• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Koopa & Goomba amiibo confirmed as well:

DCN-g6xU0AAxg4g.jpg

So 5 Mario + 4 Zelda + 2 Metroid = 11 amiibo. Wasn't there 12 rumored?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The 12th amiibo is a custom Sonic Forces amiibo with different magnetic outfits you can put on it to customize it.
Nah, it's a Rocket League car with a Mario hat. That's how you'll unlock the Mario and Luigi hats in the game.

I swear if any of the new amiibo are retailer exclusive, I don't want to deal with a place like Target if they're only going to have 4 Mipha amiibo

RedBoot

Looks like the same base as Alm and Celica for those new FE amiibo

The FE amiibo train never ends

Yeah, the Mario ones seem to have the Mario base too. Glad they're keeping that consistent.

Still, I never expected deciding to get all the FE amiibo would be a long-term process.

Need Chrom. Might have to hold off on the Koopa and Goombas at launch, since that's already six amiibos that I want coming out [likely] around the same time. Doubt those two will sell out, though - they will be like the Bokoblins and Riders of the SMO series.

Jawmuncher

How much would I need to spend on Amiibo to get an actual benefit from the discount?
If my math is right, it'd be 8 or 9 right?
Yeah I think i'll get GCU when these preorders start to go up.

Which Twitter account is the best to follow for pre-order notifications? And don't say @wario64, I don't need a notification about unrelated shit every 5 seconds.

Jawmuncher

20% off for $30/2yrs. You could just buy a few games and amiibos and already make up for it.

Isn't it 2 years for $30? That's basically $15 per year. You're saving $12 for each $60 game you get.

Just saw that the Smash line was still preorderable.
REordering them with the GCU. Gonna stick with them now for all my amiibo needs.
Probably manage some games from them now too.

zulux21

How much would I need to spend on Amiibo to get an actual benefit from the discount?
If my math is right, it'd be 8 or 9 right?
Yeah I think i'll get GCU when these preorders start to go up.

given there can be up to a 48 hour delay (in rare cases more) between buying GCU and being able to use it.

I wouldn't wait on that.

Just saw that the Smash line was still preorderable.
REordering them with the GCU. Gonna stick with them now for all my amiibo needs.
Probably manage some games from them now too.

bestbuy is also pretty good about using boxes instead of bubble mailers like amazon :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed during the Treehouse stream that the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake on 3DS will have amiibo support.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think they'll make new amiibo, but considering Paper Jam had it, I'm not surprised.

It COULD just be for the new Bowser's Minions mode

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess they said Koopa & Goomba are "related" to SS 3DS, guessing it's mainly for a bonus in that Bowser's Minion game.

Now let's see if they announce any ARMS amiibo.

Probably will just get the 5 Mario ones, the Metroid one (Samus isn't different enough for me to warrant getting it), & both FE amiibo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really? The new Samus amiibo is one of the best looking yet!
Oh don't get me wrong, it looks very nice & I like it's based on the Metroid 2 boxart, but as someone who already has SSB Samus, I just need more than just a different pose. If she also had a different suit on, I'd totally be convinced.

I need more than just a different pose, especially now that I'm trying to be a bit more careful with which amiibos I want to get due to space & money. It's why I didn't bother with most of the Mario line of amiibo, because I already have their SSB version. But the 8-Bit Marios & now the Wedding clothing ones are different enough for me to warrant getting. Same for Wario since he has different clothing along with the different pose.

Oh don't get me wrong, it looks very nice & I like it's based on the Metroid 2 boxart, but as someone who already has SSB Samus, I just need more than just a different pose. If she also had a different suit on, I'd totally be convinced.

I need more than just a different pose, especially now that I'm trying to be a bit more careful with which amiibos I want to get due to space & money. It's why I didn't bother with most of the Mario line of amiibo, because I already have their SSB version. But the 8-Bit Marios & now the Wedding clothing ones are different enough for me to warrant getting. Same for Wario since he has different clothing along with the different pose.

Yeah, a Light Suit or Dark Suit Samus would have looked awesome. Maybe if we ever get a Trilogy HD re-release!

Boogiepop

I forget, should I get a confirmation right away if things are alright from Best Buy? Placed an order for all 4, but it bugs me that I can't see any confirmation that it exists...

Jawmuncher

I forget, should I get a confirmation right away if things are alright from Best Buy? Placed an order for all 4, but it bugs me that I can't see any confirmation that it exists...

Same issue I am having. It's not on my orders currently either.
Think it should send back though.

Credo

It's the same for me. I just ordered it twice to be sure. I'll cancel one of the orders when I see they've gone through, but I guess the site is getting hammered.

Top Bottom