• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Seriously, what's up with NoA and their lack of wave 4 amiibo reminders on social networks... Not just Splatoon releases this friday helloooooo

Maybe they are already aware they would not be able to bring enough amiibo to meet demand so they prefer to act like only Splatoon is releasing this friday and then casually throw a wave 4 amiibo tweet like "Oh yeah wave 4 amiibo is out as well but sold-out already. Buy Splatoon and a Wii U instead!"

Why advertise something that's going to sell out instantly? The only thing it will do is make my re people angry. There is no upside, only downsides.

Fox Mulder

Seriously, what's up with NoA and their lack of wave 4 amiibo reminders on social networks... Not just Splatoon releases this friday helloooooo

Maybe they are already aware they would not be able to bring enough amiibo to meet demand so they prefer to act like only Splatoon is releasing this friday and then casually throw a wave 4 amiibo tweet like "Oh yeah wave 4 amiibo is out as well but sold-out already. Buy Splatoon and a Wii U instead!"

they've looked like morons and get backlash whenever they post about amiibos. Might as well just shut up about them.

-Horizon-

How to give Amiibros anxiety.

bTwEhjo.png

lmao

youarealreadydead.jpg

Anime

Neo Member
Anime, I just finished watching Nichijou. Now would be a grand time for that second season! ;)

Also, can you speed up bringing the new Lupin the Third series over here? I know Italy gets it first, but I need them new blue jacket Lupin antics!

Lol we realize the demand is here but
we like to prolounge things to increase hype

We took a page from Nintendo concerning this, It works doesnt it?

Also if i can get a amiibo of you diggeh i will make sure we commence production this week!

nichijou_01.png

RootCause

if you were an Amiibo, which store(any store)would you like to be an exclusive for?
I'd like to be exclusive to Apple stores, greatest hyped line ever! :3

Shauni

The more time goes on, the less convinced I am that what's happening with amiibos in NA isn't this "forced scarcity" to increase hype. Or, if it is, it's a not a good attempt at doing so. I'm no business major or anything, but my understanding is that you bring forced scarcity to an item to let the flood gates open a relatively short amount of time later. We're roughly 7 months after launch and still having the same problems. I don't know, seems like it really is just a problem on the production side to me, whatever that may be.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lol we realize the demand is here but
we like to prolounge things to increase hype

We took a page from Nintendo concerning this, It works doesnt it?

Also if i can get a amiibo of you diggeh i will make sure we commence production this week!

nichijou_01.png

bDsYk6n.jpg

if you were an Amiibo, which store(any store)would you like to be an exclusive for?
I'd like to be exclusive to Apple stores, greatest hyped line ever! :3

one free Diggehmiibo with each Happy Meal

The more time goes on, the less convinced I am that what's happening with amiibos in NA isn't this "forced scarcity" to increase hype. Or, if it is, it's a not a good attempt at doing so. I'm no business major or anything, but my understanding is that you bring forced scarcity to an item to let the flood gates open a relatively short amount of time later. We're roughly 7 months after launch and still having the same problems. I don't know, seems like it really is just a problem on the production side to me, whatever that may be.

Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing. Rather, they know exactly what they're not doing. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but Nintendo doesn't care as long as they sell.

RootCause

bDsYk6n.jpg

one free Diggehmiibo with each Happy Meal

Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing. Rather, they know exactly what they're not doing. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but Nintendo doesn't care as long as they sell.
That would make it too easy. How about a mystery box in a happy meal? Exclusive Amiibo limited to one per store. Good luck buying a ton of happy meals, and clogging the drive through. :3

Kilau

That would make it too easy. How about a mystery box in a happy meal? Exclusive Amiibo limited to one per store. Good luck buying a ton of happy meals, and clogging the drive through. :3

It's not just the drive thru that would be clogged...well clogged and then explosively emptied.

HUELEN10

Fucking Walmart, after I heard the news, I went there but all they had was charizard and Lucina, Pac-Man was MIA.

Kinda wanted a second Pac to turn into Pacster or President Spheros, but oh well...

Why would I do that? I already have one on order and I don't need a duplicate. lookingf Back, that gamestop six pack really saved my ass.

If it wasn't a only one amiibo per person rule (dunno if you bought another one), you could have helped someone on GAF that needed her?

Of course it's not necessary, but could have been a nice gesture.

Who have you been waiting for? Ness?

Lucina, Robin, and Marth. Have various tabs open from various stores hoping they go up again. Oh yeah, and Silver Mario as well. I've missed it every time each of them were up so far, but at least I know I can close all these tabs and stop refreshing come friday since they will never be in stock again anywhere and it will make the thread if there is a random restocking.

Fucking Walmart, after I heard the news, I went there but all they had was charizard and Lucina, Pac-Man was MIA.

Kinda wanted a second Pac to turn into Pacster or President Spheros, but oh well...

Wait, what news, what did I miss?

Jergingha

Neo Member
So if Walmart hasn't cancelled my preorder of the Wario, Pac Man, and Splatoon 3 Pack Amiibo at this point, is it safe to say I have them secured?

D:

So if Walmart hasn't cancelled my preorder of the Wario, Pac Man, and Splatoon 3 Pack Amiibo at this point, is it safe to say I have them secured?

D:

Yep your fine, and if you checked your credit card you will have seen that they charged you, but then removed the charge, they do that to make sure you have funds available..thats what they did to me last week on my Discover and AMEX card

Ah, FE collection. Cool.

Some walmarts randomly put Charizard and Pac-Man out today. People have been buying them up.

It's more just the ones that I've missed. Just happens that they are all FE characters. Got a Puff and Ness if my orders hold out, but was never able to snag Lucina or Robin. Marth was up a bunch recently on amazon, but always missed him.

Also, dammit, time to rush to the local Walmarts. :c

Jergingha

Neo Member
Yep your fine, and if you checked your credit card you will have seen that they charged you, but then removed the charge, they do that to make sure you have funds available..thats what they did to me last week on my Discover and AMEX card

Yeah, they did that recently.

Well that's good to hear. I have Ness already, and I am eagerly awaiting my Splatoon Amiibo and Pac Man (I got Wario for my little sister).

Sucks that they are due to arrive June 4th, but oh well, at least I got em.

Yeah, they did that recently.

Well that's good to hear. I have Ness already, and I am eagerly awaiting my Splatoon Amiibo and Pac Man (I got Wario for my little sister).

Sucks that they are due to arrive June 4th, but oh well, at least I got em.

I have Pac-Man, Charizard, Wario, and Splatoon 3 pack..what I WOULD like is Greninja, Lucina, Robin, and Silver Mario, but I know getting those will be virtually impossible unless I camp out which I will NOT be doing..From Walmart the amiibos say they will arrive by June 2nd and the Splatoon 3 pack by June 5th

RootCause

I'm just worried Diggeh is going to beat me to the store and buy all of targets stock. He is a secret scalper.
I suspect diggeh is a nintendo employee. How else can you explain him being on top of everything when it goes live. D:

Come on diggeh! Just tell me when Amazon is going to put up the preorders.

TI82

Banned
I suspect diggeh is a nintendo employee. How else can you explain him being on top of everything when it goes live. D:

Come on diggeh! Just tell me when Amazon is going to put up the preorders.

Yeah! He's an astro turfer!

(obviously a joke for the kilaus out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom