• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

I'm surprised that Horse Link isn't too popular. I see him everywhere.

Can anyone confirm it Toys R Us got a restock recently? Thinking about venturing to one a little further than me.
There were a few that popped up this past Monday which I managed to get surprisingly but other than that I haven't seen any more.

Talking about Smash Link at least.

Chorazin

Snagged the Animal Crossing 3 pack for $9.97 and AC Amiibo Festival bundle for $9.99 this weekend, $20 for 5 Amiibo and three cards (and one shitty game) is a pretty good deal!

Welp, according to a rumor It may appear that the misterious 4th smash amiibo may well be infact a Female corrin amiibo.

From data gained about the fire emblem echos amiibo support, there are 2 seperate listings for corrin, one for male and one for female.

So possible 2 pack corrin bundle coming soon?

Jawmuncher

Welp, according to a rumor It may appear that the misterious 4th smash amiibo may well be infact a Female corrin amiibo.

From data gained about the fire emblem echos amiibo support, there are 2 seperate listings for corrin, one for male and one for female.

Well makes the idea that we're just seeing an extended port for smash switch more likely as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so we get female corrin, but not female robin or male wii fit trainer or the koopa kids or female villager or advent children cloud or underwear shulk or

so we get female corrin, but not female robin or male wii fit trainer or the koopa kids or female villager or advent children cloud or underwear shulk or

i Think that nintendo are swimply taking female corrin as the default. Most of the merch that has been made for corrin has been based on the fem version, so they will want to focus on her.

That being said, they may even set up corrin in the switch smash port to be female as default. just to give a reason for a female acorrin amiibo.

ngower

Maybe it's just my area but dear lord are the BOTW amiibo hard to find. In the past couple of weeks I've seen Bokoblin a handful of times, Guardian once (which I regret not buying), Zelda in a busted up package and one or two archer and rider Links. I checked every major retailer in my town and NOTHING. By the time I find them I'll have beaten the game.

SaviourMK2

I managed to walk into a Gamestop that JUST put 2 Archer Links and a rider Link onto their shelves. (That was all they got apparently).
I bought all 3 TnT.

One Archer for scanning in my girlfriend's BotW game and the other two for display. I loathe the idea of buying two guardians.
At this point i wanna find a really banged up Zelda/Gaurdian so i have an excuse to open it as opposed to saving it for collection's purpose.

Still kicking my own ass for not grabbing Ocarina Link or the Windwaker combo when they where still common -___-

OR WHAT!?!?!? I CANT SLEEP WITHOUT KNOWING!

Neoxon

I'm glad that Nintendo went with the best-case scenario to keep everyone happy.

Neoxon

i Think that nintendo are swimply taking female corrin as the default. Most of the merch that has been made for corrin has been based on the fem version, so they will want to focus on her.

That being said, they may even set up corrin in the switch smash port to be female as default. just to give a reason for a female acorrin amiibo.
Not sure if they'll go that far, but the fact that a lot of people took a liking to Female Corrin likely gave Nintendo justification to do both, which I'm happy about.

hey amiibo GAF, just saw this randomly checking reddit.
toys r us is having free shipping on any item for a limited time.

just picked up SSB luigi for 7.99

Hylian7

Are these the only smash amiibo that haven't released?

Male Corrin
Female Corrin
Bayoneta
Cloud.

I'm glad to see Female Corrin
Although that debunks the theory that the 4th missing Smash amiibo was a new character, perhaps Ice Climbers

I would hope they go back and do Female Robin, Male Wii Fit Trainer, etc, but I think that ship has sailed.

As much as I'd like that and feel it would make sense, I'm doubtful. I'll just be happy to get a seperate female corrin amiibo for now :3

edit: while we're talking crazy stuff, I wonder if they'll add female Corrin to the 'Corrin' page for smash instead of just having male Corrin standing there on his own (unlike robin which features both)

Gurrry

Hey guys, long time no talk. I used to be a regular amiibo guy back in the origin days, but got out of the game right around when Ness came out (got sick of the exclusives).

Had a quick question, why is it that some of the common figures (Toon Link, Shiek) going for so high on ebay? Is it because of BOTW? Or are the common figures now just that hard to find?

Hey guys, long time no talk. I used to be a regular amiibo guy back in the origin days, but got out of the game right around when Ness came out (got sick of the exclusives).

Had a quick question, why is it that some of the common figures (Toon Link, Shiek) going for so high on ebay? Is it because of BOTW? Or are the common figures now just that hard to find?
Many Smash amiibo haven't had production runs in ages - in some cases over 2 years (Toon Link and Sheik were last printed in December of 2014), and Breath of the Wild's amiibo functionality resulted in a lot of the remaining stock for Zelda figures getting bought up.

Also, if a character that debuted as a Smash amiibo gets a comparable figure in a franchise-specific line, the new figure will fully replace the old one. No Smash amiibo has been reprinted after getting a new figure, as far as I'm aware. So with 30th anniversary Toon Link out, Smash Toon Link will likely remain out of print. The upcoming Twilight Princess Link should also replace Smash Link (Link should be easier to find for now though, since he got a reprint certified in October, the second most recent reprint for a Smash figure). The only chance they have of getting a rerun is if they do a special series of reprints for Smash Switch. Now, that will most likely happen, but I still doubt the duplicates will be included anyway, since the replacements work identically anyway, so the functionality will still be available to new buyers.

FYI Toys R Us is having an awesome amiibo sale. I've already purchased six of them.

The deal is 3 amiibo for $20, but they have to be under $15 regularly. So no BotW amiibo. Online only, but I did "store pickup" and it's free + ready within the hour.

Man idk why I even try with NIS. Everytime I get a Text or email alert I click the link right away and it's already sold out :/
May I ask what you're looking for?

FYI Toys R Us is having an awesome amiibo sale. I've already purchased six of them.

The deal is 3 amiibo for $20, but they have to be under $15 regularly. So no BotW amiibo. Online only, but I did "store pickup" and it's free + ready within the hour.
Thanks for this, I'm getting my little brother started on some amiibo so this will definitely come in handy.

TBH I was kinda surprised there wasn't an amiibo restock along side the switches today.

I'm not particularly surprised. It's not like anything other than the Zelda 30th anniversary figures are both relevant to the Switch's launch and likely to ever get reprints (Smash Zelda, Link, and Toon Link are likely all dead). More importantly, it's not like they restock figures with renewed relevance anyway. For example, they didn't even do Fire Emblem reprints in time for STEAM and Fates because of reasons, and those are characters that have sold out instantly every single time they were stocked. I suspect they won't get a major reprint for Echoes either, given the lack of updated CPSIA filings thus far.

Nintendo is really good at just ignoring potential money. "Under-ship everything popular and NEVER SELL IT AGAIN!"

finally got a NA smash dedede =)
Uxc4KsWh.jpg
0J8ZOdsh.jpg

Chorazin

More and more I feel like if Smash gets a Switch port they're just going to sell Amiibo cards for the characters. With the way a lot of stock is sitting on shelves, and chains like Walmart and Target's space for them shrinking, I don't see much financial success for a big reissue of old figures. :(

More and more I feel like if Smash gets a Switch port they're just going to sell Amiibo cards for the characters. With the way a lot of stock is sitting on shelves, and chains like Walmart and Target's space for them shrinking, I don't see much financial success for a big reissue of old figures. :(

Yeah, I think so too. I think the shelves will only stock limited edition runs for new games (like BotW, for example) that they know will be successful. But from here on out, they'll probably sell trading card amiibos and make you buy a million packs to find the cards you need.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I think so too. I think the shelves will only stock limited edition runs for new games (like BotW, for example) that they know will be successful. But from here on out, they'll probably sell trading card amiibos and make you buy a million packs to find the cards you need.

They can sod off then. I have no interest in the cards.

Jawmuncher

July 21st for the Smash Amiibos. All of them include their alternate look, and in the US some will be retailer specfic.

Fucking Nintendo

Top Bottom