• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 11 |OT| Sponsored By X-Factor USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Queendele's Hometown Glory, boo.

tumblr_ljqesjDx5R1qdfqrj.gif

I see.

Question for the AI faithful: do they show the Hollywood stages now? I thought they started doing it a while ago but I haven't watched since Season 3.
2095c354.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Question for the AI faithful: do they show the Hollywood stages now? I thought they started doing it a while ago but I haven't watched since Season 3.
2095c354.gif

???

Are you asking WHEN they show the Hollywood episodes, or if they show them at all?

But to answer both: 1) they show them in a few weeks, and 2) they've always done Hollywood, IIRC.

jett

D-Member
Did they get rid of the plants? It was tradition!

It's been ok so far, definitely like this more than XF.

Husky voiced alto gurl, and Asian guy are the only ones I thought were halfway decent.

Otherwise far more boring that X Factor (no audience) and The Voice will mop this shit up.

Gibbo

Anyone here thinks that they should do away with showing the audition rounds? 10 seasons on and the formula is getting pretty tired I think. I couldn't sit through the first audition episode.

Anyone here thinks that they should do away with showing the audition rounds? 10 seasons on and the formula is getting pretty tired I think. I couldn't sit through the first audition episode.

At least the ratio of good to bad is fixed. They should put all the wailers and delusional people into one easily skippable episode.

MIMIC

Banned
WTF. Didn't know Idol was supposed to be on today. Heard the Giants went to OT so I flip over to FOX and the DirecTV guide said Idol is supposed to be on. @_@

Well now that I know, I guess I'll watch.

I never watch auditions so still not paying much attention. Looking forward to the season though. Tried watching X Factor but didn't enjoy it much just because of how over produced everything is. The Voice was a decent format but trash overrated talent who couldn't stay in tune for their lives. I really tried to like the show but the singing put me off every time I came near it. I don't think either show will be relevant until it produces an actually star. Which I am skeptical either show is capable of doing.

I generally don't get really involved in any of these shows until a contestant really grabs my attention.....so we will see.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am still mad about the guy who auditioned with I Believe in a Thing Called Love (The Darkness) from about 100 seasons ago. He rocked it and they treated it like a comedy audition.

And AI has better judges, really??? They can't say a negative thing about anyone. Too then everyone is great.

This is my first season seeing Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler as judges. Yes, they're terrible. But they don't make me want to tear my ears off of my head and put them through the wash.

This is my first season seeing Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler as judges. Yes, they're terrible. But they don't make me want to tear my ears off of my head and put them through the wash.

I am really interested if they improve this season. I wish one of them would just run with the idea of being the harsh judge. It would have to be J Lo but I don't see it happening.

Still better judges than The Voice though. I never liked the mentoring aspect of Voice and X Factor. It all felt so fake and put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom