• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 11 |OT| Sponsored By X-Factor USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
What happened to all the crappy singers? This normally is the only shows of AI I watch. This show is sliding too much into everything is positive and can do no wrong. They really need a Simon back on the show to balance out all the "your great no matter what" crap.

or the good auditions

mmhmmm
Evrkc.gif

dot

Ashley and Frat guy were the standouts this episode for me.

Jane Carrey. Her dad is Jim Carrey? I was like lolwut. That was kinda surprising but i knew she did look kind of familiar. Jane also kinda looks like Kelly Clarkson. Her singing was okay.... she definitely has potential though.

Also, about the lack of stupid and bad auditions. They were funny but they were getting old and weren't needed so i'm glad they aren't showing much of those.

Malajax

What happened to all the crappy singers? This normally is the only shows of AI I watch. This show is sliding too much into everything is positive and can do no wrong. They really need a Simon back on the show to balance out all the "your great no matter what" crap.

My sentiments exactly. Kill the show already.

Apeopleman

I believe in the first episode of the 11th season, Colton Dixon got to re audition.

I remember last year to get into the live show, it was between him, JC Bordeaux, and Bret Loewenstern. I was dissapointed that he didn't make it, especially after Bret performed poorly with Come on baby light my fire.........

I think its great they put him through and I consider him an early favorite. If there's an American Idol gaf pool for whoever wins American Idol, put me in for Colton Dixon

He's a great candidate. Clean cut, nice voice, has experience, and definitely will easily win over the female fanbase, and the southern fanbase being from the south

Malajax

Just don't watch it. I cannot stand when people wish for shows to be canceled.

Well, I watched an episode after not watching one for over 3 years. I merely commented on how I felt after watching an episode after so long. If it makes you feel any better, I don't intend to watch anymore.

This is a message board, right?

Well, I watched an episode after not watching one for over 3 years. I merely commented on how I felt after watching an episode after so long. If it makes you feel any better, I don't intend to watch anymore.

This is a message board, right?

Sure it is. It's also douchey to want something canceled just because you don't like it.

JCX

While I wish the judges would be harsher during live shows, cutting out crap and joke auditions now is fine. It's season 11, and I was tired of them around season 4. Everyone knows that the Hollywood group round is the best part of the whole show.

Mumei

Ashley Robins was fantastic. Don't always go by jaded GAF. ;)

*re-listens*

Her head voice was pretty. Too few women on this show use head voice in auditions (or men using falsetto, for that matter). I didn't like her belting as much, but I guess it was more because of the comparison to Whitney's (which she inadvertently encouraged by copying her almost inflection-for-inflection) than on its own terms.

So maybe she has potential if she picks songs that are more in her wheelhouse. I somehow doubt she will.

*re-listens*

Her head voice was pretty. Too few women on this show use head voice in auditions (or men using falsetto, for that matter). I didn't like her belting as much, but I guess it was more because of the comparison to Whitney's (which she inadvertently encouraged by copying her almost inflection-for-inflection) than on its own terms.

So maybe she has potential if she picks songs that are more in her wheelhouse. I somehow doubt she will.

Yeah the karaoke thing bugged me but I can hear that she has natural talent and the bad habits are easily corrected. For a lot of the others put through, it was obviously to have a huge number to report and to cull the drek. She did have nice control, and decent use of dynamics IMO.

I definitely don't put you in Jaded GAF. You always know your stuff, Mumei.

Mumei

Yeah the karaoke thing bugged me but I can hear that she has natural talent and the bad habits are easily corrected. For a lot of the others put through, it was obviously to have a huge number to report and to cull the drek. She did have nice control, and decent use of dynamics IMO.

I definitely don't put you in Jaded GAF. You always know your stuff, Mumei.

Heh. I think of myself as a bit jaded when it comes to these shows and vocals. There's not more than a handful of singers I've really loved on these shows over the years.

Auditions have been decidedly on the positive side. I don't know whether that makes the show good or bad, but I do kind of miss the "OMFG he/she's SOOOO awful" parts.

Steven Tyler was looking at Magic Cyclops as though he was staring back in time at what could have been his own audition had there been an AI 50 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom