• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

2 per character at Target now means there's no point in going there if the line is long. It's not like people are going to control themselves from not grabbing 2 of the rare ones.

rjinaz

If that is the case I am totally screwed..Target opens here at 8am, even if I get there at 9 or 9:30 it wont matter..I dont blame Target, I blame Nintendo for not making more of these amiibos..they want people to literally kill each other on release day for little plastic toys

Yeah I mean do the math. There are what? 7 amiibo? That means that first three people could walk away with 42 amiibo, or the first five 70. They make out even better if some came together.

I think 2 total was unreasonable but a 2 limit for each character isn't so great either. Their stock will be gone super fast. Bring a tent or wake up really early. 1 per character would have been ideal.

2 per character at Target now means there's no point in going there if the line is long. It's not like people are going to control themselves from not grabbing 2 of the rare ones.

That's what I'm thinking too. This dashes my newfound optimism for Friday. I just wanted to get the retailer exclusives on Friday (not even interested in Silver Mario) so this is going to make it more difficult. My Target opens at 8 and I can be there a little before then but not much more. I wasn't there when Rosalina went up for sale so I don't know what the local interest level in Amiibo is. But then I've never seen any uncommons or rarer at this store. This doesn't help at all. I'll still try. I hope our store is like Rocky's where they have everything behind the counter.

The internal memo mentioned passing out numbers if there was a line. Did any stores actually do that for Rosalina?

Yeah I mean do the math. There are what? 7 amiibo? That means that first three people could walk away with 42 amiibo, or the first five 70. They make out even better if some came together.

I think 2 total was unreasonable but a 2 limit for each character isn't so great either. Their stock will be gone super fast. Bring a tent or wake up really early. 1 per character would have been ideal.

Yeah forgot it, I mean why even bother. Unless I can get someone that is familiar with me at Target to hold a few for me, why even bother going..going to be a complete waste of time anyway..this is what Nintendo wanted and they are the winners here, Im not going at 8am to get these things, if they post them online great, if not oh well, I have some pre ordered on wal-mart.com

I guess I'll be doing one of these. I wasn't even sure where I would be going first on Friday. Maybe Target. Would it even be worth it? Why did I have to like amiibo? Why do the characters I want have to be the 'going to be rare' ones? Why can't there be enough for everyone?

D-Stubbs

I remember going to my Target the morning Rosalina came out, picked one up then went back home to go to bed. Woke back up around noon and my girlfriend asked if I could call and see if they had any left. Turns out they still had three Rosalina's left fours hours after they opened. Of course this varies from store to store but if it's like that again I'm not gonna feel too rushed to get there. Especially since the only one I really need is Silver Mario.

Ive heard a lot about Toys R Us and Target's stock but I have yet to hear anything about what Best Buy will have..I believe they never put up their pre orders(correct me if Im wrong) there is a Target/Best Buy in a shopping center near me, if Best Buy has amiibos available I might go there or hopefully even better if they have them available online

Toki767

Ive heard a lot about Toys R Us and Target's stock but I have yet to hear anything about what Best Buy will have..I believe they never put up their pre orders(correct me if Im wrong) there is a Target/Best Buy in a shopping center near me, if Best Buy has amiibos available I might go there or hopefully even better if they have them available online

Best Buy had online pre-orders. There was no option for in store pickup so it's probably first come, first serve there. Same with Gamestop.

Just called my local City Target, its two per guest..that is the policy they are running with, I actually prefer that, gives us who won't be camping out a better chance of getting one. She said to call back on Thursday to get an idea how many they have, she doesn't believe they have gotten any shipment yet

//ARCANUM

Just curious, not actively selling at this point, but considering possibilities. Would anyone have interest in buying a collection of Amiibo?

All are without packaging except for Lucario who is new in box. Otherwise I have:

Link
Samus
Pit
Yoshi (MP)
Peach (SSB)
Fox
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Toon Link
Gold Mario
Mega Man
Kirby
Bowser
Toad

Additionally I also have a Best Buy pre-order with:

Lucina
Robin

Pac-Man
Charizard
Wario

The Best Buy pre-order could be part of a sale or not.

Is $250 shipped (in the US) for all of this something that anyone would be interested in?

(FYI to the folks that I have trades set up with, what I've listed here does not affect trades that have been set up.)

Would also consider trade for PS4. (Basically I'm wanting a PS4 and I have all they Amiibo sitting here....)

Diggeh don't hate me..... I haven't done it yet! just considering....

Forgot to mention I also have a new in box Marth as well!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just curious, not actively selling at this point, but considering possibilities. Would anyone have interest in buying a collection of Amiibo?

buying a collection of Amiibo

buying
a
collection
of
Amiibo

Diggeh don't hate me..... I haven't done it yet! just considering....

KAY9uSy.gif

rjinaz

Seeing this more and more. Wave 4 really burning people out.

to answer your question, nah it's not worth $300. You only have a few that are valuable. Even if you throw in Robin and Lucina. And they are mostly opened. I'd be more realistic, maybe $200, $250 with Lucina and Robin maybe.

//ARCANUM

Seeing this more and more. Wave 4 really burning people out.

to answer your question, nah it's not worth $300. You only have a few that are valuable. Even if you throw in Robin and Lucina. And they are mostly opened. I'd be more realistic, maybe $200, $250 with Lucina and Robin maybe.

hmmm, okay ill change it to $250 and see what happens.

Fox Mulder

Just called my local City Target, its two per guest..that is the policy they are running with, I actually prefer that, gives us who won't be camping out a better chance of getting one. She said to call back on Thursday to get an idea how many they have, she doesn't believe they have gotten any shipment yet

Target has trucks monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. They may not get them in until Friday morning before opening.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Who else is tapping out after the Smash line is over!? Because I'm done after that is over! I'm not leave the community though, still going to look for deals and what not. Just done collecting.

The reason why I started collecting, because I freaking love Smash! And Kid Icarus Uprising ( I can find anther Palutena anything anywhere, SO happy I got her amiibo)

HardRojo

If you guys had to pick between Lucina and Robin, which one would you pick? I think I'll get at least 1 FE character from this wave, not sure yet. Amiibo are getting really expensive in Peru. About $22 a piece and I can't really justify the amount of money I'll be spending on them :/ I already reserved Silver Mario and will surely get Charizard, Ness, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Wario and Pac-Man.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FYI guys:

I saw a charge on my card for $28 from Gamestop, and found out it's the price of 2 Amiibos. Looks like they are starting to put charging through! These are for my 2 courtesy ones mind you, that would get release day delivery. Not sure about regular shipments, especially since the others I paid with gift cards. Either way, should be shipping out soon :)

Ron Paul's senses are tingling

I just hope to God Meta Knight doesn't go on sale on Friday, but at this point it's looking almost certain. Ugh. Having exclusives go on sale at different stores on the same day is so fucked up. If Nintendo wants to keep doing this bullshit then they need to start staggering the releases.

Velcro Fly

Who else is tapping out after the Smash line is over!? Because I'm done after that is over! I'm not leave the community though, still going to look for deals and what not. Just done collecting.

The reason why I started collecting, because I freaking love Smash! And Kid Icarus Uprising ( I can find anther Palutena anything anywhere, SO happy I got her amiibo)

I'm hoping the rarity factor drops once only a few per game are being released and not 50.

I'm also hoping that Nintendo is developing a game that will use them like a Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

I think it would be totally cool to have an adventure featuring a mashup of different Nintendo characters based on what amiibo you have.

The collecting aspect is fun but I think a game that makes them worthwhile for those that have a lot would be cool too.

-Horizon-

If you guys had to pick between Lucina and Robin, which one would you pick? I think I'll get at least 1 FE character from this wave, not sure yet. Amiibo are getting really expensive in Peru. About $22 a piece and I can't really justify the amount of money I'll be spending on them :/ I already reserved Silver Mario and will surely get Charizard, Ness, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Wario and Pac-Man.
tumblr_n8qajlV4fj1tgzfplo1_1280.jpg

Who else is tapping out after the Smash line is over!

