• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 11 |OT| Sponsored By X-Factor USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
That question totally set off her nerves.

-Why did you pick that song?
-(Ummm.....I can't say my dad picked it for me.....)

>_<

Classy idea, AI producers. Let's exploit a young girl's embarassing stage injury as a "cliffhanger" for ratings and be really obvious about it at the same time.

Anyways, they gotta stop stringing that wimpy, whiny Travis kid along. He wouldn't be so annoying if he wasn't pinning the entire redemption of all his family's problems on AI. Last year he wanted to do it for his mom and his family now he wants to do it because he loves his family but now he hates his mom and wants to show her up? Haha, ohhhhh K. Not that I blame him for being mad at her but that's just weird.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Carrey's performance tonight was awkwardly bad. Especially the squeaky "Ummmm Hi!" at the end.

Would have been interesting to see Steve Jone's non-reaction to girl falling off stage. Heh.

Lordt I was trying to log into GAF for the entire hour this was running. Forgive me cookies, for clearing you.

All I wanted to say is...

STOP SINGING UP TO THE MOUNTAIN.

Thank you for your time.

Lordt I was trying to log into GAF for the entire hour this was running. Forgive me cookies, for clearing you.

All I wanted to say is...

STOP SINGING UP TO THE MOUNTAIN.

Thank you for your time.
Co-signed. There are some songs you just don't touch, because they've already been so perfectly executed the first time that to even attempt a straight cover is suicide.

Of course, that won't stop dozens of thin-voiced teenagers and untrained, uncontrolled diva warblers from singing "I Have Nothing" or "Hero" and expecting me to believe they mean a word of what they're singing.

Mumei

Co-signed. There are some songs you just don't touch, because they've already been so perfectly executed the first time that to even attempt a straight cover is suicide.

Of course, that won't stop dozens of thin-voiced teenagers and untrained, uncontrolled diva warblers from singing "I Have Nothing" or "Hero" and expecting me to believe they mean a word of what they're singing.

Seriously. If they're going to butcher a diva song, try something different. Really, there's other songs to completely botch besides I Have Nothing and Hero. Try something uptempo!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Mimic, if you're going to change your avatar after all this time the least you could do is mimic (ha) the Daughtry Rejection Face!

There are a lot of really good singers this year... I wonder how many of the folks not focused on at all will make it to the live shows. So far it seems the girls they've focused on are better on average than the guys.

Classy idea, AI producers. Let's exploit a young girl's embarassing stage injury as a "cliffhanger" for ratings and be really obvious about it at the same time.

I'm actually not really put off by it. It's not really any different morally from exploiting contestants' personal tragedies, and all reality shows do this all the time. Apparently they used a few seasons to milk the story of Travis Miami or whatever his name is, and they've already spent more time talking about cancer and strokes and tents in the middle of the woods than they have showing actual talent.

The whole show is about manipulating emotions. If the girl died? Yeah, it's disgusting. But we all know how this will play out, and every one of the people involved in the show - including the contestants - knew that before they signed up.

MBison

Caved and looked at the leaked list and surprised at a missing name considering the abundance of pimpage they have gotten.

The cop girl looks like Kesha. No wonder she keeps trying.
ZTfZb.jpg

Why is she so insistent on Joy to the World?!?!?!

Mumei

I started a bit behind the rest of you, so I was skipping through the commercials up till now.

But now I will have to suffer with the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom