• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Arc07

Weird how TP Link is holding the sword.
It's a pose from the official art.
39dc420df80ccb5f9dbb6f06b2394542.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No amiibos for the Monster Hunter and Boxboy US release announced on the stream

Glad I waited. I had a feeling since they never announced a date for NA...

Too bad we'll never get the golden MonHuns :/

Edit: Oh no Boxboy Amiibo?? I read wrong...

Thoraxes

I can finally end this hell of waiting to finish my Smash set.

Not looking forward to waiting for preorders at retailers though.

I'm gonna get them all then finally be the fuck done.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My guess:

Bayonetta 1 variant: GameStop exclusive
Advent Children Cloud: Best Buy exclusive
Female Corrin: Amazon exclusive

Jawmuncher

My guess:

Bayonetta 1 variant: GameStop exclusive
Advent Children Cloud: Best Buy exclusive
Female Corrin: Amazon exclusive

Yeah, I would hope that the "variants" are retailer exclusive.
Would be odd as hell if Bayonetta OG and Bayonetta 2 were exclusives at two different stores.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I would hope that the "variants" are retailer exclusive.
Would be odd as hell if Bayonetta OG and Bayonetta 2 were exclusives at two different stores.

I'm already anticipating 6 different stores to begin with :/ Amazon, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, TRU. There. 6.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD, I could see Square Enix doing that, considering they love having store exclusive LEs.

Edit: I think that Team Kirby Clash Deluxe game has amiibo support. Said something about scanning them to get equipment or something.

Amiibo Thread 9 | Expecting Updates? Too bad! Waluigi Time!

I kid! I heard someone in here said the OP passed away so I don't want to speak ill of the dead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pics of the alt. colored Cloud & Bayonetta, marketed as "player 2"

Which for Bayonetta seems weird because Player 2 is.....Bayonetta 1....

I guess Nintendo can't say "Advent Children" on the box?

Jawmuncher

Preordered the three from best buy. I ain't fucking around with no Smash Amiibos.
If I can get them on amazon i'll return these to the store or help people out here. But definitely want a safety net for all of these.

Gonna skip on the splatoon 2 ones for now. If they're like the last set of splatoon amiibos, they'll drop in price and be more readily avaible.
You can still find them all fairly easily outside callie and marie.

PSFan

I need those Link amiibo to go up somewhere. Scalpers are going to be all over those because of the BOTW stuff you get with them.

Jawmuncher

I need those Link amiibo to go up somewhere. Scalpers are going to be all over those because of the BOTW stuff you get with them.

Yeah, was thinking about that the other day. If those pop up on best buy. Might grab those as a safety as well.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling that things won't be too crazy, like they used to, though. Definitely pre-ordering myself when they go up in store at GS (because I trust my buddies there).

Pre-ordered the 3 Smash ones from BB. I'm guessing it's safe to assume those are all the "regular" versions, so I'm still waiting for female Corrin to pop up somewhere.

Jawmuncher

I have a feeling that things won't be too crazy, like they used to, though. Definitely pre-ordering myself when they go up in store at GS (because I trust my buddies there).

I hope so.

I only want the MM and SS ones though, the TP one is the same as the Smash Link as far as BOTW.

I might end up doing the same. I don't really need a bunch of different links. Especially if they do the same thing.

Pre-ordered the 3 Smash ones from BB. I'm guessing it's safe to assume those are all the "regular" versions, so I'm still waiting for female Corrin to pop up somewhere.

Yeah seems the player 2 stuff will be exclusive. Now we just gotta wait and see who has them. I'd bet on Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy

Jawmuncher

Looks like Corrin (Player 2) will be on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Y79VNL/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Here are some other placeholders, sorry if link is long
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_...8|B071R6QGRS|B071Y79VNL|B071D8LQSP|B06ZZ6FKGF

Why does Amazon suck so badly when it comes to new amiibo preorders. It takes them so long to put them up.

I don't even think they do preorders anymore for Amiibos. Well not so far in advance. Seems they do a week early, and have a prime exclusive period for a week.
The fire emblem echoes amiibos still aren't up.

Wow, can't believe the Smash amiibo and Splatoon 2 comes out on my birthday. It's gonna be a great day
so long as I get them all they amiibo anyway
:)
I am so excited for the Pikmin amiibo, it's too cute beyond words! The Zelda ones look awesome too!

PSFan

I don't even think they do preorders anymore for Amiibos. Well not so far in advance. Seems they do a week early, and have a prime exclusive period for a week.
The fire emblem echoes amiibos still aren't up.

Yeah I know. I ended up preordering the FE 2 pack from Best Buy lol.

Jawmuncher

Saw better pictures of the Zelda Anniversary Amiibo. Totally gonna skip TP link, same functionality and he looks really dumb in that pose. SS and MM look good though.

ChrisD

DID SOMEONE SAY MORE SPLATOON AMIIBO?!?

C9PwJucUAAA2c05.jpg:large

I'mma buy them all. :eek:

Why Retailer Exclusives again though. I want both Clouds, both Corrins, all the Splatoon, and the Pikmin. Am I going to be running the metroplex from store-to-store for exclusives? :/

Jawmuncher

I'mma buy them all. :eek:

Why Retailer Exclusives again though. I want both Clouds, both Corrins, all the Splatoon, and the Pikmin. Am I going to be running the metroplex from store-to-store for exclusives? :/

At least this time the exclusives are alternate costumes and not full on locked amiibo functionality.
Well aside from Femal Corrin apparently in echoes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Amiibo Thread 9 | Expecting Updates? Too bad! Waluigi Time!

I kid! I heard someone in here said the OP passed away so I don't want to speak ill of the dead.

Can confirm, am dead.

OT updating time now that work is over!

ChrisD

At least this time the exclusives are alternate costumes and not full on locked amiibo functionality.
Well aside from Femal Corrin apparently in echoes.

I want AC Cloud and FemCorrin more than their regular versions though lol.
Honestly don't need FemCorrin since I'm getting her Figma, but Fire Emblem is the one series that I've bought every amiibo for so far. Don't want to skip out on them now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, surprised my guess was right. Now let's see if I get all three correct.

Though yes, wish Amazon would hurry up with pre-orders so I can get all 4 of them taken care of, then deal with AC Cloud & Bayonetta 1 style.

Also, looking at the new Zelda amiibo, I don't see a need to get TP & SS Links. They don't seem to lean into the art styles that made them different. At least MM is Young Link, which I see as a different character/look, so I'll get that one.

Top Bottom