• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Boogiepop

Nice, got my Zelda confirmation. Now just need the rest to go up... (Also, please no exclusives, at least outside of Best Buy, as not having that discount hurts... Plus Amazon in particular is lame enough that their exclusives from the last batch still aren't up...)

zulux21

I think they will go up again...hopefully anyway! I just got GCU and unfortunately it hasn't applied to my account yet, so the order hasn't had it applied either. I plan on reordering them if they go up again.

if your order doesn't apply it, don't cancel it.
you should be able to go in a store and get the discount.
if they refuse sigh at them and then look them in the eye and say you are then going to return them and you want to buy them again.
they shouldn't be able to deny you that.

LiK

I'll preorder from Amazon and BB when they go up. Gotta always have backup just in case one of them cancels them

zulux21

No the website was coming to a halt as soon as they went up and even crashed for a minute. There will probably be more once they see the demand.

eh... if the site crashed and they are just fixing things up then there will be more.

if they sold out as the site crashed, there won't be any more from bestbuy. it's not uncommon for limited things to sell out in minutes on best buy and then never come back.

Tyeforce

So I was right about the Champion amiibo after all! But there's still at least one more Breath of the Wild amiibo that has yet to be revealed...

I posted this in the new Zelda amiibo thread, but I'll post here, too:

With these new Zelda amiibo finally revealed, it's interesting to note the current gaps in item numbers for the Zelda series amiibo...
Code:
The Legend of Zelda
AKAA - Wolf Link - Twilight Princess
AKAB - Link - Ocarina of Time
AKAC - Link - Majora’s Mask
AKAD - Link - Twilight Princess
AKAE - Link - Skyward Sword
AKAF - Link - The Legend of Zelda
AKAG - Toon Link - The Wind Waker
AKAH - 
AKAJ - Zelda - The Wind Waker
AKAK - Link (Archer) - Breath of the Wild
AKAL - Link (Rider) - Breath of the Wild
AKAM - Guardian - Breath of the Wild
AKAN - Zelda - Breath of the Wild
AKAP - 
AKAQ - 
AKAR - 
AKAS - 
AKAT - 
AKAU - Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild

These item numbers for amiibo have been incredibly consistent, and there have never been gaps like this that haven't eventually been filled in. So with that in mind, we're due for at least 6 more Zelda amiibo.

The first is oddly placed between Toon Link - The Wind Waker and Zelda - The Wind Waker, which could point towards a third amiibo from The Wind Waker, like Tetra or Ganondorf, but why would it have been held back like this? Rather, I think it might end up being Link - A Link Between Worlds, since that's the only other major version of Link that's missing—well, that Nintendo seems to care about, at least. It's possible that it could be another Zelda, too.

Perhaps more interesting, though, are the other 5 missing amiibo, which come between Zelda - Breath of the Wild and Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild. While the amiibo from AKAA through AKAJ don't really seem to follow a specific order, all of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are listed between AKAK and AKAN, plus the Bokoblin way down at AKAU. With the Breath of the Wild amiibo being grouped together like this, it would make sense if AKAP through AKAT are also Breath of the Wild amiibo. So, what would those be?! I'm guessing, if they are really more Breath of the Wild amiibo, they'll be released alongside the future DLC updates, and I'd bet on four of them being the other Champions—Revali, Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa. I'm not sure what the fifth would be, though.

In fact, looking further, I've noticed that each of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are based on promotional artwork for the game...

There aren't many characters that have official artwork like this, however. In fact, the only others are...

That's right, the four Champions! So yeah, I'm pretty confident that we'll be getting amiibo figures of these four eventually. The question is, what will that fifth one be? Could it be a new character that will be introduced with the DLC, possibly related to the new story and/or dungeon?

KingBroly

Banned
I guess I'll go out and pre-order some of these tomorrow...

sigh...

the Metroid and Zelda ones for sure.

Mario ones? Nah. FE Warriors ones...eh...maybe

ZeroX03

Banned
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

WE GET STUCK WITH MIPHA INSTEAD OF BASED SIDON

NEXT YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'LL NEVER GET A GROOSE AMIIBO

C60Wj8AU0AI_jjc.jpg

gonna cop those new Metroid ones

ZeoVGM

Banned
Is it just the Zelda amiibo that went up on Best Buy? Haven't seen the Metroid, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem or new Super Mario figures (Koopa Troopa, Goomba) yet.

Just wanted to confirm that my order for the 4 Champions amiibo went through and I got my confirmation email too. I picked up a GCU membership with it as well so that was nice. Now I gotta figure out where I'm gonna get the money for these other amiibo i want lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fess up, who is buying Odyssey Amiibos for slim chance of decorating their wedding cake in the (possible) future.
Not gonna lie, that was one of the first things I thought of when I saw them.

....I also saw a tweet that basically said "Nintendo just made cake toppers for a million geek weddings"

zulux21

Fess up, who is buying Odyssey Amiibos for slim chance of decorating their wedding cake in the (possible) future.

even if I wasn't already married, there wouldn't be a wedding cake (a very pointless expense :p), as there wasn't when I got married anyways.

I suppose I could be goofy and make a cheap cake for an anniversary or something, but in general I am just gonna skip the mario ones.

Funny you say that, I got married last year and my wife painted a Peach and Mario amiibo white to put on our wedding cake. One year later and they come out with these haha.

I've never bought Amiibo before from Best Buy (or any Amiibo really) so I have a couple questions.

I just put in orders for Revali and Daruk. It appears they went through.

The release date is 12/31. Does anyone know if there's a more realistic release date announced yet?

And does Best Buy charge me right now? Or when I pick them up? I chose in-store pickup.

LiK

I've never bought Amiibo before from Best Buy (or any Amiibo really) so I have a couple questions.

The release date is 12/31. Does anyone know if there's a more realistic release date announced yet?

And does Best Buy charge me right now? Or when I pick them up? I chose in-store pickup.

They charge when shipped but they do a temp charge for the full amount on your card until it ships.

Type40

Eventually the date will adjust to the Oct/Nov date. They do a temp hold on the CC, but i believe it gets applied on the release date.

They charge when shipped but they do a temp charge for the full amount on your card until it ships.

I don't understand the difference. I used my debit card and when I look at my bank account online, the charge is there already in "pending." Is it just going to sit there in pending for months?

Top Bottom