I'd really like to think so. But then E3 is coming soon and I'll probably end up doing a 180. Getting the Smash line complete is really the only Amiibo goal I have right now as that's already become very expensive, and as everyone here knows, more time-consuming and frustrating than ever. I don't have any plans to buy the Yarn Yoshi ones, though I have the Splatoon 3-pack on pre-order.

rjinaz

completely depends on what they do. I mean if they do like what they did with Splatoon for other games like Xenoblade, then I'll be all over that and they will be rare as heck. I won't be interested in getting them all anymore though either way, but, I might pick up one or two here and there. I'd love a Bullet Bill.

Target has trucks monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. They may not get them in until Friday morning before opening.

Well I guess that explains why she said she doubts any delivery of amiibos have been made, but she said to call back Thursday evening about inventory..maybe I should call Wednesday instead? I at least want an idea of how many they might have

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I will never be free

Christopher

I'm out after the smash line actually I might be out before that nothing have done is keeping my interest just disgust.

I still have this Greninja preorder is he unicorn?

Rocketz

I can confirm the policy that Target is using is its only 2 per amiibo. Meaning you can buy multiple amiibos Friday but only 2 of each kind.

I can confirm the policy that Target is using is its only 2 per amiibo. Meaning you can buy multiple amiibos Friday but only 2 of each kind.

The City Target I go to told me that its two per guest, meaning only two amiibos and thats it..I hope that is the case will make it more likely that I can get hold of one..unless she misunderstood what the manager told her but she told me that is what he said..but she has no idea how many of each amiibo they will have in stock, she said they had not received any shipment of them yet

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I've been tempted some myself- it's just been such a mess. Just hoping things improve or at least don't get worse otherwise I probably will bail out. womp

Wynn pls dun bail

Releasing multiple store exclusives on the same day in insanely limited quantities (some of which are possibly already gone like Ness) is an absolute jerk move. If Nintendo doesn't go back to the drawing board there will be blood.

but this is Nintendo so of course they'll pretend like everyone lives at the NWS and can easily get all they new amiibo :(

kierwynn

Wynn pls dun bail

Releasing multiple store exclusives on the same day in insanely limited quantities (some of which are possibly already gone like Ness) is an absolute jerk move. If Nintendo doesn't go back to the drawing board there will be blood.

but this is Nintendo so of course they'll pretend like everyone lives at the NWS and can easily get all they new amiibo :(

lol I don't want to! I want to finish the smash line like I intended but it's so hard to stay positive with how things are right now. I'm tryyyyiiiiing

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There's no reason to sell any of them regardless of collection completion. They're all enjoyable to look at and have around
except the derpy ones

kierwynn

There's no reason to sell any o them regardless of collection completion. They're all enjoyable to look at and have around
except the derpy ones

It just becomes a reminder of what could have been and how terrible the whole experience has been. Nintendo has managed to kill a lot of the fun. lol

RootCause

There's no reason to sell any o them regardless of collection completion. They're all enjoyable to look at and have around
except the derpy ones
There is if you want to make some money off it after being burned. I wouldn't hold it against anyone that wants to move on. Nintendo has done a real shitty job. Hell, they've already lost my good faith. I've bought two nintendo games used this past week. Nintendo ain't getting another penny from me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It just becomes a reminder of what could have been and how terrible the whole experience has been. Nintendo has managed to kill a lot of the fun. lol

how are you not having fun staying up until 2 AM clawing for 5 minute preorders I am having a blast help me Wynn

Kilau

Who else is tapping out after the Smash line is over!?

I never planned on getting the whole Smash line but now I am in too far to just stop and I really do want the complete set. Once that is done, I won't be getting more. I really don't know where Nintendo is going to go with amiibo anyway. A complete Pokemon set(shudder) doesn't interest me at all, nor do I care to have a Mario Kart set. I can see myself being interested in some specific Zelda amiibo characters in the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom