• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Gods will premiere on April 30th on Starz [Up: New trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Oh, that's disappointing, I thought this covered the whole book. 8 hours is more than plenty, hopefully they don't stretch the plot too much.

Considering what was said in new characters ... I would LOVE to see it stretched for more characters

mokeyjoe

It's been so long since I read this I've forgotten what happened.

The book was pretty good, I think the premise should make for an interesting show.

louiedog

Aaaand region locked. :(
Or it's just that stupid Starz player that never works for me. It's even worse than the name of the channel...

Just upload your shit to youtube, pls.

I wish YouTube would do some sort of movie and television trailer portal with official partners. I want to just go to a specific URL and see the newest trailers without wading through bullshit channels that repost them with suspect quality, their own bumpers, annotations, etc.

It might even help encourage stuff like this to go straight there at the beginning because they'd get more views with their description and links.

He's come a long way since Hollyoaks. Good for him.

Didn't like the book. Never really have liked Gaiman's work. This looks OK. I mean, I have to give it a shot purely because of Ian McShane.

berzeli

Banned
This is neat (and on youtube!):
American Gods: Origins
"Neil Gaiman goes to Iceland, to investigate the origins of his novel AMERICAN GODS... soon to be a television series, near you..." This is a taster for the mini-documentary we filmed about me going to Iceland and explaining where the idea came from, and who the gods are...

Kevin

Wow this looks really good. I love anything Bryan Fuller too and this show definitely has his influence so I'll be there day one. Gives me a new reason to watch my Starz subscription since Ash VS Evil Dead season 2 wrapped up. lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"It will be glorious, win or lose."

Bryan Fuller shows, period.

Also the Deadline link worked perfectly for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man this is going to be orgasmic. I'm still reeling from the absolutely miraculous pairing of gaiman and fuller.

hydruxo

I guess they changed some character looks. And more mythology flashes. Looking forward to the trippy ness

Technical Boy is the biggest change. They said they wanted him to represent what the internet is like now since it's changed so much compared to how it was when the book was written. Now he's a snobby kid who vapes haha.

Purkake4

Banned
New trailer's pretty crazy. The gore kind of fits, as long as it's used in the right context. I hope they don't just have random dudes in the real-real world exploding into balls of blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom