• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

LiK

Awesome, Thanks. Now all I have left are the Fire Emblem ones.

I don't understand the difference. I used my debit card and when I look at my bank account online, the charge is there already in "pending." Is it just going to sit there in pending for months?

Yes. It's basically gonna be pending until it ships or you cancel you order for credit card at least.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So between yesterday and today I've ordered the 4 Zelda Champions, the Metroid set and Bowser........ god damn it I thought I was over this shit.
Vhrhhyz.gif

I just need these things to go up in Canada. :(

lovelyperson

Neo Member
Vhrhhyz.gif

I just need these things to go up in Canada. :(

As someone who quit Amiibo after TPHD launched with Wolf Link being the last amiibo for good...
I just bought Rider Link, all four champions, and the Metroid 2-pack within the last 8 hours. Why do Amiibo do this to me :(

I am new to caring about Amiibo. I really only care about the Zelda ones so I was interested in the new ones they just announced.

The only Amiibo I have are Super Smash Link, Super Smash Zelda, and an unopened Wolf Link Amiibo that came with Twilight Princess HD.

Even though I've had those three for months, I suddenly want more. I stopped at Wal Mart on my way to work thinking I'd buy any halfway cool Amiibo they had. All they have is Animal Crossing Amiibos, and a couple Daisys. I was surprised that's all there was.

Look online and the ones I already have are way about retail prices. I don't know why I even care, but the fact that I can't have them makes me want them more, which I'm sure is part of Nintendo's plan.

Questions about next week's Zelda amiibo:

Am I out of luck when it comes to getting Twilight Princess Link?

When does the Skyward Sword one get put up on Amazon?

Type40

In my area each store was alloted 3 for preorder, hopefully they'll get more than 3.

Still Unknown.

But... all the exclusives eventually came out at other stores, so theres a good chance it will be obtainable.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

presumably, Amazon will put Skyward Sword Link (and Female Corrin) up for sale on the release date

they've been dicks about not putting them up for preorder this entire time

as for Twilight Princess Link, I guess try going to your nearest Best Buy on release day to see if it gets any.

presumably, Amazon will put Skyward Sword Link (and Female Corrin) up for sale on the release date

they've been dicks about not putting them up for preorder this entire time

as for Twilight Princess Link, I guess try going to your nearest Best Buy on release day to see if it gets any.

Best Buy has Majora's Mask Link (which I already have pre-ordered), Gamestop's the ones who own exclusive rights to Twilight Link

Laieon

For some reason I've been under the impression this entire time that amiibo are region locked. I'm an American living in Korea, so I haven't bothered looking for any. Just found out they're not. Might have to go pick some up.

LiK

For some reason I've been under the impression this entire time that amiibo are region locked. I'm an American living in Korea, so I haven't bothered looking for any. Just found out they're not. Might have to go pick some up.

Look out for restocks in Japan. They happen more often than in the West. The BotW were recently restocked like last week but sold out again.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You should've read the OP a long time ago.

Laieon

You should've read the OP a long time ago.

Haha, yeah. Lesson learned I guess. Amiibos didn't come out until after I got here and I guess there was some misinformation floating around beforehand. Just never bothered to look into it anymore after I apparently read wrong information.

Whew, secured all the preorders. Now, hopefully they won't be cancelled because stores oversold, etc. I want to be able to rest easy...at least until Amazon finally puts up SS Link, and P2 Corrin.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So glad I got in on these preorders. That Metroid...<3

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Best Buy has Majora's Mask Link (which I already have pre-ordered), Gamestop's the ones who own exclusive rights to Twilight Link

sorry, thanks for correcting me. Too much to keep track of. I guess try going in-store to nearby GameStops on release day, then ... I'd suggest showing up the minute they open, though.

Snagged a Metroid set on BB this morning. For those of you who got your GCU with your Zelda orders like I did, make sure its activated before you purchase anything else! It wasn't right off the bat, but after digging around on their site in my "Digital Library" it seemed to be activated.

Champs and Metroid were the big ones for me. At least from my point of view, Fire Emblem is niche enough that I don't think it'll be hard to find any of their future releases unless they have absurdly low numbers like the Smash ones. I think they should have enough that it's not something like"you'll have to preorder because otherwise you wont get them" level.

I'm figuring the Mario ones should be the same way, especially if they do both singles and a 3 pack of them; there should be plenty. And Goomba and Koopa Troopa should be just fine like the rest of the Mario Series amiibo.

D.Lo

The new Samus kind of looks... bad to me?

It's obviously a new suit from the new game, but I want a better one with the classic suit.

kunonabi

Got everything preordered. I'm still screwed on Majora's Mask Link and I'll probably miss out on Skyward Sword Link too but oh well. I'll just have to pay the crazy import/scalper prices on them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That feeling when you can't update the OT because you're actually at E3 for all days

I still ordered all the things of course!
ALL OF THEM

Also Odyssey is freaking amazing! I need to get back in line to play more.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I keep getting error'd with them on Gamestop's site with all 10 in cart...

Edit: Nice! Got some help with ordering them all in store. All of them are in store, too. I can rest again (till Amazon exclusives... so happy none of these were!)

Good luck!!

LiK

That feeling when you can't update the OT because you're actually at E3 for all days

I still ordered all the things of course!
ALL OF THEM

Also Odyssey is freaking amazing! I need to get back in line to play more.

Nothing stops Diggeh.

also, share some pics of your trip!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still trying to figure out if the Odyssey Miibos are part of a separate line or the Super Mario line, due to their base.... Need boxart!

LiK

I even preordered the Goomba and Koopa and I don't really care. Might cancel them later if they don't sell out.

Top Bottom