• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Neiteio

Got the KK Slider/Cyrus/Reese set. It's only $11 brand new on Amazon. Like them so much that I bought a set for my brother, too.

ChrisD

Got the KK Slider/Cyrus/Reese set. It's only $11 brand new on Amazon. Like them so much that I bought a set for my brother, too.

My Frys Electronics had a boat load of them in stock for $5. Not sure if it's a local thing.

If there wasn't a limit of one per person I'd be supplying this thread with $1.67 amiibo for weeks.

Edit: Okay, 3AM mind, I know you're better at Math than that. $1.67, not $1.33.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just patiently waiting for the new Mario set to be pre-orderable at Gamestop :x I still don't like teh Amazon crushed boxes.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
pAXkAKR.png

rip

Velcro Fly

The problem with the AC amiibo also is the game that uses them is pretty bad.

If the game was good there might be more demand.

ChrisD

oh shoot

now I wish I left my $1.33 post unedited

Gamestop trade fodder if you already own them, guys. Not sure the values will hold, but they're worth $3.25 each in trade right now. Think I may just do that since a GS is on the way to/from Frys.

Can I pay another dollar to not get the blue llama
Um...Cyrus is best alpaca

THE BEST

Also, on NX Amiibo uses I think we'll definitely see more integration. I'd doubt they'd release so many and then never use them again. *Weeps into his Pokemon Rumble figure collection*

I think the Toys to Life market has been saturated, so you'll see a lot of amiibo on sale. This isn't unique to Nintendo though. Infinity since it's been cancelled has dropped the prices on figures all over. Namely, Walmart has them for like $5. Lego has seen a drop with some sets; a few are at Five Below, others can usually be found for 20% off or more. And Skylanders of course has seen fire sales since the beginning of this year. Target recently had single packs for a whopping 75% off.

I think the biggest challenge is proving the figures "worth"; what do they do that makes them special and worth more because of it, either through physical tangible worth like the plushy qualities of the Yarn Yoshis or moving parts with the upcoming Zelda one, or through how useful they are in unlocking things in games or doing unique things. I'd like to hope our collections are more than just "this one gives you a new skin in this game". But there's a fine line to making something worth more and shooting down another; like Skyanders always has great figures, but they get downgraded basically in the next game where these new ones do much more stuff. So I'd like to see Nintendo (if they make some sort of Skylanders-esque game) do that where our older Smash characters can be just as good as new readily available ones...or do special things.

King Dedede Kirby series amiibo was on sale for $4.91 the other day, now he's up to $6. Still not a bad deal if you need him.

I'm surprised they don't just give amiibos for free with purchase of any wii u first party game

101 for an addiction, the first one is always free :eek:

Neoxon

Why can't i hold all of these bundles.

Actually why is New Zealand and yurop getting all these bundles? Surely we have a bunch of extra stock over here they could bundle up?
The fact that they didn't wait for the release of Corrin's Amiibo for a Fates bundle kinda hints towards the last Smash Amiibos being saved for the NX port. Then again, I don't think Corrin's Amiibo will have any functionality in Fates (which is weird, since he's the main character.....even if they'd have to patch it in).

PtM

Banned
The fact that they didn't wait for the release of Corrin's Amiibo for a Fates bundle kinda hints towards the last Smash Amiibos being saved for the NX port. Then again, I don't think Corrin's Amiibo will have any functionality in Fates (which is weird, since he's the main character.....even if they'd have to patch it in).
With this amiibo, you can play as the main character...err...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
oh man

Nintendo Badge Arcade now has amiibo

NOW YOU HAVE A WHOLE NEW WAY OF COLLECTING THEM

Yeah, we just got them today whereas Japan has had them forever. Buy all the things! All of them.

Do I need to put the badges in the OT :p

D-Man

Haven't bought an amiibo since Ryu and Famicom ROB but Kirby series Meta Knight was on sale at Amazon, so I picked him up.

He looks absolutely fantastic. Really surprised by how heavy he is too.

The_Kid

Yeah, we just got them today whereas Japan has had them forever. Buy all the things! All of them.

Do I need to put the badges in the OT :p

Where is the edited pic of Diggeh as Leto in Suicide Squad with the room full of knives, only its Amiibos and Funkos.

Persona7

Banned
The Splatoon amiibos are on clearance at Target if anyone didn't know. I got another set of callie and marie for 12 bucks and the three packs were 18 bucks.

Persona7

Banned
I didn't know the new 3 packs were on clearance. Might have to go

Go to brickseek.com and check the target tracker. Enter DPCI 207-03-4036 and your zip code and it will show if they are in stock and discounted locally. Target clearance is really random and some areas can be lower or higher or not even on clearance.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2 weeks into my new apartment & finally have just about everything unpacked....except for my amiibo. I think I might need to get a new shelf to put on the wall or something. Doesn't help I'll be taking 60-ish amiibo out of their packages again and looking at the wall where the rest of my gaming & TV stuff is, there might not be room to put them near that area.

Neoxon

With this amiibo, you can play as the main character...err...
I mean, they could make it to where the Corrin you get with the Amiibo is of the opposite gender that you chose for your avatar, but whatever.

I just want the NX to be revealed so we can finally get an ETA on the last 3 Smash 4 Amiibos.

Yukinari

I just wanna once again complement how wonderful the Smash version amiibo of Dedede is.

The detail, the weight, the pose.

Meanwhile the Kirby version is like

image.png

The_Kid

Go to brickseek.com and check the target tracker. Enter DPCI 207-03-4036 and your zip code and it will show if they are in stock and discounted locally. Target clearance is really random and some areas can be lower or higher or not even on clearance.

On Amazon the new 3 pack is also 27 dollars.

Not the same level but if anyone needs them and brickseek isn't helping.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Geez, the new Splatoon three-pack isn't in stock at most of the Targets near me. I'd have to drive more than half an hour to reach one. Half price is pretty good, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I noticed at Target yesterday they had the Marie/Callie double pack for about $18 and the Chibi-Robo game/amiibo bundle for about $30 (maybe less) in the clearance section.

leroidys

My amiibo are taking up way too much space. What do you guys think about tossing the blister pack part and just keeping the figure and cardback?

ChrisD

I'd definitely get the card separate from the plastic. amiibo boxes are kind of huge, but the art is too good to throw out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got my amiibo box unpacked, meaning I took all 65 of my amiibo out of their packaging AGAIN & (while not fully happy with it) got them displayed in a decent way.

.......but I only have room for 3 more amiibo to go near the Mario characters and I'm planning on getting 4, plus I need to figure out how I'd display Toon Link, Robin, & Mii Fighters if I ever get them, not to mention figure out Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta once they're finally released.

I'd definitely get the card separate from the plastic. amiibo boxes are kind of huge, but the art is too good to throw out.
I honestly don't know why I don't do this since I need to use the giant box that I keep the amiibo packaging in for my other gaming boxes like consoles or LEs.....

*Wanders into the shambles of this thread, which is deserted except for Diggeh off in the corner dancing with a Waluigi amiibo made from a cactus*

Uh...so...guys, what do you think is the likelihood of the last Smash wave being announced today during the direct? After all, Amiibo do work on 3DS, and Smash IS a 3DS game - which people often forget.

Top Bottom