PM PDT Neil:
Thanks for that. And can you please confirm me your address?

07:08 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
{canadian-shipping-address}

07:10 PM PDT Neil:
Thanks for confirming.
Actually, since the order will be shipped to an international address, you need to pay for the additional cost for the shipping fee and the import fee for it. The item is only the free, but since you are shipping it on international address you need to pay for the extra cost for it.

07:12 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
But it was supposed to be free with the game? Now I have to pay more than I paid for the game to get it. That doesn't make sense...

07:15 PM PDT Neil:
I totally understand.
Let me check my resources for you.

07:17 PM PDT Neil:
Thanks for waiting. In this case, I will give you an exception for this. You can place the order now. Once your order ships out, I will process a refund for the shipping fee as well as the import fee. Will that work for you?

07:18 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
Yes, thank you. I just placed the order
{order-confirmation}

07:18 PM PDT Neil:
Thanks for that. Once your order ships out, I will refund it to you. No need to contact us back. I will send you an email confirmation once I processed it.

07:19 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
That sounds good, thank you

07:19 PM PDT Neil:
I hope I was able to assist you. You're most welcome. For the meantime is there anything else I can assist you with?

07:19 PM PDT Gogo_ZvC:
That's all :) thanks and have a good day

07:20 PM PDT Neil:
Perfect! You're always welcome.Thank you for contacting Amazon. Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window. Take Care.

Now we wait for the refund to be processed...

...and my damaged watch to arrive! Yay!

Never again preordering from Aksys

TB14

Wait, people are just now getting their watches and damaged no less? What a mess...

I cancelled my 3DS and Vita orders a couple of weeks after this all started and just got the game on Steam.

ordered my watches about a week ago.
but i just now got MORE emails saying I got more promotional credit for a watch, checked amazon and it gave me ~$350 of credit, meaning i would still have to pay 150 for a watch... is this a bug?

cwistofu

but i just now got MORE emails saying I got more promotional credit for a watch, checked amazon and it gave me ~$350 of credit, meaning i would still have to pay 150 for a watch... is this a bug?

I just got the same email. Weird.

I got 150$ Credit! I don't understand, though.
I should be entitled to a second Watch.

SVxM

Well, you got more credit than me. I just have $250 in credits ($100 from the leftover over the previous watch order and $150 for the new one).

The watch saga will never end! I ordered 2 games in the same order and I still got just one watch.

Nekobo

Well, you got more credit than me. I just have $250 in credits ($100 from the leftover over the previous watch order and $150 for the new one).

The watch saga will never end! I ordered 2 games in the same order and I still got just one watch.

Got the email and I'm in the same situation as you.

hayejin

Amazon lowered watch price to 150.
So new credit should work now.

If you held off on ordering first time then you could get four now with the 600 credit.

Yasumi

Banned

If you held off on ordering first time then you could get three now with the 500 credit.
The credit's equal to however much the total watch cost is, below $600. I'm still getting hit with the import deposit fee separately.

hayejin

I was able to order two.

I was missing two. I ordered each separately and each order was zeroed out. If you order multiple at once then you only get one credit applied.

So order one then order another one in separate order if you were missing two bc you ordered 3 3DS versions.

Ridley327

Would I be correct in assuming that any emails going out for new watches would be for the newly manufactured ones? I got the emails, and I figure since it's another pair of free watches that it's worth my time since it's not costing any money to find out.

//ARCANUM

I just got a new email for a watch. Weird thing is that I already got 2 of these for my 2 separate orders. No idea why I got a 3rd credit, but I went ahead and placed the order. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edit - lol I had enough credit to order ANOTHER one. What's going on?

Double edit - annnnnd just ordered a 3rd. Tried for a 4th and it finally wanted to charge me like $50.

Why the hell did I just get 3 free watches on top of my original 2?

I also got the email too.

I was still owed a watch since I only got 1 after ordered both 3DS and Vita. So this will make me whole. Hope it isn't damaged.

I have enough credit leftover that I could order another one for $50 but nah.

Boy howdy this ride never stops, does it?

If you held off on ordering first time then you could get four now with the 600 credit.

I would love to know if someone does this!

chrono01

I got an email, telling me more credit was applied to my account. I ordered two copies of the game, but the site allowed me to order three watches. I had to pay shipping (around $13 CDN, I didn't want to go with standard since the less time en-route to me the less chance they'll be damaged) and something like $23 for import fees. Once the package ships, I'll try to get those import fees refunded, but I'm not hopeful. :/

Anyway, just want this over and done with already.

Top Bottom